Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saturday, March 20th. Organized WOODMANS statewide Picket

Post imported post

Protest has been canceled. Woodman's has adjusted their Carry policy. Legally Carried Firearms are now ok.

Thanks for contacting the big man !

http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Post imported post

I will go to the Oak Creek location and I see there are no schools nearby.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Post imported post

protias wrote:
    Advanced recon, nice
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Post imported post

Glock34 wrote:
    protias wrote:
    Advanced recon, nice
    Google Earth is a wonderful thing.

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Post imported post

I would try to organize a picket of the head quarters the week before.

Get everybody (20+ people) there on a Thursday afternoon.

Notify the press about the corporate picket, and then actually hold a press conference at the corporate picket and state your intentions to picket the individual stores the following weekend because Woodman's won't even consider talking about changing the policy.

You might get a whole lot more publicity that way, and you definitely will have put them on notice.

Just thoughts from an instigator.....

Post imported post

Support The 2nd wrote:
    I would try to organize a picket of the head quarters the week before.

Get everybody (20+ people) there on a Thursday afternoon.

Notify the press about the corporate picket, and then actually hold a press conference at the corporate picket and state your intentions to picket the individual stores the following weekend because Woodman's won't even consider talking about changing the policy.

You might get a whole lot more publicity that way, and you definitely will have put them on notice.

Just thoughts from an instigator.....
    That sounds like a smart move, go for it, we need someone that lives in that area, to contact the media down there... I live too far away , to drive all the way down there, big van, BAD on gas, too expensive.

I will alert the Media in the Green Bay area, when the time comes.

Post imported post

I'm in! Woodman's Store # 24 9515 Highway 16 Onalaska, WI 54650.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

Post imported post

Has anyone posted a map of schools in La Crosse/Onalaska area?
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

Post imported post

hardballer wrote:
    Great, with you that's, 3 stores covered.

Post imported post

Since the Oak Creek store is the one I would shop, I will be there.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Post imported post

hardballer wrote:
    I hope no one ever does. You loose any chance of deniability if you've seen a school zone map.

The law states that whoever "knowingly goes armed".

ETA I think I can get a couple to show up at the Onalaska Woodmans

Post imported post

hardballer wrote:
    I'm like 100% sure there are no school zones there.

And I'm with Woodchuck. Don't be looking at a map, because as the law writes, you had to know it was there!
    Logan - Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable
    Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP
    CC permits: MN, FL, NH, PA and CO

Member of:
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc., Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, and National Rifle Association

Post imported post

As of right now, I can also go to the head quarters.

Post imported post

I would consider the head quarters run as well. Might be interesting to meet Quint. or Clint, I could not tell when I spoke with him. Oh. . . check and double check on the map issue. Never seen one and never will.

Post imported post

hardballer wrote:
    I would consider the head quarters run as well. Might be interesting to meet Quint. or Clint, I could not tell when I spoke with him. Oh. . . check and double check on the map issue. Never seen one and never will.
    Google Earth shows it clear.

Post imported post

Whoa, fellas. I happen to work at Woodman's part-time. Looks like I'll be a no-go! Good luck though.

Post imported post

According to SAK (from his posting at icarry.org), he talked to Clint about it, and they have decided to allow carrying as long as it is in a legal manner. He said it was because of all of the calls complaining about hardballer being kicked out that he changed his mind.

While I personally have not confirmed this, I trust Shaun's information.

Good work, all!

Carry on!

Post imported post

Thanks gollbladder. Indeed I did talk to Clint and he gave me his personal assurance that they would make sure all employees respect firearms owners. I posted this news to our hope page:

www.icarry.org

I am sending him a personal thank you letter for supporting firearms owners and respecting our wishes. I think Woodman's ought to be thanked and COMMENDED for solving this misunderstanding so quickly and properly.

Sometimes we expect that corporations will take long time to solve something like this, but that was not the case here. In a day the whole thing was taken care. I'm very impressed.

My wife and I do most of our grocery shopping at Woodmans. They have a fantastic organic selection, so we like it a lot. I was very personally concerned about this mess, because I would not support a store that alienates firearms owners. But after seeing how they handled this I am even more proud to shop there than I was before.

Thank you for supporting our rights, Woodmans!!!

Post imported post

gollbladder13 wrote:
    According to SAK (from his posting at icarry.org), he talked to Clint about it, and they have decided to allow carrying as long as it is in a legal manner. He said it was because of all of the calls complaining about hardballer being kicked out that he changed his mind.

Good work, all!

Carry on!
    so then we will go ahead and call off the protest. Although I would like to see something black n white from Woodmans.

Post imported post

That is awesome to hear.

Post imported post

I would suggest canceling the picket and renaming this thread to "Woodman's supports firearms owners" or something to that effect. It would be a good thing to do to thank them for taking the high road on this issue.

Post imported post

SAK wrote:
    I would suggest canceling the picket and renaming this thread to "Woodman's supports firearms owners" or something to that effect. It would be a good thing to do to thank them for taking the high road on this issue.
    I can't edit the headline, I will ask the moderator to delete the thread.

Post imported post

blayze wrote:
    I look forward to participating. A few things about the BeloitWoodman's complex, it freakin huge. If you Google map or earth the place it is surrounded by Burton St, Madison RD, Fir Dr that actually connects with Madison Rd. McNeel middle school property is well within 1000 feet. Closest relevant media coverage would have tocome fromMadison. I have to agree with bigdaddy, a couple of us trying to make an impact on the Beloit complex would make us look like boobs, way too many entrances and exits.

I am more than willing to travel to a store that will have enough of us to attract media attention.
    This has already been resolved.

Post imported post

gollbladder13 wrote:

Good work, all!

Carry on!
    Just need to get that in writing and make sure they notify all of the stores about it.
    Logan - Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable
    Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP
    CC permits: MN, FL, NH, PA and CO

Member of:
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc., Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, and National Rifle Association

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast