• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Barnes and Noble-Libbie Place

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Ric in Richmond wrote:
I spend a couple hundred a year there. Be happy to move that somewhere else.

Is the granny security guard still there? Felt sorry for her. No weapon. No clue.
Armed, black female Sheriffs deputy - I think City of Richmond.

Was having a case of indigestion when I was there, shortly after ClumsyCandy. :D

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ClumsyCandy wrote:
No one was questioning where it was, Grapeshot was stating that the security guard who was working in there is an off-duty City of Richmond Deputy. : )
Kenny was right though, just for the wrong reason. :)

Yata hey

kenny

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
ClumsyCandy wrote:
No one was questioning where it was, Grapeshot was stating that the security guard who was working in there is an off-duty City of Richmond Deputy.  : )

Yata hey

You guys are harsh, someone mentions they thought something, I added clarification. My thoughts were some may wonder the exact location since the Henrico Sheriff is supposed to be pro 2A.

The store can have all sorts of policies, but when you have an agent of an elected official working there part time at least you would think the elected official could set their employee straight, which in turn just may adjust the attitude of the store. After all isn't this entire topic about attitude?

So much for Southern Hospitality, perhaps is we all used a little or practiced it we might get the message across just a little clearer.

curtiswr

imported post

kenny wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
ClumsyCandy wrote:
No one was questioning where it was, Grapeshot was stating that the security guard who was working in there is an off-duty City of Richmond Deputy. : )

Yata hey

You guys are harsh, someone mentions they thought something, I added clarification. My thoughts were some may wonder the exact location since the Henrico Sheriff is supposed to be pro 2A.

The store can have all sorts of policies, but when you have an agent of an elected official working there part time at least you would think the elected official could set their employee straight, which in turn just may adjust the attitude of the store. After all isn't this entire topic about attitude?

So much for Southern Hospitality, perhaps is we all used a little or practiced it we might get the message across just a little clearer.
But it didn't need your clarification because your assuming that it was being implied that it was within city limits, was an incorrect assumption to begin with.

And as for an agent of the elected official: perhaps he/she wasn't there at the time and therefore was unable to provide guidance with regards to the law to the store.

This isn't the first time you've played cartographer and it isn't the first time you seemingly butted in just to try and get the chance to say "you're wrong." If that's not the case you should probably make it a little more clear as to the intentions behind your posts.

I see no loss of Southern Hospitality. All I see is it being clarified, to you, of what was meant by the original statement from Grapeshot.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Armed, black female Sheriffs deputy - I think City of Richmond.

Was having a case of indigestion when I was there, shortly after ClumsyCandy.
Armed, black female Sheriffs deputy - I think from City of Richmond.

There is that better? :?

[line]
kenny wrote:
You guys are harsh
Kenny nobody intended to be unkind to you. In fact, both responses (mine & ClumsyCandy's) included "smiles" at the end to indicate otherwise.

Computer 'shorthand' being what it is, the absence of the word "from" may have been what confused the issue for you.

[line]
kenny wrote:
when you have an agent of an elected official working there part time at least you would think the elected official could set their employee straight, which in turn just may adjust the attitude of the store.
The elected official (Henrico Sheriff) has no authority or influence in this instance - even if the deputy had been from Henrico. The deputy was working as an employee of Barnes & Noble under the supervision of the store manager. Particularly, I don't think that the Sheriff would have chosen to engage in rhetoric influencing 2A rights over property rights.

That is why I discussed the matter with the manager, not the deputy. Yes there is more to this story, but it is premature to report it here.

[line]
Back to the topic at hand - B & N is temporarily (I hope) on my gun unfriendly list. I too have a phone call into B & N upper management. We shall see.

Meanwhile Books-A-Million is most friendly and has a much better selection of cards at more attractive prices.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

HankT wrote:
Hey, Grapeshot, I forgot to mention before......
Damn, another albatross hung around my neck - thanks Hank.

BTW - Can you lend me a $1.50? It'll take the two together to buy me a cheap cup of coffee. :lol:

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
HankT wrote:
Hey, Grapeshot, I forgot to mention before......
Damn, another albatross hung around my neck - thanks Hank.

BTW - Can you lend me a $1.50? It'll take the two together to buy me a cheap cup of coffee. :lol:

Yata hey
I'll buy you a cup of coffee GS. Are you going to the dog and pony show this afternoon?

I may CC. The statute doesn't mention Hawks:lol:

hawk-small.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

peter nap wrote:
I'll buy you a cup of coffee GS. Are you going to the dog and pony show this afternoon?

I may CC. The statute doesn't mention Hawks:lol:

hawk-small.jpg
Dog and pony show = Military, Police and Public Safety subcommittee meeting?
Yep - I plan on being there.

Why CC the Hawk? Isn't it legal to OC? :lol:

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Received a return phone call from B & N this morning giving me my case # and was advised that they had another case similar to mine - they will cross reference them - and be back in touch with me.

Case number? :uhoh: Oh well, it just semantics.

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Received a return phone call from B & N this morning giving me my case # and was advised that they had another case similar to mine - they will cross reference them - and be back in touch with me.

Yata hey

Better take a lawyer!

kenny

imported post

Thank you Curtis for telling me what I was thinking. By the way, I never assume anything in real life.

Perhaps from now on, you can give all my answers for me.

Yes there was an ever so slight reference that indicated the store may have been in the city. Since this forum has several people who are always mentioning the city, I just wanted to make sure since there was some doubt.

Again thank you for thinking for me.

ClumsyCandy

imported post

kenny wrote:
Thank you Curtis for telling me what I was thinking. By the way, I never assume anything in real life.

Perhaps from now on, you can give all my answers for me.

Yes there was an ever so slight reference that indicated the store may have been in the city. Since this forum has several people who are always mentioning the city, I just wanted to make sure since there was some doubt.

Again thank you for thinking for me.

Whoa Whoa Whoa.

Let me stop this RIGHT NOW.

This is a forum about an incident I had at Barnes & Noble. NOT a forum for people to get upset at perceived insults from one another and start slinging insults to just further the stereotypes and add to the fodder of the antis. STOP IT. We are ALL adults and need to act like it. If you can't, don't bother posting! No ONE and I do mean NO ONE was trying to be mean or insulting. We were ALL trying to clarify. So drop the attitudes!

Grapeshot, you must have called before I did, because I have NOT received a call back from them. I'll give it another day before I call back. I will not tolerate being pushed to the back burner.

If we can't be nice, I will ask that this whole thread be removed. I started it to inform and to get information. That's the purpose of this forum. We are here to work together to support Open Carrying in Virginia. THAT'S IT. If you have an issue with someone, PM it. Leave it out of the public eye!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ClumsyCandy wrote:
Grapeshot, you must have called before I did, because I have NOT received a call back from them. I'll give it another day before I call back. I will not tolerate being pushed to the back burner.
Called them this morning - got a call back before lunch.

'Course I talked nice to them, didn't yell or use blue words. :D

I will tell you this - they are aware of you.

Yata hey

ClumsyCandy

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
ClumsyCandy wrote:

Yata hey

Hrmm...I called yesterday afternoon.

I sure hope I got their attention, especially telling them they'd lose business, someone wasn't following corporate policy and then quoting their own policy back to them. Most companies don't like that. It's a GREAT tool to have.

And no I didn't raise my voice or use blue words either. : )

nuc65

Activist Member
imported post

ClumsyCandy wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
ClumsyCandy wrote:

Yata hey

I sure hope I got their attention, especially telling them they'd lose business, someone wasn't following corporate policy and then quoting their own policy back to them. Most companies don't like that. It's a GREAT tool to have.

All this blue language and yelling is starting to get to me...

ClumsyCandy

imported post

nuc65 wrote:
ClumsyCandy wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
ClumsyCandy wrote:

Yata hey

All this blue language and yelling is starting to get to me...

Mine is usually blue, except for holidays. And I wasn't yelling, I was emphasizing as I forget to use the italics and bold : )

Is this better, Valentine's day is coming up! LOL