• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

North Carolina Flyer

dmatting

How can I view the flyer, I don't see it or a link to it anywhere??? Sorry I'm new to this site and these forums

NVM, I found the link on the 3rd page to the flyer. Not really sure if its updated but it'll work anyways since I feel like so many ppl in my town are ignorant to open carry.

It is correct enough (for now at least) - the main problems being with the list of states that have CHP reciprocity with North Carolina.

hermannr

Ruger et. al. - can someone give me the statute that allows Durham county to require registration? I haven't been able to find it.

If you will not the reference where the Sheriff is complaining, the Sheriff states that it was the "GA" (General assembly, state law?) that left the requirement on Durham county.

IMHO: I would guess that in times past (1935? law; as that when they said the registration started) every firearm in NC had to be registered, and then at some subsiquent time, when the General Assembly removed that requirement, someone in Durham county specifically asked that the registration continue in their county...so...now, their present Sheriff is stuck with a lot of paperwork that is useless and expensive (for everyone) and he wants it gone.

So: Did the Sheriff get his wish yet?

Glock19fan

OC Flyer

I havent seen these flyers when I click on the links. I have done a fare amount of searching and just havent seen on. Alot of folks around the Coats-Erwin area are not aware that you can OC in NC. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
E.J.

ncwabbit

so the flyer apparently has not been updated?

who has access to the master to apply the appropriate changes from 1 December?

wabbit

Ps and apparently it is cranky as it won't print either...i am hoping due entirely due to operator error

Last edited:

REDFIVE48

Got a quick note from Dreamer, he plans to update the doc and send it on for public use, unfortunately some technical difficulties are currently plaguing him currently, but the hope is for a new file in the next couple weeks.

At that point, I think I'll start a new thread so I can edit the first post with the most recent doc always. This one is hard to use currently, and I haven't had any luck getting a hold of the original poster. Will then need to un-sticky this thread and sticky the new one.

JayT

Got a quick note from Dreamer, he plans to update the doc and send it on for public use, unfortunately some technical difficulties are currently plaguing him currently, but the hope is for a new file in the next couple weeks.

At that point, I think I'll start a new thread so I can edit the first post with the most recent doc always. This one is hard to use currently, and I haven't had any luck getting a hold of the original poster. Will then need to un-sticky this thread and sticky the new one.

Red/Dreamer, if either of you need technical assistance with this, I'd love to help!

dmatting

Thanks go out to Dreamer for creating and maintaining this flyer.

I would like to make a suggestion that this flyer transition into some type Open Source project where the revisions are tightly controlled but no single entity is in control of it. Doing so might allow for quicker editing when laws are changed and also make revisions easier to complete (in the case of inadvertent typographical errors and such) since it is not being controlled by a single entity.

JayT

Thanks go out to Dreamer for creating and maintaining this flyer.

x2!

I would like to make a suggestion that this flyer transition into some type Open Source project where the revisions are tightly controlled but no single entity is in control of it. Doing so might allow for quicker editing when laws are changed and also make revisions easier to complete (in the case of inadvertent typographical errors and such) since it is not being controlled by a single entity.

I love that idea too... What site/service are you thinking? Wish Sourceforge would work for this.... Is there a free site somewhere, that works like SharePoint, where we can check-in/check-out the docs and maintain revision control?

Last edited:

Dreamer

"Document Managment" systems are very good for MANAGING documents, but unfortunately, from a graphic design perspective, about as useful (and elegant) as a baseball bat in a glass blowing studio, at least from my experience...

I'll get on this update--I got my software re-installed after a COMPLETE loss of my HD (and all the software master disks I have were in storage 2 states away...). I should have an updated, revised and law-current version by the end of this week.

Sorry for the delay. I guess 6 years of non-stop service was just too much to ask for a laptop hard drive... :banghead:

JayT

Agreed, Dreamer... We were wondering if you'd like to make this a flyer a "community effort", where we could all chip in, and not put the burden completely on you... The Document Management system idea was just that, management.

Many thanks for creating this in the first place, and now re-creating it...

"Document Managment" systems are very good for MANAGING documents, but unfortunately, from a graphic design perspective, about as useful (and elegant) as a baseball bat in a glass blowing studio, at least from my experience...

I'll get on this update--I got my software re-installed after a COMPLETE loss of my HD (and all the software master disks I have were in storage 2 states away...). I should have an updated, revised and law-current version by the end of this week.

Sorry for the delay. I guess 6 years of non-stop service was just too much to ask for a laptop hard drive... :banghead:

The Airframer

Last edited:

drew9

I am new to OC and I live in VA but own a home in NC so I'm back and forth often. I will make every effort to go around Cary and their stupid ordinances. I may just print the flier out and keep it in the glove box for good measure.

It wouldn't hurt. I keep one on my most of the time just for good measure.