Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I smell something fishy at Wally World....

Post imported post

I was at a Wal Mart in Brownsville, TX off of Boca Chica road. I found a guy to open the ammo case and get what I needed. A lady was looking at the ammo when I walked up, so I asked the guy to serve her first. He took the ammo to the automotive counter so the lady and I could check out. NOW..lets look at the details. The lady I'm talking about is in her 60s. She has two pre-teen children with her. The guy behind the counter asks her for her ID..hes probably in his 40s. He takes her ID and starts pecking away entering data from her ID into the computer. She was too occupied with the kids and probably didn't even notice what he did. She takes the ammo and leaves. I step up to make my purchase. I'm a babyface at 29, but I'm wearing my camo hat and boots. The guy looks at me for .00013 of a second, bypasses the "over 21" on the register and takes my money. No request for ID. I'm wondering if they are entering peoples ID number if they think they won't be challenged. I was waiting for him to ask for my ID and was ready to ask what numbers he was putting in the computer, but didn't get the chance. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Post imported post

What caliber did each buy?

Post imported post

walmarts Corp policy is to database people who buy ammo. while not only paying for your own poverty at walmart, you're also being profiled and tracked.

walmart is a multinational corperation, they do not Want you having guns.

Post imported post

I have never been asked to produce ID when I buy ammo at my local Wall World. My main problems are lack of availability, Someone to open the ammo case and they will sell you only two boxes every 24 hours.

Post imported post

I, too, would like to know the type(s) of payment involved. That can make a HUGE difference. I worked at Walmart for 4 years.

And why did the cashier ring you up at the automotive counter? There's at least one plausable reason for doing that, but it is quite rare, at least in my experience.

Post imported post

NavyLT wrote:
    kyleplusitunes wrote:
    walmarts Corp policy is to database people who buy ammo. while not only paying for your own poverty at walmart, you're also being profiled and tracked.

B.S.

How did the cashier know the first lady was not in the "database" and had to enter her informationand the second customer was in the "database" without checking his ID?

Maybe it had to do with the method of payment the first lady used.
    Didn't you know that the store's security cameras are all tied into WalMart's massive underground supercomputer?

They obviously ran the facial recogntion software and knew her info wasn't in the system.

Post imported post

We both bought pistol ammo. I do not live there and have never been in that store. We both paid cash. The guy who opened the ammo case was wearing a button up and slacks, no Wal Mart ID. We paid at the automotive counter because there was not associate at the sporting goods counter. As for the super computer...HAHAHA. I don't believe in a Wal Mart conspiracy, but the whole thing just struck me as odd.

edit: As for paying at other counters...I have paid for ammo in the electronics dept. as well. Not an unheard of thing to pay at other counters.

Post imported post

botheyesonyou wrote:
    I was waiting for him to ask for my ID and was ready to ask what numbers he was putting in the computer, but didn't get the chance.
    Maybe he just forgot to ask.

Post imported post

I posted in the event that another member might have had a similar and/or awkward experience. If not, no big deal.

Post imported post

Decoligny wrote:
    LOL...that cat looks pissed!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

botheyesonyou wrote:
    We both bought pistol ammo. I do not live there and have never been in that store. We both paid cash. The guy who opened the ammo case was wearing a button up and slacks, no Wal Mart ID. We paid at the automotive counter because there was not associate at the sporting goods counter. As for the super computer...HAHAHA. I don't believe in a Wal Mart conspiracy, but the whole thing just struck me as odd.

edit: As for paying at other counters...I have paid for ammo in the electronics dept. as well. Not an unheard of thing to pay at other counters.
    Question: If there was no "associate" at the ammo counter then who opened the ammo case and with whom were you talking?

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

You guys are all wrong here. It's perfectly obvious that the cashier is into older women, thought this one was a "hotty" and was entering the info, so that he could later extract it fo his own personal use.

Damn! I'm getting really tired ofsplainin' things to y'all. :X

Post imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
    You guys are all wrong here. It's perfectly obvious that the cashier is into older women, thought this one was a "hotty" and was entering the info, so that he could later extract it fo his own personal use.

Damn! I'm getting really tired ofsplainin' things to y'all. :X
    Maybe we all should....you know....

Post imported post

Bullet Trap in Plano entered all my driver's license info into their computer. Why? I didn't even buy a gun from them. I just bought some gun lube! Due to rampant identity theft, I'm always wary when people want my personal information when it is unnecessary.

Though, I have been buying from Bullet Trap for years, I've stopped and am now frequenting DFW gun club and training center instead.

Post imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:

I buy ammo from the walmart where I live--and I have never been asked for ID and will never present it in order to buy ammo.

I also pay in cash--if at all possible--cash is always the way to go.

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar

Post imported post

NavyLT wrote:
    kyleplusitunes wrote:

B.S.

How did the cashier know the first lady was not in the "database" and had to enter her informationand the second customer was in the "database" without checking his ID?

Maybe it had to do with the method of payment the first lady used.
    I call BS too, and on the origional post. I've never been ID'd in my life for ammo at WM, and I've purchased thousands of round there.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Post imported post

I am under 30 as well and have purchased .45ACP a few times there and have never been carded.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Post imported post

Shawn wrote:
    Decoligny wrote:
    LOL...that cat looks pissed!
    Very PISSED in fact! *LOL* But while this is a humourous post, there was some truth in it. Wal Mart employees the most powerful computer system in the world as per corporate entities and businesses go. In fact they were the first to ever employee Terabyte drive systems and that was over 13 years ago! Don't under-estimate WM they are MASSIVE!
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

Post imported post

The day that I get ID'ed for procuring ammo is the day that I take my business elsewhere! If I procure a weapon or sidearm, that's one thing but to procure ammo, NO WAY!
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

Post imported post

When I worked there more than ten years ago, we didn't register anything. All we did was verify age with the card.
    Thats all they ever do now when I go there to this day.

Even so, I generally don't get carded, mainly because I know the guy behind the counter.

I'd take my money else where but damn, its really hard to beat their price and the fact that they HAVE it to begin with.

Post imported post

I guess I have to take bake my earlier post. I bought some ammo at WallyWorld about a month ago and this time they asked for ID. The girl behind the counter looked at my picture ID then looked at me and then rang up the transaction.

Post imported post

I can see it for verifying age but that's the ONLY reason I can see it. Once my CCDW comes in, that will be MY ID for them. LOL
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

Post imported post

Trust me, no one could mistake me for not being old enough. Not with the snow on my roof.

neuroblades wrote:
    I can see it for verifying age but that's the ONLY reason I can see it. Once my CCDW comes in, that will be MY ID for them. LOL

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Wally-World has entered into an agreement with Bloomberg to record all gun sales. Can't find any reference to ammunition sales though.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2008...tes_walma.html

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

I purchase ammo at several of my local walmarts and have NEVER been asked for id or had seen any info about me entered.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast