Thread: Robbery in Ghent in a "relatively good part of Norfolk"

Post imported post

http://www.wtkr.com/news/wtkr-bakers...,6996353.story

Taylor Denson had just picked up her dinner at Baker's Crust on 21st Street in Ghent when she found out that police were investigating a violent robbery.

"It's scary to think that anywhere you go you could be harmed," *1 Denson said.

Police say a Baker's Crust employee was robbed just after the restaurant closed for business last Thursday.

Norfolk police say the restaurant employee was bringing deliveries in and out of the back door when a man approached him holding a handgun. Police say that man forced the employee back into the restaurant and was followed by two other men. They say one of them hit the employee over the head, then they tied him up with duct tape. Police say that's when they stole his wallet and the restaurant safe.

"This is like a relatively good part of Norfolk, too. It's Ghent. I wouldn't expect anyone to get robbed out here," *2 Denson said.

Police say the employee was treated for minor injuries, but is fine.

But customers like Taylor say they are going to be more careful.

"Park closer to the front door, make sure I stay in lit areas, or that there is people around, just things like that to protect yourself," *3 she said.

Norfolk police say they are looking for three suspects in connection with this robbery. If you have any information that can help them tonight, call the Crime Line at 1-888-lock-u-up.

1. DUH!
    2. Really? Ghent has a good part? I must have been visiting the "not-so-good" part the last 7 years!
    3. Really? It sounds as if she has been to one of the "Protect yourself" seminars that the local LEA offer.

Post imported post

lol
    Problem with this area is that the "nice" parts are next to not so "nice" parts. There was a murder less than a mile away from the place last Monday or Tuesday.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Post imported post

There is a good part of Norfolk
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."

Post imported post

Wolf_shadow wrote:
    Been here 3 years - Still haven't found it.:?
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Post imported post

t33j wrote:
    Wolf_shadow wrote:
    ROLF... You country boys should go to a REAL city...

Post imported post

DocDaddy wrote:
    Taylor Denson had just picked up her dinner at Baker's Crust on 21st Street in Ghent when she found out that police were investigating a violent robbery.

Well, it's probably taken out of context...but it still may be an accurate reflection of the naiveté of some (most?) of this country's citizenry. That is, until they personally get bopped on the head by some cretin with a gun.

Hmm, why didn't the reporter get a quote from the injured employee? I would like to know what he had to say...

Post imported post

GQflyboy wrote:
    t33j wrote:
    Wolf_shadow wrote:
    I'm only here because I have to be for school. I'd much prefer somewhere closer to the mountains.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Lone Star Veteran

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    DocDaddy wrote:

Well, it's probably taken out of context...but it still may be an accurate reflection of the naiveté of some (most?) of this country's citizenry. That is, until they personally get bopped on the head by some cretin with a gun.

Hmm, why didn't the reporter get a quote from the injured employee? I would like to know what he had to say...
    I actually know this girl.... Friend of my brother. The comment doesn't surprise me in the least. LIberal's can be very naive.

Post imported post

Welcome to the real world missy
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

t33j wrote:
    Wolf_shadow wrote:
    Open your front door, and step outside.

You have just left the good part of Norfolk.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    DocDaddy wrote:

OUCH!!! That F-in hurt!LOL!

Post imported post

GQflyboy wrote:
    t33j wrote:
    Wolf_shadow wrote:
    Grew up 3 blocks from DC line. Been there done that I'll stay on the Shore!:celebrate
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

The thing that people like Denson don't get, is that the "good parts of town" are where the better stuff to steal is. And more of it.

Post imported post

DocDaddy wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    DocDaddy wrote:

OUCH!!! That F-in hurt!LOL!
    I'm sure he would say that.

But, I wonder if he would have alsosaid something like: "I thought he was gonna kill me. I felt totally helpless. I'm going to get a gun to protect myself in the future..."

Something like that.

No matter what, although quite usual, the story glaringly omits a quote from the principal subject. That passes for journalism nowadays....