• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another question about a CPL?

wally1120

imported post

I have already taken the CPL class, But was wondering. I turn 21 here in November 20th, Could I apply for the CPL a week before my birthday? Then that way I have my prints in hopefully before my birthday, And that way when the board meets on December 2nd, My Application will be in that pile. I am just wondering if I might be able to apply before my Birthday, I will be 21 when I get the CPL, But not when I apply. Or do you have to be 21 to apply for it in the first place? I am just curious, I would like to have my CPL by the end of the year.

wally1120

imported post

Jackson isn`t so strick on that, A week isn`t that long, I would defently be 21 by the time I obtained the CPL. It usually takes 2 weeks for the Prints to get to the clerks, then the first Tuesday is when the Gun Board meets. I am just hopeing to have the application in by the December meeting.

wally1120

imported post

dougwg wrote:
Why would you ask a question, then get the correct answer then TOTALLY DISMISS it?

BTW: Where is my promise from you, I'm still waiting...

I am not dismissing anything, I dont want to get into another argument.

We dont need to bring the bad blood over onto this site, So can we forget about it? If we can do that WOULD BE GREAT.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

wally1120 wrote:
I have already taken the CPL class, But was wondering. I turn 21 here in November 20th, Could I apply for the CPL a week before my birthday? Then that way I have my prints in hopefully before my birthday, And that way when the board meets on December 2nd, My Application will be in that pile. I am just wondering if I might be able to apply before my Birthday, I will be 21 when I get the CPL, But not when I apply. Or do you have to be 21 to apply for it in the first place? I am just curious, I would like to have my CPL by the end of the year.

Per 28.425b

(7) The concealed weapon licensing board shall issue a license to an applicant to carry a concealed pistol within the period required under this act after the applicant properly submits an application under subsection (1) and the concealed weapon licensing board determines that all of the following circumstances exist:

(a) The applicant is 21 years of age or older.

Wally you can try, all they can say is no.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

Yes, you did dismiss it. Maybe you should try re-reading the thread.

As far as the other, I told you to apologize to Joe and to promise me that you would never bring it up again and I would "let it go" once and for all.

You want it to go away? Man up and apologize and promise, it's as simple as that.

wally1120

imported post

I hope then can over look the fact that I am only a week from it, I will have to askmy CPL Instructor he knos everything about Guns, And Gun Laws, If he dosen`t know the answer his wife will , Sheis a attorney. So I will get an answer fom him, And hope then can look over the fact that I would only be a week away.

wally1120

imported post

Why don`t we just leave each other alone? I am not going to apologize, promise ANYBODY anything. I don`t take commands from someone that I don`t even know.

JUST DROP IT !!!!

SpringerXDacp

imported post

wally1120 wrote:
I hope then can over look the fact that I am only a week from it, I will have to askmy CPL Instructor he knos everything about Guns, And Gun Laws, If he dosen`t know the answer his wife will , Sheis a attorney. So I will get an answer fom him, And hope then can look over the fact that I would only be a week away.

Wally, let me save you some time and worry...

The relevant law I provided above specifically states you must be 21 years of age or older. Also, the application requires you to provide your date of birth. Between the two, they will not accept your application.

sprinklerguy28

imported post

This is what is stated on the application. Why risk the consequences ?

V. Agreement and Certification: Read the following statements. By signing below, you acknowledge they are true.

I have read the information provided on carrying a concealed pistol and obtaining a Michigan Concealed Pistol License, and I meet all of the criteria for a Concealed Pistol License under Public Act 372 of 1927, as amended.

I give authority to the Concealed Weapons Licensing Board to access any record, including medical and mental health records, pertaining to my qualifications to receive a Concealed Pistol License. I understand I may request that the licensing board review my medical and mental health records in a closed session, and that I and my representative may be present at that closed session.

I understand this application is executed under oath and swear or affirm under penalty of law that the above answers are true and correct to the best of my knowledge. I understand that intentionally making a false statement on this application is a felony punishable by imprisonment for not more than 4 years or a fine of not more than $2,500, or both.

I have been provided with a copy of the Compilation of the Firearms Laws of the State of Michigan.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

wally1120 wrote:
Why don`t we just leave each other alone? I am not going to apologize, promise ANYBODY anything. I don`t take commands from someone that I don`t even know.

JUST DROP IT !!!!

Yet you command me to just drop it?

I was offering a compromise, a truce, a little give and take.

You refused, so be it.

For tonight, I leave you with this...Kindly go fist yourself.

wally1120

imported post

Doug, I really don`t need this extra $hit right now. I have alot going on right now, And I don`t see things getting better soon enough.So can we just drop it? SERIOUSLY MAN, why do we need to go back and forth at it?

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

you dont.

divided we fall. I dont care to know what got you two started, but this isnt what I come to MOC for. I dont want an issue with either of you, and this sort of thing is against the rules. We are supposed to be on the same side here, working together to reach certain goals, and to build a community. My suggestion is that when there is a MOC activity, you guys sit and discuss the issue, and leave the pride out of it. Come to the table with the intension to resolve, hoping to leave as freinds, and use the same open mindnedness that you would like to receive from an antigunner.

good luck to you both, and peace.:)

pdidinpain

imported post

OOOPS i forgot to look at the date! But alll i was gonna say is it is funny how he does not want to take advise he asked for, so just let him go pay the $125 to get turned down, waste a month to try again! His loss!!!! To each his own!