Thread: CCL Question

Post imported post

Hi im new here on this forum. I have been watching for quite some time. thought i should join. There are allot of very informant people on here. Myquestion...I have a Florida CCL that i have had for the last 6 years. I have resonantly moved to the Houston area of Texas. I have been living here now for 3 years. Can i legaly carry using my florida CCL. Thanks in advance.

John

Banned

Post imported post

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

welcome

Be sure to check out your own states forum.

Post imported post

Thanks for the reply. been on that site many times. it does not answer the question. thanks anyways

John

Banned

Post imported post

you can learn just about anything you need to know on this site. You just need to explore, andask around

Post imported post

Will Do

Post imported post

HUNTER1122 wrote:
    Hi im new here on this forum. I have been watching for quite some time. thought i should join. There are allot of very informant people on here. Myquestion...I have a Florida CCL that i have had for the last 6 years. I have resonantly moved to the Houston area of Texas. I have been living here now for 3 years. Can i legaly carry using my florida CCL. Thanks in advance.

John
    Let's see, you got your CCL 6 years ago, that's 2004. In 2005 FLA CCL's were good for 5 years (I know, I got mine in 2005).That means that yours has expired, unless you've renewed it. If you renewed it in 2009, and you've been in TX since 2007, the your FLA CCL is now considered a non-resident CCL as you've notified the FLA Division of Licensing that you are no longer a FLA resident.

Now, the next question is: does TX recognize FLA CCL's? And as a follow on, does TX recognize Non-Resident CCL's from FLA. I suggest you contact the department of the TX state govt that administers CCL's and ask them if they have reciprocity with FLA - AND - do they recognize FLA's Non-resident CCLs.

Post imported post

Thank you LT. That pretty much explains it. Agian thank you.

John