• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Handing over a handgun

katiebabe3

imported post

Hi im just wondering if there is a certain outline thatI can follow to writeup an agreementwhen handing a handgun over to someone else, so that person has all rights to whatever may happen to the gun.Thanks

katiebabe3

imported post

okay well no worries there.. :) Thank you I just want to make sure im doing this all right

Dahwg

imported post

We don't have any form of registration in AZ. Just give 'em the gun. If it makes you feel better, see an FFL, otherwise you don't need to do any of that.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I recently sold an AR-15 to someone who wanted all my 'information' and such a bill of sale.

I made it a point to explain what a kook he was, and that I'm not participating in any Liberal Gun Registration crap. I told him if he wants to buy it, he'll have to conduct himself like a civilized, rational person; I'm not giving him any of that 'information.'

He decided not to be a Communist and that was that.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

katiebabe3 wrote:
Hi im just wondering if there is a certain outline thatI can follow to writeup an agreementwhen handing a handgun over to someone else, so that person has all rights to whatever may happen to the gun.
Except in only a couple states which do not have private sales but allow some non-FFL transfers (e.g., IL & MA), a bill of sale is not needed - just shake and exchange the gun for cash.

Private transfers are an important strategic structural mechanism to ensure that gun registration thru ATF Form 4473 cannot be fully accomplished - most guns are transferred privately at least one time in their life - I reccommend that sellers do not keep records of the transfers unless required by state law for this reason.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

NavyLT wrote:
ixtow wrote:
I recently sold an AR-15 to someone who wanted all my 'information' and such a bill of sale.

I made it a point to explain what a kook he was, and that I'm not participating in any Liberal Gun Registration crap. I told him if he wants to buy it, he'll have to conduct himself like a civilized, rational person; I'm not giving him any of that 'information.'

He decided not to be a Communist and that was that.
Let me get this straight... the BUYER wanted all of the SELLER'S information?!?! :what:

Definitely no deal on that one!
Yes, it was extremely assclown.

The guy had a CCW, and kept bringing it up...

:banghead: