Thread: OT: Looking for new place near Waterford

Post imported post

I just took a job in Waterford and I am looking for a place to rent within reasonable driving distance. I looked at several apartments in Waterford on Saturday and was rather disappointed with what I found. I looked at one in Novi, Wixom area and it was much more promising so I might look around there more but I figured if I asked on here perhaps someone would have a suggestion or two on some places to look within a 20 mile radius of Waterford. Thanks in advance for any imput.

Paul

Post imported post

First of all, use craigslist for apartment searches. It narrows things down quickly and easily.

Second, you might want to consider buying a house with how cheap some of them have become, at least if you think you'll be in Michigan for a while.

Thrd, if you're determined to get an apartment and you really want the specific advice of people here, you need to be more specific about what you're looking for in terms of price and neighborhoods.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

I will check craigslist.

I would love to buy a house but I have absolutely no money and in fact I have lots of school loan debt so buying a house is out of the question right now.

As far as areas and price range, I was thinking Novi, Wixom seems nice as well as Auburn Hills, White Lake or Lake Orion, obviously West Bloomfield would be within my radius but probably out of my price range. The place that I looked at in Novi was nice it was called Portsmouth and it was a 1 bedroom for 575 with gas and water included. I would say I am looking for something in that similar range I could probably go up to maybe 650 or even 700 IF it was exactly what I wanted but I would prefer to stay under that.

Post imported post

Some repo'd homes in places like Warren and Hazel park are selling for under 10,000 dollars. If you would be happy with living in a beat up home that you could fix up as time and funds allowed, a home might be the cheapest and best option for you.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Banned

Post imported post

Michigander has the right idea here. Its the cheapest and best in the long run, and you cant build equity on an apartment. Im sure you can find something in waterford, some of those homes have been just sitting there for a while.

If you go with an apartment, stay away from rivers edge apartments. We used to call it "dealers edge" they are on airport road.

Post imported post

lol yea i was already warned about them.

Post imported post

$8,000 in your pocket If it's your first time buying a home

Post imported post

and i think that 8K can be used for closing costs. it's really 10% what you buy the house for....so would only be 3K on a $30K house.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.