• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man Arrested After Weapons, Map of U.S. Military Facility Seized From N.J. Motel Room

flintlock tom

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
HankT wrote:
Actually, CV, when a state "bans" an object, i.e. a .50 cal. gun, they just make it illegal to buy, sell, or own.

But a person can still illegally obtain such a gun within the state, or get one from another state--then simply go into the state that "bans" the item.

After a state "bans" an object it does NOT stop every person coming into the state to check their belongings for possession of the "banned" object.

So a person, very easily in some cases, can still bring a "banned" object into a state where it is illegal. In the instant case, Woodson probably just drove up Virginia.

Not a big feat, really.

Why thank you for the explanation, Professor Hank, I guess no one could've figure that out. Maybe you should go teach that to the antis who tell us these bans make us safer.

Or, here's an idea, why doesn't NJ close its borders and require a passport to enter, and search every person and vehicle that crosses the state line. After all, you want the ban to be effective, doncha? It's just a little bit of liberty, ya know, you're still free to travel, you just have to wait a few minutes for thenice man to make sure you didn't smuggle any of those evil guns from that awful place Virginia.
Come on guys, even I recognize tongue-in-cheek when I see it.
He was pointing out the stupidity of trying to eliminate the illegal use of a weapon by banning it's possession.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
HankT wrote:
ComradeV wrote:
Sounds like he had some higher end weapons, with expensive ammunition requirements.

But wait, didn't NJ ban .50 calibre weapons in their state, how did he manage to get one in???

Actually, CV, when a state "bans" an object, i.e. a .50 cal. gun, they just make it illegal to buy, sell, or own.

But a person can still illegally obtain such a gun within the state, or get one from another state--then simply go into the state that "bans" the item.

After a state "bans" an object it does NOT stop every person coming into the state to check their belongings for possession of the "banned" object.

So a person, very easily in some cases, can still bring a "banned" object into a state where it is illegal. In the instant case, Woodson probably just drove up Virginia.

Not a big feat, really.
Uh, Hank.... I really think Comrade was being, you know, sarcastic....
It behooves ...to indicate sarcasm when such is intended.

Yata hey

Alexcabbie

imported post

HankT wrote:
Alexcabbie wrote:
HankT wrote:
ComradeV wrote:
Sounds like he had some higher end weapons, with expensive ammunition requirements.

But wait, didn't NJ ban .50 calibre weapons in their state, how did he manage to get one in???

Not a big feat, really.
Uh, Hank.... I really think Comrade was being, you know, sarcastic....
It behooves ...to indicate sarcasm when such is intended.

Yata hey

Well excuuuuuuuuussssssse me, Hankie ol pal. I had assumed, given your superior intelligence, that you were wise enough to recognize sarcasm when you see it. Sometimes such an indication might be needed, but to not recognize Comrade's comment as sarcasm without an overt cue would be to assume he was stupid.

Well, you know the saying about "ass - u - me".

Hey yata yata swing. :dude:

Evil Ernie

imported post

okboomer wrote:
Evil, nope, they got him before he did anything else stupid :banghead:

The defaced serial numbers is the one thing that I see as a real stumbling block for his lawyer ... stoopid, stoopid, stoopid :cuss:

SO says he remembers the 37mm as a flare launcher (USMC ca 1979-1981) from his Med Cruises. one_of_several_mfgsfound through http://www.37mm.com

sitting in NW Oklahoma waiting for the blizzard to hit ...
Point taken, you are correct sir.

KBCraig

imported post

HankT wrote:
ComradeV wrote:
Somerset County Prosecutor Wayne Forrest said Lloyd R. Woodson, 43, of Reston, Va., also had maps of a U.S. military facility and a town in another state....
Rut-roh. I have maps (military-grade maps!) of several U.S. military facilities, both CONUS and overseas. I have guns and ammo. I even have cameras and telephoto lenses.

:shock::shock::shock:

Am I off the hook because those maps were issued to me by the military facilities they portray?

If not, I better burn 'em quick. It's a good thing I can't download and print satellite views that are far more current....

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

WCrawford wrote:
AP is reporting that he had a grenade launcher, Fox News is reporting that their producers recieved a phone call from Federal officials stating that he did not have a grenade launcher, but a flare launcher. FNC is still trying to confirm at this time.
A Grenade Launcher IS a Flare Launcher. The only difference is if you have a Grenade or a Flare in it....

37mm.com

You can call it by whatever name gives you the most gun-hating sensationalism...

45acpForMe

imported post

KBCraig wrote:
Rut-roh. I have maps (military-grade maps!) of several U.S. military facilities, both CONUS and overseas. I have guns and ammo. I even have cameras and telephoto lenses.

Just stay where you are. There should be a knock on your door right about.....

Now!

Tomahawk

imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
KBCraig wrote:

Just stay where you are. There should be a knock on your door right about.....

Now!

Here they are!

StormtrooperCorps_anh1080p.jpg

Alexcabbie

imported post

KBCraig wrote:
HankT wrote:
ComradeV wrote:
Somerset County Prosecutor Wayne Forrest said Lloyd R. Woodson, 43, of Reston, Va., also had maps of a U.S. military facility and a town in another state....

Am I off the hook because those maps were issued to me by the military facilities they portray?

If not, I better burn 'em quick. It's a good thing I can't download and print satellite views that are far more current....

"Rut-Roh" as in Astro (Jetsons) or as in Scooby Doo (Scooby Doo). ?

Please hurry and reply as I am so generationally confused I might need to get a therapist, and if i do, there go my 2A rights.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
Here they are! SNIP [ stormtrooper pic]
Typical Squad Leader. He can't even get his greaves on straight.
Fortunately THAT 'armor' is made to explode when it comes in contact with anything it was meant to protect it's wearer from. A single round would take out the whole lot.

Alexcabbie

imported post

ixtow wrote:
Citizen wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
Fortunately THAT 'armor' is made to explode when it comes in contact with anything it was meant to protect it's wearer from. A single round would take out the whole lot.
OMG Ix! You mean it is Democratic Retard Armor??:lol:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
ixtow wrote:
Citizen wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
OMG Ix! You mean it is Democratic Retard Armor??:lol:
'Retard Armor' presumes it was out of incompetence. But it is quite deliberate and known.

I mean it was purposely designed by Democrats to do that.

Like everything else they do, the whole plan is to have it do the opposite of it's name and advertising; doing as much damage to absolutely everything they can in the name of saving us from it. Thus, requiring more of their 'help' when it all goes horribly wrong, exactly as planned.

Besides, I would NEVER insult a Retarded Person by using that word in the same sentence with "Democrat," or any of it's derivatives.