• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Alabama Open Carry Iphone Law summary

utahlegalheat.com

imported post

Everyone,
Background: My name is Phil and I am the developer of an Iphone/Ipod touch application called "Legal Heat: 50 State Guide to Firearm Laws". I'm an NRA firearms instructor/concealed carry instructor and I released this app to help not only the general public to know and abide by the varying laws from state to state, but also as a reference to ourselves as we travel around for our classes. Thus far it has been a great success and thousands of people are using it every day (even though it's not nearly as good as it soon will be).

Help: As of yet the app only contains concealed carry laws for each state, reciprocity/reverse reciprocity maps, and transport law summaries. At the request of many people we are currently in the process of updating it with open carry laws, that's where I would love your help. To expedite the process and help me be as accurate as possible I would be extremely grateful for anyone who could summarize (or simply provide me statutory references) for any pertinent open carry laws you feel should be included in the app or that I should be aware of. It is an extremely difficult and error prone task to be undertaken alone, so that is why I am seeking your help. This is not meant to advertise the app, but simply to recruit any help that I can through this forum, I appreciate any info you feel willing to share.
Thank you

Superlite27

imported post

Good luck when you get to Missouri.

Open carrry is perfectly legal here........

.....unless your particular city has an ordinance against it.

You are legal in 95% of them.

I'd help you call authorities in each and every town here for official confirmation on that town's particularordinance on OC,but I'd rather do something more enjoyable.

Like eat broken glass out of a dirty ash tray.

BTW: I can see Missouri represented in the above concealed carry photo. Only 3 bullets? Missouri ranks up there with the best of them sinceall state's permits arerecognized here(resident or non-resident), there are no laws against vehicle carry (anyone may carry in any manner inside of a vehicle) and our permit is the #1 most recognized (36 states,I believe). We are also "shall issue" and the only place you can't legally carry are federal buildings,airports, schools, hospitals, and venues with over 5000 seats. (NoCardinal games). You can carry in churches and bars where51% or moreof sales are from alcohol, but you have to have the pastor's or bar owner's permission. (Even though many will say it's illegal, there is a legal way. Just get permission.)

Gun ban signage here has no legal weight. All a posted business is allowed to do is ask you to leave if you ignore it. You can only be arrested for trespassing (no firearms charges) if you refuse.

utahlegalheat.com

imported post

Superlite27 wrote:
I'd help you call authorities in each and every town here for official confirmation on that town's particular ordinance on OC, but I'd rather do something more enjoyable.

Like eat broken glass out of a dirty ash tray.

I know the feeling. I've obviously looked at the state summaries available here, but I've learned that no matter how good the summary, these forums have better insight. I'll make a call to the AG and see how that goes this afternoon.
Thanks!

kurtmax_0

imported post

The Oc.org page on Alabama is accurate.

Your luck with not getting harassed is going to be random though. I used to OC often in Auburn/Opelika without any problems, but others have reported problems.