• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Well I bought a pistol today!

Crypto

imported post

I bought a Glock 21 from the marksman on canyon road. I did notice when I got home the barrel is dirty on the inside. They said it was a new gun. The barrel, frame and slide and box all have the same serial number. Bought I'm not convinced. Its a 3rd generation with no night sights.

I walked out the door with a box of 50 bullets and the pistol for 650.12..

I'm kinda disappointed in my purchase. But its my first Pistol. :celebrate

All the manuals and papers where in a new envelope that wasn't opened yet.
So, I'm still not sure what to think. I'm sure they fired it on the range a few times.
Inless it comes dirty from the factory?

I will post pictures when I can, but its just a GLOCK :)

I'm eating teriyaki right now :what:

Being that It was my first pistol the guy behind the counter was in a rush and didn't answer my questions. He was a real @#$%.

So, I was uncomfortable buying my first pistol. It wasn't a very good experience. I even had my wife with me. She wasn't impressed.

skiingislife725

imported post

Well you did good on the Glock part. But if I may ask, why the 45? Were you able to shoot that and it felt good? Most of the "current" stuff that's come out says that 9mm, 40, and 45 are all about the same (as in they all suck and you should have brought your rifle)...so might as well go with the 9mm for more capacity. And no I don't want to start down the 45 vs 40 vs 9 path everyone. As they say, amateurs talk calibers, professionals talk tactics. I was just wondering the reason for the full size 45.

DaemonForce

imported post

Crypto wrote:
I'm kinda disappointed in my purchase. But its my first Pistol. :celebrate

Well you either hate it or you love it.

I'm notimpressedby "Safe Action" pistols but that doesn't make them any less of a decent firearm.

I'm a minimalist so Ifind small caliber single action firearms interesting. Unfortunately small stuff isn't very common and thus has no market. :?

Crypto

imported post

When I was younger, about 8 thru 12 years old. I always went shooting around here in pierce county at the rock quarries. Well, usually my 2 uncles would go along with my dad and his friend. So, there was always 5 of us every weekend. They all had .45 caliber pistols. So, I grew up around them. Then when I went into the military. I also had a .45 caliber pistol strapped to my leg. Pretty much everyday. Up in-till 2004. When I got honorably discharged.

amzbrady

imported post

What was the name of the guy that helped you?I think they are @$$holes because they can be, I was told alot of LEO go there to buy and shoot. So I dont think they care about us commeners. They do a good business, so I dont think they have to care. The guy that screwed my order up was Wayne, Kinda dim, I probably would have done better talking to the floor. Prices are ok, and range is right price. So until I find better or closer to OLY, thats where I go.

Iron_Colonel

imported post

Maybe you are disappointed you didn't get an XD ;) Ok, kidding aside, Glocks are good pistols. I'd bet it was factory firing and no one ever cleaned it. Don't quote me on that. I don't own a Glock, and have only fired a 9mm Glock once. I don't know any models, so there. I do know they are good, reputable firearms. If you have shot guns before, namely a .45, you should know what to expect recoil wise. I don't know why, if I ever were to buy an XD or Glock, it would be an XD. Sounds like you did ok. Congrats on your acquisition!

skiingislife725

imported post

Hard to jump to the 9mm with that history. But it is something to look into. Plenty of the the top instructors in the US are pretty keen on the 9mm (and Glocks in particular) for very convincing reasons. Kelly McCann, James Yeager, Gabe Suarez to name a few.

Anyways, you still go to these rock quarries you mention? My buddy is from Puyallup (I'm from Auburn) and when we go down south it's kind of hard trying to find a place to shoot. Out towards Greenwater and out past Elbe are what we've found. Any closer?

SpyderTattoo

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
You made a good choice, don't let these guys get to you.

+1. Welcome to the dark side! The G21 is one of the softest shooting .45's available. Ultra-reliable, and you can't argue with 14 rounds of 230gr. in a carryable package. A SERPA works well for OC. Look into an IWB rig from Bladetech (either their standard "IWB" or the "Nano IWB"), and the large-frame GLOCKs can be carried concealed quite easily, when you need to. Good luck!

Glocked and Loaded

imported post

Out of curiosity why did you pay so much more when I showed you an option on how to get one over night for alot less?

Anyways my 22 came with dirt in the barrel too. It was new but had crap in there. Like dust and such. Glock also fires off 2 rounds before shipping it out of the factory, But I have no idea if they clean it or not. Probably, my 21 was clean tho.

What was the firing date on that little yellow packet with the 2 casings on your 21?

Also was it a display model? or did they grab a new one from the back? the 22 was the last one they had and a display model so odds are is people put it in there pockets and such which is where the stuff in the barrel came from.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Crypto wrote:
I bought a Glock 21 from the marksman on canyon road. I did notice when I got home the barrel is dirty on the inside. They said it was a new gun. The barrel, frame and slide and box all have the same serial number. Bought I'm not convinced. Its a 3rd generation with no night sights.

Congrats on your first pistol!

The G21 is a fine gun. Grip is a touch too wide for me. I got me a G21 SF.

Enjoy.

jbone

imported post

Crypto wrote:
Are you gona take it back.I recall reading, cant remember the source, but along the linesof ifagun is test fired by a customer or employee it's now a used firearm?

If I was told it was new, it had darn best be new, or i'ed get my money back. Notsure theres much the store could say about it. I maybe wrong!

Crypto

imported post

Found out its suppose to come with:

1x Glock 21
1x Speed Loader <---- I didn't get one with the box.
2x Magazine
1x Cleaning Set
1x Instruction Manual
1x Cable Lock

Well found out that I don't have a speed loader in the box. After reading the manual and it says its suppose to have one. Then I looked on the glock website and sure enough its suppose to have one.

So, its going back today. I called glock right now. They said they can ship me out a speed loader but I don't like the fact that its dirty and there is no speed loader?
Come on "Marksman".... They really need to up there customer service. If they say the gun is new it needs to be new and with all manufacturers items. If they say there not going to give me a speed loader. I'm returning my gun @#$% it. I'm alittle pissed off about the process so far.

I will let you know what happens. Its only 9am right now. They don't open till 11am.

This is what I get for not going to ED'S :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

lmao, I like the gun though. But if there dicks, I'm going "REFUND PLEASE"...

G27

imported post

In my opinion the 'speed reloader' is by far pretty useless and honestly just a hassle. I can reloaded my mags far faster without it. You're not missing out on anything.

Crypto

imported post

It was a box of ammunition and of course I was excited to go out and buy the new pistol. Brought my wife too :).

I was alittle unhappy he was a dick but got passed it really fast cause of my new pistol...

I didn't know what was suppose to come with the pistol. Being that It was my first pistol :banghead:

I have a cpl..

I gave him my lisence, cpl, and my bank card.

Capn Camo

imported post

now the fun starts - TRAINING. Especially if you carry it regularly, and its pretty much worthless unless you do, it becomes sort of like carrying a concrete block with bathroom key around. Fun at the range, not fun anywhere else. Unless Al Quada (spelling) shows up and the streets become the range...:celebrate

Crypto

imported post

I will wear it everywhere.

I got a question though.

Is it suppose to be really hard to get the 11th, 12th, and 13th round in the magazines. I had a hella of a time getting those rounds in. Maybe cause I wasn't used to it.

I bought 230grain hollow points for it.

SpyderTattoo

imported post

It's a little tough to get the last round in the mag, so just Sack-Up and shove it in there... ;) I agree with the statement about the quick loader though, you will find that that piece of equipment is never used. Clean you new gun up and go shoot it. That gun will last longer than you do. Shoot the piss out of it.