• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC or Pepper Spray

Bill45

imported post

I got to wondering about other forms of self defence (nonleathal)and so looked up the state regulation regarding Pepper Spray etc.

I found that Washington State has a state preemption for personal defence sprays similar to the preemption for Concealed Pistol Permits.

It is RCW 9.91.160

I thought I would put this info out for general interest.

I was under the false "knowledge" that some jurisdictions (Peoples republic of Seattle) banned the carrying or possession of pepper spray. 'Taint so .

Bill

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Yeah, found this out a while back, allows 14 year olds to carry spray with parental permission. Pretty sweet that it is protected like firearms.

seattleric007

Banned
imported post

I worked armed security in Oakland, CA for 14 years, I used alot of pepper spray. It doesn't work on really mad or adrenalin high people. I saw one incident were three officers unloaded over half thier cans into a car, and they drove off laughing. I have seen my partner empty a whole can into a samoan face that was choking a black guy to death, and he didn't stop until my partner put his 45 to his head. The samoan guy did have a allergic reaction to the pepper spray after he released the black guy, real bad reaction, closed off his airway. So you take your chances with pepper spray. I great to show a jury proper escalation of force, and that the person was really out to kill you.