• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Live video on AWB Legislation hearing

ak56

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Tawnos wrote:
ak56 wrote:
Ajetpilot wrote:
Simply incredible that they didn't let Dave Workman speak!

If you were Kline, and were only going to allow one more person to speak against your bill, who would you choose? Dave Workman, or Merton Cooper?

There is no way that Kline was going to let Dave speak.
Fortunately, Cooper held his own. I laughed a couple times at the simple-but-correct insights he had.
I agree, Cooper did fine.

Window_Seat

imported post

So far, after talking with everyone on the committee (their staff members), I have a tentative 3 yea's, and 5 nay's on this bill. It hasn't been voted on yet, but when it does, this is what I'm expecting.

2 (D)s and 3 (R)s are voting nay. A simple majority is needed to pass it, and it won't pass according to the staff members of the 5 I spoke with.

Erik.

Ajetpilot

imported post

ak56 wrote:
Tawnos wrote:
ak56 wrote:
Ajetpilot wrote:
Simply incredible that they didn't let Dave Workman speak!

If you were Kline, and were only going to allow one more person to speak against your bill, who would you choose? Dave Workman, or Merton Cooper?

There is no way that Kline was going to let Dave speak.
Fortunately, Cooper held his own. I laughed a couple times at the simple-but-correct insights he had.
I agree, Cooper did fine.
I agree as well. He did a better job than I would have done, no doubt. However, I think the responsible thing for Kline to have done would be to allow one of the leading spokesmen for 2A rights to testify.

seattleric007

Banned
imported post

One of the security people at the building told me you could watch it on the internet later or whenever. I was there but the over fill room was packed so I went over to outside the senate chambers and watched it with some WSP officers.

phoneguy

imported post

If Klein knew Dave Workman why did he ask if he was a photographer?

erps

imported post

I was there but the over fill room was packed so I went over to outside the senate chambers and watched it with some WSP officers.
did the troopers express any opinions?

mclaren3435

imported post

I think that everyone there seems to be missing the point, one of the reasons our founding fathers put in the second amendment is so that we can protect ourselves from our government, what happens when this feel good law passes and sets the way for further restrictive laws to pass to the poind that we are only allowed to have .22 cal single shot pistols? what happens when we are all but disarmed and the lawmakers decide that we pay 75% income tax or we go to jail or some other obsurd law that makes us government slaves?

Any thoughts would be appriciated.