Thread: transport with no CPL

Post imported post

can i use the case that came with my glock 32 to transport the gun and empty mags in my trunk? do i have to put like a master lock around the handle? and i keep the loaded mag (loaded with speer personal defense rounds) in my holster on my waist while im driving is that okay as well?

hollow tips are legal?

sooo many questions haha sorry fellas

ps applause for the guys on the youtube channel for keeping composure while the cops were being a**holes

Post imported post

Your Glock case will be fine, the lock is optional, not mandatory, but recommended. Mags can be loaded and in the case, they just cannot be in the firearm. Firearm must be completely unloaded, none in the mag, none in the pipe. HP's are legal, that's why you can buy them.

Post imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
    Your Glock case will be fine, the lock is optional, not mandatory, but recommended. Mags can be loaded and in the case, they just cannot be in the firearm (if you DON'T have your CPL. If you do have your CPL the magazine can be loaded and in the firearm. ). Firearm must be completely unloaded, none in the mag (the magazine can be loaded, but the magazine CANNOT be in the firearm IF YOU DON'T have your CPL), none in the pipe. HP's are legal, that's why you can buy them.
    Read above in the read.

Post imported post

so keeping the loaded mag in my holster on my hip while im drivin is a no no?

thanks guys

Post imported post

iheartglock wrote:
    so keeping the loaded mag in my holster on my hip while im drivin is a no no?

thanks guys

There is no statute in Michigan, that I'm aware of, that prohibits this action.

MCL 750.231a is pretty straight forward in regards to lawful transport of pistols in a vehicle if you do not have a CPL.

ETA: Section 231a, in pertinent part:

(e) To a person while transporting a pistol for a lawful purpose that is licensed by the owner or occupant of the motor vehicle in compliance with section 2 of 1927 PA 372, MCL 28.422, and the pistol is unloaded in a closed case designed for the storage of firearms in a vehicle that does not have a trunk and is not readily accessible to the occupants of the vehicle.

Post imported post

alright thanks again,

hopin the weather gets warm soon so we can get some meets going

Post imported post

There are get togethers planned in Rochester, Battle Creek, and Lansing coming up. If you are interested in attending one of them let someone know especially if you'd like to car pool.

Post imported post

rochester and jackson would be good, im about an hour away from either. once theres a date i can know or not

Post imported post

All 3 are happening this Saturday. Look for the separate threads for each one for info.