• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Saturday, March 20th. Organized WOODMANS statewide Picket

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Protest has been canceled. Woodman's has adjusted their Carry policy. Legally Carried Firearms are now ok.

Thanks for contacting the big man !

protias

imported post

I will go to the Oak Creek location and I see there are no schools nearby. :monkey

Support The 2nd

imported post

I would try to organize a picket of the head quarters the week before.

Get everybody (20+ people) there on a Thursday afternoon.

Notify the press about the corporate picket, and then actually hold a press conference at the corporate picket and state your intentions to picket the individual stores the following weekend because Woodman's won't even consider talking about changing the policy.

You might get a whole lot more publicity that way, and you definitely will have put them on notice.

Just thoughts from an instigator.....

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Support The 2nd wrote:
I would try to organize a picket of the head quarters the week before.

Get everybody (20+ people) there on a Thursday afternoon.

Notify the press about the corporate picket, and then actually hold a press conference at the corporate picket and state your intentions to picket the individual stores the following weekend because Woodman's won't even consider talking about changing the policy.

You might get a whole lot more publicity that way, and you definitely will have put them on notice.

Just thoughts from an instigator.....
That sounds like a smart move, go for it, we need someone that lives in that area, to contact the media down there... I live too far away , to drive all the way down there, big van, BAD on gas, too expensive.

I will alert the Media in the Green Bay area, when the time comes.

Woodchuck

imported post

hardballer wrote:
Has anyone posted a map of schools in La Crosse/Onalaska area?
I hope no one ever does. You loose any chance of deniability if you've seen a school zone map.

The law states that whoever "knowingly goes armed".

ETA I think I can get a couple to show up at the Onalaska Woodmans

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

hardballer wrote:
Has anyone posted a map of schools in La Crosse/Onalaska area?
I'm like 100% sure there are no school zones there.

And I'm with Woodchuck. Don't be looking at a map, because as the law writes, you had to know it was there!

hardballer

imported post

I would consider the head quarters run as well. Might be interesting to meet Quint. or Clint, I could not tell when I spoke with him. Oh. . . check and double check on the map issue. Never seen one and never will.

protias

imported post

hardballer wrote:
I would consider the head quarters run as well. Might be interesting to meet Quint. or Clint, I could not tell when I spoke with him. Oh. . . check and double check on the map issue. Never seen one and never will.
Google Earth shows it clear.

KansasKraut

imported post

Whoa, fellas. I happen to work at Woodman's part-time. Looks like I'll be a no-go! Good luck though.

blaze

imported post

Phil Woodman would be the man to try to contact as he is the CEO. He is about 65 yrs old. Nice guy actually, the 35+ yrs Woodmans store has been in Beloit I used to see him here on occasion messing around in the aisles. Very friendly, talked to him more than once over the years. I did a Wikipedia on Woodmans, had no idea he was in the billions range.

gollbladder13

imported post

According to SAK (from his posting at icarry.org), he talked to Clint about it, and they have decided to allow carrying as long as it is in a legal manner. He said it was because of all of the calls complaining about hardballer being kicked out that he changed his mind.

While I personally have not confirmed this, I trust Shaun's information.

Good work, all!

Carry on!

SAK

imported post

Thanks gollbladder. Indeed I did talk to Clint and he gave me his personal assurance that they would make sure all employees respect firearms owners. I posted this news to our hope page:

www.icarry.org

I am sending him a personal thank you letter for supporting firearms owners and respecting our wishes. I think Woodman's ought to be thanked and COMMENDED for solving this misunderstanding so quickly and properly.

Sometimes we expect that corporations will take long time to solve something like this, but that was not the case here. In a day the whole thing was taken care. I'm very impressed.

My wife and I do most of our grocery shopping at Woodmans. They have a fantastic organic selection, so we like it a lot. I was very personally concerned about this mess, because I would not support a store that alienates firearms owners. But after seeing how they handled this I am even more proud to shop there than I was before.

Thank you for supporting our rights, Woodmans!!!

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

gollbladder13 wrote:
According to SAK (from his posting at icarry.org), he talked to Clint about it, and they have decided to allow carrying as long as it is in a legal manner. He said it was because of all of the calls complaining about hardballer being kicked out that he changed his mind.

While I personally have not confirmed this, I trust Shaun's information.

Good work, all!

Carry on!
so then we will go ahead and call off the protest. Although I would like to see something black n white from Woodmans.