Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh the Irony

Post imported post

The following Facebook group was just created called the "Westfield 32." For those of you who live in Northern Virginia, you probably know that the VT shooter and several victims attended Westfield High School (as did myself).

On this group page they state their purpose as: "This group is attempting to instill positive change to prevent school shootings from happening again."

And these are the ways they are going to prevent school shootings:
    *Protesting easy gun use.
    *Raising awareness about easy gun access in VA, such as the gun show loophole.
    *Holding lie-ins in remembrance of the Virginia Tech victims.

If anyone wants to join the group and discuss concealed carry on campus as the best option to prevent future shootings, please do. As much I want to, I'm not going to say anything on that particular group page because most of the people in that group are my friends and I don't feel like "offending" them. :?

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=...d=270946743777

Edit: I just noticed this written on the group page:

This is not an anti-gun group, it is a group trying to prevent guns from getting into the wrong hands by implementing stricter gun laws that better protect law abiding citizens. The members of this group believe that adding guns is not a solution to keeping students safe.

Post imported post

hunter45 wrote:
    This is not an anti-gun group, it is a group trying to prevent guns from getting into the wrong hands by implementing stricter gun laws that better protect law abiding citizens. The members of this group believe that adding guns is not a solution to keeping students safe.
    Yeah errr already been tried. Doesn't work. See also: War on Drugs

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes....Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - My man Thomas Jefferson
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Post imported post

I'm considering posting something. Anybody willing to proofread and comment before I do?

Seems you must be a member of the group in order to post. Nevermind...
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Post imported post

Am I a terrible person? I find it freakin' hilarious that the site mentioned has the ad for Mafia Wars on the same page.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    What does a caring, sensitive person feel when they are forced to use a handgun to stop a threat?

Recoil.

Post imported post

Also, they make it clear that they are "not an anti-gun group," but they have links to the Brady Campaign website posted.

Post imported post

hunter45 wrote:
    The following Facebook group was just created called the "Westfield 32." For those of you who live in Northern Virginia, you probably know that the VT shooter and several victims attended Westfield High School (as did myself).

On this group page they state their purpose as: "This group is attempting to instill positive change to prevent school shootings from happening again."

And these are the ways they are going to prevent school shootings:
    *Protesting easy gun use.
    *Raising awareness about easy gun access in VA, such as the gun show loophole.
    *Holding lie-ins in remembrance of the Virginia Tech victims.

If anyone wants to join the group and discuss concealed carry on campus as the best option to prevent future shootings, please do. As much I want to, I'm not going to say anything on that particular group page because most of the people in that group are my friends and I don't feel like "offending" them. :?

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=...d=270946743777

Edit: I just noticed this written on the group page:

If they are " Offended " from just a difference of opinion & a post that contradicts their beliefs then I'm glad they are your friends because they wouldn't be mine.

Post imported post

More 'Useful Idiots'. Lets form a group to huddle in fear... that'll work. We'll put up signs. We'll create slogans. We'll engage in street theatre. We'll all sing Cumbaya. We'll remain in denial of human behavior and remain defensless 'cause it gives us warm fuzzies. Anything but the obvious solution... the means and ability to SHOOT BACK!

Post imported post

Post! Some of the people that are members of that might benifit from another perspective. Remember some might not think about guns much, but joined to show support for the victims. Left unchallenged, they are rip for the true anti-gun groups to snap up into there ranks.

Post imported post

I was just banned from the group for voicing opposition against closing the gun show "loophole"! All comments that were in support of the 2A were removed from the group.

Post imported post

So much for these people being your friend, your opinion/views apparently don't matter to them.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

'DIVERSITY' only counts when you agree with these morons.

Post imported post

It sounds like they are going to hold meetings to discuss how to prevent school shootings. Do you think it would be in bad taste to attend these meetings while OC'ing (assuming the meeting is not actually held at the high school)?

Post imported post

Dude as long as they are open to the public, game on. Let me know and I'll give you a ride neighbor

Post imported post

bohdi wrote:
    Dude as long as they are open to the public, game on. Let me know and I'll give you a ride neighbor
    I'll let you know if I hear anything.

I look for you every time I drive by your house.

Post imported post

Dude the weather has been really funny and I haven't been out much. I stopped walking by yours in the morning for a while now. We'll have to get together and do lunch sometime.

Post imported post

hunter45 wrote:
    It sounds like they are going to hold meetings to discuss how to prevent school shootings. Do you think it would be in bad taste to attend these meetings while OC'ing (assuming the meeting is not actually held at the high school)?
    Yeah, good idea. Just like with the MMM meetings a couple of years ago. That worked out so well.

Maybe somebody could video-record the meeting, too. (Make sure you have a backup camera man, though. In case the first one, uhm, gets talked out of doing it.)

Post imported post

Bored today Hank? You didn't hit this with your normal verve. I think you are slipping. I'm feeling cheated because you didn't deploy your entire arsenal.

Post imported post

I was just banned from the group for voicing opposition against closing the gun show "loophole"! All comments that were in support of the 2A were removed from the group.
    Reasoned Discourse! Reasoned Discourse! Clap your hands for reasoned discourse!

Post imported post

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
    Am I a terrible person? I find it freakin' hilarious that the site mentioned has the ad for Mafia Wars on the same page.
    The Brady Bunch has an ad for Gangster City (Whatever that is) and Maffia Wars on theirs. Very funny.

Also on the Brady Photo's page, I found some pretty funny tags. You have to mouse over the pictures to see the tags. They made me chuckle.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/p...;id=6236054211

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...;id=6236054211

Post imported post

The Westfield 32 group has a Brady Campaign produced video taken with a concealed camera by some fellow named Colin who boughtsome guns at agun show from private sellers.

Guns for Cash in Virginia! No Background Check, no ID Required

It is very true to reality. And the video presents the Brady point of view very well. Quite effective. They even showed a "responsible" privatesale where the seller insisted on a bill of sale. Prettybalanced depiction by the Brady-ites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASjfzG4mpyU

Post imported post

Gee Hank. Thanks for the 411. We know who Colin is already. That story and his actions are old news.

Post imported post

bohdi wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    The Westfield 32 group has a Brady Campaign produced video taken with a concealed camera by some fellow named Colin who boughtsome guns at agun show from private sellers.

Guns for Cash in Virginia! No Background Check, no ID Required

It is very true to reality. And the video presents the Brady point of view very well. Quite effective. They even showed a "responsible" privatesale where the seller insisted on a bill of sale. Prettybalanced depiction by the Brady-ites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASjfzG4mpyU
    Gee Hank. Thanks for the 411. We know who Colin is already. That story and his actions are old news.
    You're welcome, Bohdi.

What do you think of the Brady video? Think it's accurate?

That Colin Goddard guy has tons of validity. They picked the perfect spokesman/activist.

Think the video is informative and persuasive?

What say you,Bohdi?

Post imported post

The damning thing about video, like statistics,is it can show anything you want it to show

Could they have picked a better puppet? Nope.

Is it a secret you can buy a gun through a private sale without a background check? Nope.

Is it a secret you can do that in a church parking lot or outside a gun convention? Nope.

Can the arguement be made the video is pursuasive? Sure. Why not. Until people act on that though, it doesn't mean anything really. You can change a persons mind, but if you don't change their will and motivate them to act, you really haven't done anything have you?

Post imported post

bohdi wrote:
    The damning thing about video, like statistics,is it can show anything you want it to show

Could they have picked a better puppet? Nope.

Is it a secret you can buy a gun through a private sale without a background check? Nope.

Is it a secret you can do that in a church parking lot or outside a gun convention? Nope.

Can the arguement be made the video is pursuasive? Sure. Why not. Until people act on that though, it doesn't mean anything really. You can change a persons mind, but if you don't change their will and motivate them to act, you really haven't done anything have you?
    Why do you call Colin Goddard a "puppet?" He's an activist. And he got shot 4 times.

You're disrespecting a man who faced death by some loon murdererwith a gun and lived to tell about it. And you trash him simply because you don't like his opinion.

Shame on you, Bohdi.

Post imported post

I call him a puppet because he's being exploited. Shame on you sir.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast