• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Heavy opposition to Kline's AWB; Bellevue police chief plays politics

brianstone1985

imported post

This video makes me sick... just hearing Kline speak makes me more and more aware of the "gun hysteria" flooding our states capital.

The mother of the victim said her son was killed by an assault weapon type gun. When asked does she know the model of the gun that was used in the slaying of her son...her response was " No at this point we do not know the model of the gun used".

I have an issue with knifes. There are many assaults and or deaths each year with knifes. In fact any child or youth could have a knife or have access to knifes. I would like to see all knifes registered and see the local Sheriff or law enforcement be able to go into homes and inspect the knifes available to teens/youths.

As stated by the mother of the victim... we all know that youths are impulsive.

Is there a I'm moving back to Alaska Emoticon?

44Brent

imported post

If Chief Pillo was there to testify strictly on her own behalf, essentially as a private citizen,” Gottlieb observed, “it seems rather odd that she would appear in full uniform, complete with her duty belt and sidearm.

Suggested correction:

it seems rather odd that she would appear in full uniform, complete with her duty belt and"assault pistol".

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

44Brent wrote:
If Chief Pillo was there to testify strictly on her own behalf, essentially as a private citizen,” Gottlieb observed, “it seems rather odd that she would appear in full uniform, complete with her duty belt and sidearm.

Suggested correction:

it seems rather odd that she would appear in full uniform, complete with her duty belt and"assault pistol".
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9A.80.010

Sounds like these bastards bought themselves bus tickets straight to jail. At least in a world where the law is actually enforced.

DaemonForce

imported post

brianstone1985 wrote:
This video makes me sick... just hearing Kline speak makes me more and more aware of the "gun hysteria" flooding our states capital.
I had no idea about the general opinion of Washington State untiltoday's hearing. To me it's a bit of a shock but there's no real surprise. I draw my conclusions from personal experience and my gut. People need to put more faith in themselves or give up completely.

brianstone1985 wrote:
I have an issue with knifes. There are many assaults and or deaths each year with knifes. In fact any child or youth could have a knife or have access to knifes.

This is true. It pains me to read of such tragedies in the paper that bring such an incredible device to shame. Usually in the hands of immature punks that don't know what they're doing. You have the classic folder, side-open automatic, out the front, fixed blade, spring assisted, throwables, down to the every day kitchen knife. I also have an issue with knives and it's the simple fact that there's too much garbage in circulation. Cut the crap and we'll have better control over what's in our hands. They realized this when the chamberof a gun blows all to hell, they should realize this with knives that bust before they can be used. Quality is safety. Training is safety. Arrogance is death.

I have a cheap knifethat holds an edge better than most pocket knives but it's still "utter crap" from the big picture. I tend to cut myself with it quite often but I look at it as a trainer.I try not to carrythis on medue to legal issuesand I find it stupid there's such aproblem with it here and not in Oregon State. Then again it's weird in Oregon that concealed carry is illegal while open carry is perfectly fine. 98% of the time I trust my ability to control a situation without the use of a weapon but that other 2% is late at night and the early morning when I'm going to and from my vehicle. I couldn't possibly know where to begin with such a stupid failure of "security" but I know I don't need an automatic weapon. Ineed an automatic man.

I don't know why but growing up here seems to be an immediate trigger for attracting trouble. Plenty of idiots have attempted to rob me but so far not one of them has ever expected me to stand my ground and as a result none of them have had success with me. The last one was weird because it was two people in the dark. One was drunk and wanted to fight, the other was hiding his front and encouraging the other guy to hurry. Maybe I should own a handgun since odds are that I'm overdue for being confronted with a weapon. But I know I'll never be anywhere near as proficient withit than my cheap blade. I also like the option ofdefending with it closed.

Iron_Colonel

imported post

That was a good article. I'm glad it looks like this is gonna fizzle away. I will rest easy tonight and not stress over something like this. It must be impossible for the people that propose such monstrositis bull-F-ery to understand that gun control won't stop gun violence. It is doing nothing more than taking them away from the honest law abiding citizens who enjoy owning/shooting them at their own leisure whether it is for hunting, target shooting or competitions. Gun control won't stop gun crimes. But idiot control will.

I like the quote that the Bellevue chief showed up in her uniform and "assault pistol" hahah. Well played!