• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

North Carolina Flyer

CarryOpen

imported post

Ruger et. al. - can someone give me the statute that allows Durham county to require registration? I haven't been able to find it.

Rugerp345

CarryOpen

imported post

Yeah, I also saw that article. No doubt they are registering them, but I wonder if it's actually legal. Another item in the AG's paperwork that I distrust is all. Plus I'd like to know because I was thinking of moving out that way - this would be a big influence in my decision.

chiefjason

imported post

Fantastic! Thanks for doing the grunt work on this. I have kicked the idea around a bit, but never got that motivated.

I googled the Durham registration and got nothing solid. Not even on Municode.

Carryopen, Durham sucks for gun owners. I would not move there. Find something outside of it and you should be fine. A lot of the major headaches I have read about while OC'ing where in Durham. And a few CC problems as well.

CarryOpen

imported post

Municode is where the Durham site points to. I checked all of the ordinances and I couldn't find anything about registration. The AG doc says it's a local code... hmm.

It seems that you're right, however, about the county being "anti". If I read their weapons of mass death and destruction code correctly an AR-15 is illegal in the county. As is a Glock if you have one of those 30 round magazines for it and that Benelli M1 you've always wanted? Also falls under this code:

Sec. 17-71. Prohibited; definition. Except as otherwise provided in this division, it is unlawful for any person to manufacture, assemble, possess, store, transport, sell, offer to sell, purchase, offer to purchase, deliver or give to another, or acquire any weapon of mass death and destruction. For purposes of this division, the term "weapon of mass death and destruction" means a semiautomatic firearm which is designed or specially adapted to fire a cartridge and automatically chamber a succeeding cartridge, ready to fire, with a single function of the trigger and:

(1) Is a semiautomatic action centerfire rifle or carbine which was originally designed and intended to be sold with a detachable magazine with a capacity of more than 21 rounds;

(2) Is a semiautomatic shotgun with a magazine capacity of more than six rounds;

(3) Is a semiautomatic handgun that is: a. A modification of a firearm described in this section; b. Part or combination of parts either designed or intended for use in converting any device into any weapon described above and from which such a weapon may readily be assembled if in the possession or control of the same individual; c. Originally designed to accept a detachable magazine with a capacity of more than 21 rounds; d. Possessed while a detachable magazine with a capacity of more than 21 rounds, usable with such handgun, is attached or directly accessible; or

(4) A firearm described elsewhere in this division which has temporarily been made to function in a non-semiautomatic fashion but which can be restored to function as an operable semiautomatic firearm.

Dreamer

imported post

Ruger345,

Thanks for putting this together!

I've been meaning to do one myself for NC, but I've been pretty busy with grad school. I'm a graphic designer by trade, and have all the design software on my computer (and over 20 years experience), but I just haven't had the free time to do a brochure...

Thanks for putting this brochure together. It's concise, clear, and easy to understand. Well done!

I'll be printing a few out for my own use...

Rugerp345

imported post

I found a typo under "what states honor my permit?" there's a state abbreviation there "OH (ohio), OK (oklahoma), ON (wtf?)..." I have no clue what state is "ON", I'll have to go look and see.

glock30

imported post

I hate to do this but amendment in the graphic on the right side of NCpage2.pdf is misspelled. It has 2 M's in it.

I didn't look a lot deeper, I was getting ready for work. But thanks for all your work on this.

glock30

imported post

Rugerp345 wrote:
Thats the Latin spelling. LOL

OK I'll grant you that, but how many people know this verses the number of people that think we just can't spell.

Was there a particular point you were trying to make? Why not write the entire document in Latin.

It's your document and I appreciate the effort regardless of how you spell it.

glock30

imported post

I owe you an apology anyway, I was having a rough morning and then I took your LOL the wrong way. My apologies.

Lawmaker

imported post

I also received these cards from thompsongunner06. However there are some errors on it. Such as the Min age to OC is 21. If someone wants to design a card I will pay to have them printed.

2rqgaol.jpg

I am going to print out some fliers and bring them with me to the Jacksonville Meet.

jag06

imported post

Lawmaker wrote:
I also received these cards from thompsongunner06. However there are some errors on it. Such as the Min age to OC is 21. If someone wants to design a card I will pay to have them printed.

2rqgaol.jpg

I am going to print out some fliers and bring them with me to the Jacksonville Meet.

I could probably do that, had to make some business cards for a school project so I know how to make them. Just need a list of all the information everyone wants to be on it. I will make it in a word file and then anyone can download the file and print them out or take them somewhere to be printed.

jag06

imported post

I would have got this up sooner but I have had a busy 2 weeks with school and finally have some extra time. I put this together with information off the other card that were posted and on the flyer. Let me know if any of the information is wrong and I will correct it. The column on the left, the background picture is brighter than the background picture on the right column. I did that since I know different computers show it looking different and what might look to dark or bright for me may look good on another computer. Let me know which of the 2 looks better and I will make the change so both sides are the same. Also let me know if you rather have a different background or a plain background instead of a picture.

Edit: I have having some trouble getting the file to work, I will get it working soon as I can.

Edit 2: I think I have it working, let me know if anyone has problems downloading it.

CarryOpen

imported post

I liked the other background as well, I saw some of the cards at the last meet and thought they came out nice. I would like to suggest either darkening the text or the background slightly, because some of it is hard to see against the white and the light red portion distracts the eye a bit from the text. In print these may be non-issues.

Thanks for the hard work!