Thread: California open carry laws

Post imported post

Everyone,
    Background: My name is Phil and I am the developer of an Iphone/Ipod touch application called "Legal Heat: 50 State Guide to Firearm Laws". I'm an NRA firearms instructor/concealed carry instructor and I released this app to help not only the general public to know and abide by the varying laws from state to state, but also as a reference to ourselves as we travel around for our classes. Thus far it has been a great success and thousands of people are using it every day (even though it's not nearly as good as it soon will be).

Help: As of yet the app only contains concealed carry laws for each state, reciprocity/reverse reciprocity maps, and transport law summaries. At the request of many people we are currently in the process of updating it with open carry laws, that's where I would love your help. To expedite the process and help me be as accurate as possible I would be extremely grateful for anyone who could summarize (or simply provide me statutory references) for any pertinent open carry laws you feel should be included in the app or that I should be aware of. It is an extremely difficult and error prone task to be undertaken alone, so that is why I am seeking your help. This is not meant to advertise the app, but simply to recruit any help that I can through this forum, I appreciate any info you feel willing to share.
    Thank you

Post imported post

To be completely honest, the easiest and quickest thing you can do for info is to go here: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum12/36464.html
    When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

Post imported post

Wow, solves my problem. Thank you, not sure how I overlooked that the first time.

Post imported post

utahlegalheat.com wrote:
    Wow, solves my problem. Thank you, not sure how I overlooked that the first time.
    Unlike many other states, California is...ummm....complicated.

Unfortunately, we've had problems lately with people not quite getting it right, or getting info 3rd-hand and ending up in cuffs or worse. Please consider posting something here for peer review before incorporating it into your app.

Post imported post

Great idea, that is the plan for all states prior to uploading it to the app. Thank you for your help.