• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

North Carolina Flyer

Northerner

Using the 2/2010 version, I made my stack of trifold copies to keep in my car. Passed out several so far. Great informational and educational tool.:D

REDFIVE48

Thanks for the Google Docs setup so we have easy access. Would you mind putting up the updated flyer that Dreamer posted to Scribd. We have a few new states which have reciprocity, as well as the website change (Dreamer already did these changes).

Sorry, Scribd wants me to pay for access to download or print Dreamers updated pdf, so I can't get the updated doc to repost on Google Docs, maybe Dreamer can post to Google Docs or if you email it to me at redfive48@gmail.com I will post it

rotorhead

Many thanks to all that have taken their time to create this flyer, and to those that have improved it over time. I have printed out several and will hand them out as needed when out and about.

Although I encourage people to research in depth and often, this provides an excellent snapshot of NC laws regarding OC in general. Outstanding work! :)

sultan62

Under "Places Where Weapons Are Prohibited," why is the note on number 9 not also on numbers 7, 8, and 10? NCGS 14-415.11 deals with concealed carry only, unless I'm missing something.

farkles

Under "Places Where Weapons Are Prohibited," why is the note on number 9 not also on numbers 7, 8, and 10? NCGS 14-415.11 deals with concealed carry only, unless I'm missing something.

Good call, I guess this stems from our discussion on the other thread about OC vs CC and how we can't find any statutes that say OC is disallowed in several of those places?

sultan62

dukfan333

been lurking for a while, and just decided to register. GREAT thread here. can i suggest that when everyone does their meets, a "problem business" (a business that has causes problems for OCing) is decided on, and after dinner, everyone goes to the business to hand out these flyers. i've seen way too many posts on here about customers being the ones causing the issues, and i think if we (gun owners) took a proactive approach to it, we can not juse educate LEOs, but the public as well.

again, GREAT work on these flyers. i am printing them out and keeping a bunch in my truck, as well as one in my wallet.

Dreamer

Sometime this summer I will be putting together a website (for other, completely different reasons) and will dedicate a subdirectory of it to all the files I've accumulated pertaining to this issue--posters, cards, and state gun rights fliers.

When I started my "Scribd" archive, it was free. But they changed it to a "pay to download" site a few months ago, and that has kept a LOT of people away from it. I'm sorry about that, but I had no say in "Scribd" policy. Bastards...

And I refuse to participate in GoogleDocs, because Google is an NSA/CIA front, and I don't see any reason to make their job any easier by handing them this info on a silver platter.

So anyway, when I get my new archive set up--as a part of my personal website--I'll post the new URL.

In the meantime, thanks to all you other folks who are making this stuff available. IT's a great service. If anyone wants any of my other files, please let me know...

And hopefully, I will have to make a new, RADICALLY revised version of the NC Gun Rights Flyer very soon--when they pass the new "Restaurant Carry" law, Castle Doctrine, and some of the other great new Pro-2A Bills that are in the GA this session!

Ricky

Good deal dreamer...I was gonna print the current one but think I'll wait for the update
Sometime this summer I will be putting together a website (for other, completely different reasons) and will dedicate a subdirectory of it to all the files I've accumulated pertaining to this issue--posters, cards, and state gun rights fliers.

When I started my "Scribd" archive, it was free. But they changed it to a "pay to download" site a few months ago, and that has kept a LOT of people away from it. I'm sorry about that, but I had no say in "Scribd" policy. Bastards...

And I refuse to participate in GoogleDocs, because Google is an NSA/CIA front, and I don't see any reason to make their job any easier by handing them this info on a silver platter.

So anyway, when I get my new archive set up--as a part of my personal website--I'll post the new URL.

In the meantime, thanks to all you other folks who are making this stuff available. IT's a great service. If anyone wants any of my other files, please let me know...

And hopefully, I will have to make a new, RADICALLY revised version of the NC Gun Rights Flyer very soon--when they pass the new "Restaurant Carry" law, Castle Doctrine, and some of the other great new Pro-2A Bills that are in the GA this session!

G22shooter

Campaign Veteran
Made up 100 copies

Yesterday was my first OC experience and decided to kill two birds with one shot...

I stopped at the Charlotte University area Office Depot while OC and had the young lady print up 100 copies of the flyer.

After I get them folded, I will keep a big stack in the car.

Many thanks to everyone who contributed to putting the flyer together!!!

WTFOVER

If your worried about storing anything on Google, you probably just need to go ahead and quit playing on the internet as a whole. I'm not worried about the reports as most in America aren't worried about it. Everything is monitored anyways.

Coniferous

Good work digging those up. I read every one. There is certainly suspicion that Google works with the gov, Heck, that could be deduced by their contributions to the Obmama campaign alone... but remember Google's job is to crawl and organize the internet's information. I agree with WTFOVER that it's all part of business as usual on the internet.

edrolee

IMO Google if an embodiment of evil, i DO NOT think that they work with/for the US government but i do think they are trying to position themselves to be a part of a "WORLD GOVERNMENT"

a few years ago the internet company tried to get involved in the selling of energy

also they want you to buy cheep fast internet devices withOUT hard drives so that they can control, i mean store (yeah right), all your info for you in secure off site data banks that only "you" and Google has access too

also google has shown it's self to be so thoroughly left leaning that i just can't associate them as being in league with the CIA or NSA or any other para-military part of the US government, if someone suggested that google was in association with the USDOS maybe.............