• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Well I bought a pistol today!

Crypto

imported post

I'm sure you guys are right about the speed loader. I'm still going to drive up there when they open this morning and ask for one. See what they say.

oldkim

imported post

Yes, Glock magazines are known for the stiffness to load the last 5-7 rounds. You need a "loader."

As for the grief on the price. Whatdid you pay for just the pistol? Ithink the price you gave included the box of ammo.

Glocks usually run about $510-$590 depending on the model and where you buy it.

Just to let you know - the sale may be final. Since Glock will send you a "loader" then you are all set.

As for the dirty barrel - every gun is test shot at the factory to ensure it has been "proofed." Meaning the barrel is good for the caliber. This is not a collector gun (meaning you are going to shoot it).

Your going to get it dirty anyways. Clean it and be happy.

Does it have scratches and dings? If it's just gunpowder residue - that's NORMAL.

Take a deep breath - be happy with your purchase and go shoot the heck out of it and get some more ammo! 1 box won't due.

skiingislife725

imported post

That loader is handy when the mags are new. I don't need it anymore but keep it around for new mags. And if you can press your thumb that's holding the mag down into the well, then you can pop the next round on top with the other hand and then maybe use both to finish getting it in. I would always forget the damn loader when the mags were new and just do it that way. But yah, at least get those guys to give you your loader. Or try...since you've left the store it'll take some convincing now.

Capn Camo

imported post

Theres a trick to installing those last few rounds, lay the 'next' round along the top one in the mag, press down (it cant go in at this point), slide forward, down, back, all in one smooth motion. This method pushes the entire stack down instead of trying to tip one round in. Two hands are needed to do this, I hold a finger either side of the next round to hold it straight, but cant show that in the picture because I wouldnt have a hand to hold the camera with.

Crypto

imported post

Well, just got back from "Marksman"... What a joke. They gave me a used speed loader. From one of the rental gun magazines. :banghead:

It has a scratch on it. :banghead:

Whatever, at least I got one. :celebrate

oldkim

imported post

I thought you called Glock? Are you still getting one shipped to you?

Ya, doesn't sound like you had a good experience buying the gun. There are many gun stores in the area - find one that you like for the next purchase.

Lessons learned - take your time and do some basic research on what you get and also to visually check the firearm out before you put your money down and sign on the dotted line.

Now go shoot it! Let the pass be the pass and have fun with your new toy.

G27

imported post

If you're still having trouble inserting the last few rounds in a new mag, just "slam" the mag down on a hard surface to resettle the rounds and spring. You might have to put a bit of pressure but leave them loaded for two weeks or so and your spring should be good to go. I love my Glock... never had an issue with it.

Glocked and Loaded

imported post

I had a problem loading the mags on my first Glock. But when I got my 21 I got all 13 into the mag and I can still push them down. That was pleasant. Maybe its because its the 4th Glock I got used to it or something. But Ya I haven't even touched my loader. It also should not be called a speed loader, It actually takes more time but it does make it easier on the fingers.

Also once you figure out the easiest way to load the bullets you can load your mag all day long. And the only time I see the loader any use at all is with the 33 round magazines, the last 10 or so rounds get very hard to push in.

Enjoy the Glock and have them send you a new loader. My 21 shoots very nice. I shot it without hearing protection 3 days ago because I had non and really wanted to shoot it, my ears are still ringing! DONT DO THAT! Even tho the .45 sounds quieter at the range but without the muffs on it really does have a crazy boom to it. By quieter I mean compared to 9mm or .40 because they have a sonic boom to it and the hearing protection doesn't silence that so well. The .45 usually wont go over the speed of sound and the ear muffs make it quieter but without them the noise it just crazy loud. I stopped at 4 shots it was just unbearable lol.

Crypto

imported post

Air Force Special Ops, Combat Controller.
I'm not going into the reasons, of why I joined the Airforce over other branches in this thread either. Not going into which job is better either. This kinda opens up a whole different conversation.

Stoked

imported post

Par for the course for that place. My agency qualifies there, but apart from that, they will never see a dime of my money. The customer service is bad, the range itself sucks, and the prevailing lousy attitudes from both employees and the usual crowd of "hangers-on" that loiter in there are enough to drive anyone out.

kenny31

imported post

Crypto wrote:
Air Force Special Ops, Combat Controller.
I'm not going into the reasons, of why I joined the Airforce over other branches in this thread either. Not going into which job is better either. This kinda opens up a whole different conversation.

What make and model was your .45? Interesting...

Crypto

imported post

It was a 1911, I think it was a colt. I'm pretty sure. The instructors told us that the military has switched to the m9's but they kept the 1911's around because they had a history of working better then the m9's. We had a choice. We could of carried a 1911 or the m9. There were a few other choices too. If you had your personal gun you could have carried that one too. As long as your team new what you had and all the rounds were interchangeable.

skiingislife725

imported post

Hmm...you'd think that you'd know the make of your secondary sidearm. Considering that it is your backup to your primary, I'd want to make sure that thing functioned in tip-top shape. I'd probably be pretty obsessed with it really. But to each his own.

fire suppressor

imported post

Glocks are fine guns, my first handgun was a Glock but I switched to Springfields. They fit my hand like a glove and my shot pattern when from a shot gun spread to real tight grouping! I trust my life to XD .40!

Hammer

imported post

You'll like your 21
I have a 20, and have been shooting the 10MM for years. Same frame. They take bigger hands, but are very controllable. you do have to get used to the safe action trigger. I have a laser sight, and spent a lot of time dry firing it at first getting the feel of the trigger.
No, you didn't make the best deal on the gun, but you got what you wanted. I came into this conversation late, but if you feel you need/want another loader, I'll give you one. I have a couple, and while they're better than nothing, only by a little. I use the UPLULA loader.
I shoot some comps, and your thumb would be kinda tired after jamming rounds in for 200 in a couple hours.
Shoot it all you can, and become proficient with it....
When the day comes you need it, there won't be time for practice!