• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

transport with no CPL

iheartglock

imported post

can i use the case that came with my glock 32 to transport the gun and empty mags in my trunk? do i have to put like a master lock around the handle? and i keep the loaded mag (loaded with speer personal defense rounds) in my holster on my waist while im driving is that okay as well?

hollow tips are legal?

sooo many questions haha sorry fellas

ps applause for the guys on the youtube channel for keeping composure while the cops were being a**holes

FatboyCykes

imported post

Your Glock case will be fine, the lock is optional, not mandatory, but recommended. Mags can be loaded and in the case, they just cannot be in the firearm. Firearm must be completely unloaded, none in the mag, none in the pipe. HP's are legal, that's why you can buy them.

T Vance

imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
Your Glock case will be fine, the lock is optional, not mandatory, but recommended. Mags can be loaded and in the case, they just cannot be in the firearm (if you DON'T have your CPL. If you do have your CPL the magazine can be loaded and in the firearm. ). Firearm must be completely unloaded, none in the mag (the magazine can be loaded, but the magazine CANNOT be in the firearm IF YOU DON'T have your CPL), none in the pipe. HP's are legal, that's why you can buy them.
Read above in the read.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

iheartglock wrote:
so keeping the loaded mag in my holster on my hip while im drivin is a no no?

thanks guys

There is no statute in Michigan, that I'm aware of, that prohibits this action.

MCL 750.231a is pretty straight forward in regards to lawful transport of pistols in a vehicle if you do not have a CPL.

ETA: Section 231a, in pertinent part:

(e) To a person while transporting a pistol for a lawful purpose that is licensed by the owner or occupant of the motor vehicle in compliance with section 2 of 1927 PA 372, MCL 28.422, and the pistol is unloaded in a closed case designed for the storage of firearms in a vehicle that does not have a trunk and is not readily accessible to the occupants of the vehicle.

sprinklerguy28

imported post

There are get togethers planned in Rochester, Battle Creek, and Lansing coming up. If you are interested in attending one of them let someone know especially if you'd like to car pool.