• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any experience with Front Sight?

Pace

imported post

As I mentioned, I would do ones own research on the matter. If you felt that I was implying the guy was a scam artist, I was not, I was asking for people to do their own research. I want to apologize if anyone felt I was making a judgment here on Mr. Piazza. Many people love him, and some people say he is a fraud. I have no idea which one it is.

That being said, he is running a business, lets not forget -- and his business is selling memberships. He wants to get you in there, then do a sales seminar on why you should join and spend upwards of $250,000 to be a member. These are the same tactics used in almost any up-sell. You are there, you had a great time, your adrenaline is rushing and they tell you that if you "act right now" then you can be a member, be part of the club, have friends...

Is Mr. Piazza a fire-arms expert? Probably not. However, he is a very smart business person, who realized that he could make a business on this and has hired some really good Grade A++ firearms instructors. I have a lot of respect for that, as that is the American Tradition.

Is his business in bankruptcy? It seems so. Does that make him a bad guy? No. Many, many Americans and businesses go into bankruptcy unfortunately, especially in this economy.

Again, my apologies if you felt that I was claiming that he was a fraud, which I was not. I was asking people to do their own research, talk to people. I do recommend again, that no one ever makes a decision about a high-paid membership to anything without discussing with family, waiting a few days. I don't care if its FrontSight or the Disney Book Club.

Dreamer wrote:
I' was greatly dismayed to find out about the Scientology link with front Sight's owner, but even MORE disturbed by the fact that he's running a pretty dicey business model and has been sued for fraud and breach of contract by investors in the recent past...

And even WITH all these dubious dealings, he still is a major sponsor for MAY gun-rights organizations, like NCGR here in NC, the JPFO, and even the Alex Jones radio show. You'd think that people in the gun rights movement, and anti-NWO folks like Jones would want to distance themselves from a fraudster and cultist like Mr. Piazza.

I'm not sure what to think, but I CAN say that his progressively increasing fee structure, advertising style, and shameless celebrity name-dropping DOES seem to be rather Hubbard-esque.

They are not getting my money, that's for sure. I won't even see a Tom Cruise movie in the theater because I can't stand the idea of putting money in the pockets of that particular cult. And even if they WERE legit, I can't justify flying to Nevada several times a year for "training".

I just hope this thread doesn't get OCDO put on some kind of "Scientology Hit Squad" list.

We're already on ENOUGH lists... :shock: