• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Listen to how messed up the government is!!!!

d_hillman00

imported post

I just can't understand how the government can be so stupid.

Myself recieved a CPL January 7, 2010, so that must mean I have followed the law and I have. I have only a speeding ticket and no motorcycle endorsement license ticket. People may agree or disagree with those being no big deal. But the point i am making is I must be a law abiding citizen (not a perfect one, cause no one is perfect), I got a CPL, that should explain it right there. Now the other part of the story is my roommate, same age, broke into a party store after hours and stoled some merchandise this past summer. He just went to sentencing this afternoon. He has a past criminal record with m.i.p., possession of majuauana, a stabbing (not really sure what happened), he has been in jail multiple times, he has had no drivers license for some time and has been on probation multiple times. He just got home from sentencing and all he got was two years probation and a fine. The security camera caught him in the act because his last name was tattooed on his back really big and he pulled his shirt up to cover his face so the camera caught a view of his back, he was caught red handed. So the point i guess i'm getting at is that the government can give us a gun license and then we open carry and have the police attack us about the whole open carry thing. We can even get thrown in jail depending on how stupid the government is. And he is a young man caught red handed and he gets to walk free....If i went to rob a place of business....i would be in jail immediately because i have a perfect record and I should have known betterthat robbing is wrong, would be the attitude the Government would have towards me. This government is screwed up. Granted I like my roommate but If you cant follow the law you should be punished equally. Im sorry, I really just needed to vent.

THway

imported post

d_hillman00 wrote:
I just can't understand how the government can be so stupid.

Myself recieved a CPL January 7, 2010, so that must mean I have followed the law and I have. I have only a speeding ticket and no motorcycle endorsement license ticket. People may agree or disagree with those being no big deal. But the point i am making is I must be a law abiding citizen (not a perfect one, cause no one is perfect), I got a CPL, that should explain it right there. Now the other part of the story is my roommate, same age, broke into a party store after hours and stoled some merchandise this past summer. He just went to sentencing this afternoon. He has a past criminal record with m.i.p., possession of majuauana, a stabbing (not really sure what happened), he has been in jail multiple times, he has had no drivers license for some time and has been on probation multiple times. He just got home from sentencing and all he got was two years probation and a fine. The security camera caught him in the act because his last name was tattooed on his back really big and he pulled his shirt up to cover his face so the camera caught a view of his back, he was caught red handed. So the point i guess i'm getting at is that the government can give us a gun license and then we open carry and have the police attack us about the whole open carry thing. We can even get thrown in jail depending on how stupid the government is. And he is a young man caught red handed and he gets to walk free....If i went to rob a place of business....i would be in jail immediately because i have a perfect record and I should have known betterthat robbing is wrong, would be the attitude the Government would have towards me. This government is screwed up. Granted I like my roommate but If you cant follow the law you should be punished equally. Im sorry, I really just needed to vent.
I didnt know they let inmates get CPLs... what prison are you at so i can send you a card... j/k

Your roommate sounds a lot like Creams old neighbor...

Phoenix David

imported post

Why are you living with that person? You are just asking to get tied up with some of his troubles. Since you said he is on probation he could be breaking his probation by living with you since when on probation generally you are not supposed to be around firearms and booze.

But this guy sounds like a looser and unless you want to get pulled down with him I suggest you make a change to the living setup.

d_hillman00

imported post

I am not really sure you what is meant by I will get be involved in his troubles. I don't talk with him unless I need to and I don't support his behavior one bit, I have been around people that are bad my entire life and I have dealt with it, I hate "bad" and will never be friends with it. I hope to be a cop one day to help take care of the bad. Wanting to be a cop my entire life helps me stay on the good side.

d_hillman00

imported post

Yeah it was so funny, cause the detective showed up at the house in the fall sometime after the robbery and told my roommate we caught you and we have evidence, my roommate asked to see it because he didnt believe the detective had anything on him cause he had covered his face with his shirt but being drunk and robbing a place with your last name on your back just doesnt mix. The detective pull out still images from the security cams and there was my roommate with his last name tattoo showing...My roommate was so dumb he was talking to the dectective in the housewith his shirt off, so the dectective had his proof in his hand....lol...I could barely hold in the laughter as all this went down....So dont get drunk and rob a store with your name tatttoo on you....lol

Phoenix David

imported post

Not that you personally will start doing bad things, but by him living in the same residence you will get caught up in things. Like for example lets say he starts doing drugs and the house gets raided or he pisses off the wrong people.

d_hillman00

imported post

I understand those are the risks of living here, I dont have any where else to go right now, I have been unemployed since August 2009, so i am stuck right now. And also that glock 22 will be my friend if anyone from the wrong crowd comes around....lol

jeremy05

imported post

if you have a clean record and commit armed robbery in Wayne County, you will probably get some probation time. The county jails are so full, that when i did my intern in EDIT CITY The judge told me specifically not to recommend jail time cause the jails are full, just double up on fines and community service!!

Edit: I did pre-sentence interviews.