• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I smell something fishy at Wally World....

botheyesonyou

imported post

I was at a Wal Mart in Brownsville, TX off of Boca Chica road. I found a guy to open the ammo case and get what I needed. A lady was looking at the ammo when I walked up, so I asked the guy to serve her first. He took the ammo to the automotive counter so the lady and I could check out. NOW..lets look at the details. The lady I'm talking about is in her 60s. She has two pre-teen children with her. The guy behind the counter asks her for her ID..hes probably in his 40s. He takes her ID and starts pecking away entering data from her ID into the computer. She was too occupied with the kids and probably didn't even notice what he did. She takes the ammo and leaves. I step up to make my purchase. I'm a babyface at 29, but I'm wearing my camo hat and boots. The guy looks at me for .00013 of a second, bypasses the "over 21" on the register and takes my money. No request for ID. I'm wondering if they are entering peoples ID number if they think they won't be challenged. I was waiting for him to ask for my ID and was ready to ask what numbers he was putting in the computer, but didn't get the chance. Anyone else have a similar experience?

kyleplusitunes

imported post

walmarts Corp policy is to database people who buy ammo. while not only paying for your own poverty at walmart, you're also being profiled and tracked.

walmart is a multinational corperation, they do not Want you having guns.

CrossFire

imported post

I have never been asked to produce ID when I buy ammo at my local Wall World. My main problems are lack of availability, Someone to open the ammo case and they will sell you only two boxes every 24 hours.:cuss:

Flyer22

imported post

I, too, would like to know the type(s) of payment involved. That can make a HUGE difference. I worked at Walmart for 4 years.

And why did the cashier ring you up at the automotive counter? There's at least one plausable reason for doing that, but it is quite rare, at least in my experience.

Decoligny

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
kyleplusitunes wrote:
walmarts Corp policy is to database people who buy ammo. while not only paying for your own poverty at walmart, you're also being profiled and tracked.

B.S.

How did the cashier know the first lady was not in the "database" and had to enter her informationand the second customer was in the "database" without checking his ID?

Maybe it had to do with the method of payment the first lady used.
Didn't you know that the store's security cameras are all tied into WalMart's massive underground supercomputer?

They obviously ran the facial recogntion software and knew her info wasn't in the system.

TinfoilHat.jpg

botheyesonyou

imported post

We both bought pistol ammo. I do not live there and have never been in that store. We both paid cash. The guy who opened the ammo case was wearing a button up and slacks, no Wal Mart ID. We paid at the automotive counter because there was not associate at the sporting goods counter. As for the super computer...HAHAHA. I don't believe in a Wal Mart conspiracy, but the whole thing just struck me as odd.

edit: As for paying at other counters...I have paid for ammo in the electronics dept. as well. Not an unheard of thing to pay at other counters.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

botheyesonyou wrote:
I was waiting for him to ask for my ID and was ready to ask what numbers he was putting in the computer, but didn't get the chance.
Maybe he just forgot to ask.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

botheyesonyou wrote:
We both bought pistol ammo. I do not live there and have never been in that store. We both paid cash. The guy who opened the ammo case was wearing a button up and slacks, no Wal Mart ID. We paid at the automotive counter because there was not associate at the sporting goods counter. As for the super computer...HAHAHA. I don't believe in a Wal Mart conspiracy, but the whole thing just struck me as odd.

edit: As for paying at other counters...I have paid for ammo in the electronics dept. as well. Not an unheard of thing to pay at other counters.
Question: If there was no "associate" at the ammo counter then who opened the ammo case and with whom were you talking?

Yata hey

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

You guys are all wrong here. It's perfectly obvious that the cashier is into older women, thought this one was a "hotty" and was entering the info, so that he could later extract it fo his own personal use.

Damn! I'm getting really tired ofsplainin' things to y'all. :X

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
You guys are all wrong here. It's perfectly obvious that the cashier is into older women, thought this one was a "hotty" and was entering the info, so that he could later extract it fo his own personal use.

Damn! I'm getting really tired ofsplainin' things to y'all. :X

Maybe we all should....you know....

276706580_66241f4bfa.jpg

drjoker

imported post

Bullet Trap in Plano entered all my driver's license info into their computer. Why? I didn't even buy a gun from them. I just bought some gun lube! Due to rampant identity theft, I'm always wary when people want my personal information when it is unnecessary.

Though, I have been buying from Bullet Trap for years, I've stopped and am now frequenting DFW gun club and training center instead.

suntzu

imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:

I buy ammo from the walmart where I live--and I have never been asked for ID and will never present it in order to buy ammo.

I also pay in cash--if at all possible--cash is always the way to go.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

NavyLT wrote:
kyleplusitunes wrote:

B.S.

How did the cashier know the first lady was not in the "database" and had to enter her informationand the second customer was in the "database" without checking his ID?

Maybe it had to do with the method of payment the first lady used.
I call BS too, and on the origional post. I've never been ID'd in my life for ammo at WM, and I've purchased thousands of round there.

protias

imported post

I am under 30 as well and have purchased .45ACP a few times there and have never been carded.

neuroblades

imported post

Shawn wrote:
Decoligny wrote:
LOL...that cat looks pissed!
Very PISSED in fact! *LOL* But while this is a humourous post, there was some truth in it. Wal Mart employees the most powerful computer system in the world as per corporate entities and businesses go. In fact they were the first to ever employee Terabyte drive systems and that was over 13 years ago! Don't under-estimate WM they are MASSIVE!

neuroblades

imported post

The day that I get ID'ed for procuring ammo is the day that I take my business elsewhere! If I procure a weapon or sidearm, that's one thing but to procure ammo, NO WAY!

DasBulk

imported post

When I worked there more than ten years ago, we didn't register anything. All we did was verify age with the card.
Thats all they ever do now when I go there to this day.

Even so, I generally don't get carded, mainly because I know the guy behind the counter.

I'd take my money else where but damn, its really hard to beat their price and the fact that they HAVE it to begin with.