Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Barnes and Noble-Libbie Place

Post imported post

Had an issue with the manager at the B & N at Libbie Place. I need the contact information for the District Manager. Once I have spoken to him/her I will post more details about the incident. Some of you already know them, I ask that you do not disclose them because I would like to get some official answers.

Thanks for your help guys and gals! It's taken me over a week to get calm enough to type this!

Post imported post

Have you tried corporate? I know it's not much help but when I have had issues with places in the past, not just for OC related reasons, I've called corporate and a day or so later the regional or district manager got in touch with me.

Post imported post

Curtis wrote:
    Have you tried corporate? I know it's not much help but when I have had issues with places in the past, not just for OC related reasons, I've called corporate and a day or so later the regional or district manager got in touch with me.
    Where can I find that number? Or do you have it available to pass on to me?

Thanks!

Post imported post

http://www.barnesandnobleinc.com/misc/contact_us.html

General Inquiries: For general questions or comments about Barnes & Noble, Inc.:

Barnes & Noble, Inc.
    P.O. Box 111
    Lyndhurst, NJ 07071

telephone: (800) 962-6177
    e-mail: customerservice@bn.com
    fax: (201) 559-6910

Post imported post

Curtis wrote:
    http://www.barnesandnobleinc.com/misc/contact_us.html

General Inquiries: For general questions or comments about Barnes & Noble, Inc.:

Barnes & Noble, Inc.
    P.O. Box 111
    Lyndhurst, NJ 07071

telephone: (800) 962-6177
    e-mail: customerservice@bn.com
    fax: (201) 559-6910
    Thanks my searching ability is stunted this evening! I'll give them a call tomorrow and post a response on here! Thanks! I hope we can get things straightened out.

Post imported post

Even if the customer service rep at corporate verifies that B&N policy is to allow what is legal in the state, still request that the district manager contact you so that the general manager can hopefully be edumacated.

Post imported post

Curtis wrote:
    Even if the customer service rep at corporate verifies that B&N policy is to allow what is legal in the state, still request that the district manager contact you so that the general manager can hopefully be edumacated.
    Her and the damn security guard. They called the cops on a guy a couple months back! It's getting re-donk-u-lous!

Post imported post

ClumsyCandy wrote:
    Curtis wrote:
    Her and the damn security guard. They called the cops on a guy a couple months back! It's getting re-donk-u-lous!
    I think I remember reading about that or something similar. The manager then said that if a customer were to say anything about it then it was their policy to ask the OCer to cover or leave (it in the car).

Then, if I recall correctly, you spoke up and maybe I did too that you've never had a problem there.

I still haven't but I also haven't been in quite a while.

Hope you get everything resolved for this location so we can all go there without having to wonder if Mocha McSheeple in the cafe will want us out of the store with some claim that we are ruining their shopping/reading-for-hours-but-not-buying experience.

</bitter cynicism>

Post imported post

Curtis wrote:
    ClumsyCandy wrote:
    Curtis wrote:
    I think I remember reading about that or something similar. The manager then said that if a customer were to say anything about it then it was their policy to ask the OCer to cover or leave (it in the car).

Then, if I recall correctly, you spoke up and maybe I did too that you've never had a problem there.

I still haven't but I also haven't been in quite a while.

Hope you get everything resolved for this location so we can all go there without having to wonder if Mocha McSheeple in the cafe will want us out of the store with some claim that we are ruining their shopping/reading-for-hours-but-not-buying experience.

</bitter cynicism>
    Before this incident I hadn't had any problems.

Post imported post

Curtis wrote:
    Lyndhurst, NJ 07071
    Well that doesn't exactly give you any warm fuzzy feelings about the situation...

TFred

Post imported post

When you said "Libbie Place" I though that was a description!

Post imported post

ClumsyCandy wrote:
    Curtis wrote:
    Where can I find that number? Or do you have it available to pass on to me?

Thanks!
    unrequited got jammed up at the Potomac Yard B&N. You might try looking at these threads:

unrequited wrote:
    This is plain wrong. Corporate SHOULD fix this for you... two people (myself included) have had issues at B&N. Mine was good (management-wise... you can read for the whole shebang linked below), NetRanger's was so-so. Both were cleared after the fact by B&N management.

I've personally spoken to the district manager of DC/VA/MD and he said that they respect the state's firearms laws that they do business in.

My thread (long):
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/3671-1.html

NetRanger's thread:
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...mp;forum_id=54

Good luck, please update.

Haven't seen ole unrequited in a while. Whatever happened to that fellow?

Post imported post

Sounds like I might need to drive down to Richmond to look for this book I've been wanting.....

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

richarcm wrote:
    Sounds like I might need to drive down to Richmond to look for this book I've been wanting.....
    We have Books-A-Million too, just in case.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    richarcm wrote:
    We have Books-A-Million too, just in case.

Yata hey
    Hey, Grapeshot, I forgot to mention before......

CONGRATUMALATIONS ON 7,000 POSTS!

Only 3 guys have previouslyreached that level at OCDO: Citizen, LEO 229 and Doug Huffman.

And now there are four...

Good on you!

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

ClumsyCandy wrote:
    Had an issue with the manager at the B & N at Libbie Place. I need the contact information for the District Manager. Once I have spoken to him/her I will post more details about the incident. Some of you already know them, I ask that you do not disclose them because I would like to get some official answers.

Thanks for your help guys and gals! It's taken me over a week to get calm enough to type this!

Barnes & Noble

Original Message From: "Mary Ausman" <MJAusman@bn.com>

To: XXXXXXXXXXX
    Sent: Monday, July 21, 2008 1:42 PM
    Subject: Barnes & Noble

Thank you for your email.

While we are unable to discuss customer situations with an uninvolved third part, to answer your question, Barnes & Noble complies with the law and, except where prohibited by law, does not prohibit its customers from carrying handguns or other firearms in a Barnes & Noble store in accordance with the laws of the state in which a store is located.
    Sincerely, Mary Ausman
    Supervisor, Customer Retention
    Barnes & Noble, Inc. 122 Fifth Avenue New York, NY 10011
    tel: (800) 422-7717 fax: (212)352.3660 http://www.barnesandnobleinc.com

Walmart
    Policy is to follow the law of the state the store located.
    Customer Service1-800-Wal-Mart
    (1-800-925-6278) Questions regarding a Wal-Mart Store issue
    702 SW 8th Street
    Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
    Bentonville, Arkansas 72716-8611

Email contact link:
    http://walmartstores.com/contactus/feedback.aspx

Audio of Walmart Policy: Walmart_Firearm_Policy_Call.mp3

Cabelas:

Thank you for the recent email. I am very sorry for the confusion that took place at our retail location.
    Our corporate office has taken action in regards to the below mentioned issue and here is what has been decided.
    We have made the decision to comply with state laws in regards to open carry. We do not ask customers to check concealed or open carry weapons where the state has laws governing this situation. Our signs refer to firearms that are being returned or sold to Cabela's.

If you are still having problems please feel free to let us know

Thanks again

Becky
    Lead Associate
    Cabela's Retail Information
    1-800-905-2731
    retail.contactgroup<AT>
    cabelas.com

Toys-R-US

Dear Mr. Ross:

Thank you for contacting Toys R Us regarding the recent tragedy in our store. Naturally, we want our guest's to be safe and feel confident while they are shopping. We adhere to the state law of whatever state a particular store is located in since the governing laws regarding gun control vary across the country. At this time I have not been notified that this will change though I can not guarantee that it won't in the future. I invite you to submit your concerns to our corporate head office for further attention.

Toys R Us
    Attn: Gerald Storch (CEO)
    1 Geoffrey Way
    Wayne, NJ 07470

If you have any further questions or concerns please email us or contact our customer service line at 1-800-869-7787.

Sincerely,
    Beverly McCann
    Toys R Us Corporate Guest Relations Team

LOWE'S
    Dear XXXX XXXX:

Thank you for giving Lowe's the opportunity to respond to your concerns regarding our policy on firearms in our stores.

Lowe's currently does, and will continue to abide by federal, state and local laws regarding firearms, and we do not prohibit customers from carrying firearms into our stores.

Our first and foremost concern is for the safety of our customers, however; we take all comments and concerns from our customers seriously. We are considerate of all customers, and will remain neutral regarding the right to carry firearms. We will respect federal, state and local laws regarding this.

If Lowe's can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to call 1-866-284-8989 or email
    execustservice@lowes.com. You may also contact us by mailing your correspondence to P.O. Box 1111, Mail Code CON8, North Wilkesboro, North Carolina 28659.

Thank you,
    Julie Holloway
    Lowe's Executive Customer Service

Home Depot.

http://www.tennesseefirearms.com/law...s/homedepo.pdf

Customer care number. 1-800-430-3376
    Contact link:
    http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...atalogId=10053

Recieved this from Jerry. Seems to contradict the letter.

Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 06:13:57 -0400 (EDT)
    hdconsumeraffairs@homedepot.com>
    To:
    warchild44spcl@yahoo.com
    Subject: Re: Other Website Questions

Dear Jerry,
    The Home Depot Customer Care is in receipt of your email. We appreciate you taking the time to email us. Our general policy is not to ban customers from carrying firearms on the Home Depot property in those states having a concealed firearm law, provided they are carrying the firearm in accordance with the applicable laws.
    If the firearm is not concealed in accordance with the carrying permit (typically that means concealed and cannot be seen by members of the public), it is up to the manager based on personal comfort level to approach the individual directly and request them to leave the premises or to contact local law enforcement for purposes of having the individual removed. Thank you for contacting us.

Sincerely,
    Ricky
    Customer Care

BEST BUY's POLICY

from Customer Contact <
    CustomerContact@bestbuy.com>
    to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    date Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 7:31 PM
    subject Best Buy Gun policy - XXXXXXXX
    mailed-by
    bestbuy.com

Best Buy strives to comply with all applicable law and statues. Best Buy also strives to provide a safe and comfortable shopping environment for all our customers. Best Buy does not ban guns at our retail locations. As a general rule, Best Buy does not post “no guns allowed” signs in our stores and we are not aware of any individual stores that might have posted such a sign.

BOB EVANS
    Bob Evans - Reference # 536155

We certainly appreciate you taking the time to e-mail regarding our Bob Evans Restaurants. Bob Evans follows all local, state, and federal laws pertaining to firearms. Please contact your local Bob Evans restaurants for the specific regulations. Again, Mr. Spice, we appreciate your comments. We value your patronage and appreciate your interest in Bob Evans Farms Inc.

Bass Pro. Inc. Clarifies Policy – Open Carry Welcome![/b]

OpenCarry.org (OCDO) is pleased to announce that Bass Pro Inc. advised OCDO co-founder Mike Stollenwerk by telephone today that open carry of holstered handguns is as welcome as concealed carry provided all federal and state laws are followed.

After being contacted by OpenCarry.org (and apparently some of our almost 20,000 some thousand members) about sporadic inconsistent treatment of open carriers at some Bass Pro shops, Bass Pro’s Manager of Communications Larry L. Whiteley asked OCDO co-founder Mike Stollenwerk for more background information and some time to straighten things out.

Stollenwerk advised Whitely two weeks ago that open carry is legal in most states, usually without a permit, and that Sportsmens’ Warehouse and Cabelas have adopted clear corporate policies welcoming open carriers in their stores just as they do concealed carriers. Further Stollenwerk noted, it’s better to adopt one clear corporate policy than allow individual employees make up store rules or give legal advice to customers, i.e., the proverbial but well meaning, “psst, hey, you gotta cover that up, it’s the law” kind of thing, which can get gun owners in trouble for breaking the law and unlawfully concealing (e.g., in Wisconsin where no permit to conceal is even issued).

Well today Mr. Whiteley called and confirmed that Bass Pro’s policy is and “always was” to be to respect lawful customer gun carry, concealed or open, and that steps the following steps are being taken to ensure this policy is understood by all managers and employees, including production and distribution of training videos as well re-drafting of signage pertaining to guns.

OpenCarry.org is pleased that Bass Pro. joins both Sportsmens’ Warehouse and Cabelas in clarifying to OpenCarry.org that open carry is welcome in their stores as a matter of corporate policy.

Dicks Sporting Goods

Mr. XXXX,

Thank you for contacting Dick's Sporting Goods.

Our stores comply with state laws and, in some cases, where we are a tenant as an anchor store, those mall restrictions if any exists.

Jean Taggart,Manager of Customer Engagement

An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Thanks for that, I was able to quote it to them on the phone. They took my name and number and said someone would contact me. So we'll see how long that takes especially after I told them they'd lose business. No company cares to hear that!

Post imported post

I spend a couple hundred a year there. Be happy to move that somewhere else.

Is the granny security guard still there? Felt sorry for her. No weapon. No clue.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

ClumsyCandy wrote:
    They took my name and number
    Go ahead and PM that to me too just so I can be sure you gave them the correct info.
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    Barnes & Noble

Walmart

Cabelas:

Toys-R-US

LOWE'S

Home Depot.

BEST BUY's POLICY

BOB EVANS

Dicks Sporting Goods

Great list, thanks!
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

excerpt By Marko Kloos (http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.com/?s=major+caudill)

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    ClumsyCandy wrote:
    Go ahead and PM that to me too just so I can be sure you gave them the correct info.
    Dork.

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    ClumsyCandy wrote:
    Make sure you CC: his wife :P

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Ric in Richmond wrote:
    I spend a couple hundred a year there. Be happy to move that somewhere else.

Is the granny security guard still there? Felt sorry for her. No weapon. No clue.
    Armed, black female Sheriffs deputy - I think City of Richmond.

Was having a case of indigestion when I was there, shortly after ClumsyCandy.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

The Libbie Place B & N is actually in Henrico County. On West broad the city county line is Staples Mill & broad.

Post imported post

No one was questioning where it was, Grapeshot was stating that the security guard who was working in there is an off-duty City of Richmond Deputy. : )

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast