• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Show and tell

ajelias

imported post

My church 'Calvary in Midland'is having a Wild Game Dinner Feb 20th They're open for vendors I thought MI OC would like todo an info tableAlso don't forget the Midland Gun Show April 24th

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

ajelias wrote:
My church 'Calvary in Midland'is having a Wild Game Dinner Feb 20th They're open for vendors I thought MI OC would like todo an info tableAlso don't forget the Midland Gun Show April 24th
IS this in the church and if so do we have permission to carry firearms?

ajelias

imported post

Was hoping Sqltables or Viper would be interested in manning the table I'm checking for permission It is not in the church It's in the christian school gym owned by the church Pastorok's even vendors that want to sell guns So stay tuned I'll let ya all know Wild game is prepared by a professional chef

ajelias

imported post

Will do Waiting for word from pastor I am getting the feeling that he will say no OC I will then ask if CC is ok

ajelias

imported post

Well I had a hunch that the pastor would say no to OC He did I asked about CC and he said he prefers that no one carrys I am sorry guys and gals but sure hope you will concider an info table anyway I understand that Sheridans from Saginaw are comming and a retired DNRofficer is going to speak Trying to get Joe Gungun shop from Sanford to set up too Looking for a taxidermist to set up Tables for displaysare free Dinner is 14.00 dollars each Well worth it as the wild game is professionally prepared

Taurus850CIA

imported post

Are we going to do this?

Pros:
*Free table.
*Exposure to a lot of people who's lives involve firearms, with the chance to reach a few who may carry the message forward. Even the possibility of reaching someone who would tell someone who would carry the message. Word of mouth. The best advertising on the planet.
*Inexpensive dinner. Wild game, at that. These things are almost always loaded with incredible food, and better conversation. Not to mention door prizes, silent auctions, speeches, etc.(usually) Worth going to even if only to eat the food.

Cons:
*No carry.

That's a big con. It sucks, but really, don't you think the potential to reach more people outweighs that?

Are we guns snobs, or are we activists?

Jared

imported post

ajelias wrote:
Well I had a hunch that the pastor would say no to OC  He did   I asked about CC and he said he prefers that no one carrys  I am sorry guys and gals but sure hope you will concider an info table anyway  I understand that Sheridans from Saginaw are comming and a retired DNR officer is going to speak Trying to get Joe Gun gun shop from Sanford to set up too  Looking for a taxidermist to set up   Tables for displays are free   Dinner is 14.00 dollars each  Well worth it as the wild game is professionally prepared

that's a shame. If he will deny people the ability to carry then I will have to deny the invite. I hope others do as well. I guess this "pastor" never read Luke 22:36

Taurus850CIA

imported post

PilotPTK wrote:
I completely agree with the Pro's being quite good..

However.. Would you go to a First Amendment demonstration where they prohibited some forms of speech?
To further the cause? YES. It WILL have an impact. If I am in town, I'll volunteer. That is, of course, if I am allowed to by the organization.

autosurgeon

imported post

No one is going to tell you that you cannot go... it just comes down to the fact that MOC as an organization can only do so many things anyway and might choose to do events where carry is allowed... What individual members do is their business...

Taurus850CIA

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
No one is going to tell you that you cannot go... it just comes down to the fact that MOC as an organization can only do so many things anyway and might choose to do events where carry is allowed... What individual members do is their business...
Yes, I know I could go and "show and tell" as an individual, but I will respect MOC and the use of the logos, and paperwork, etc.

PilotPTK

MOC Charter Member - Shelby Township, Michigan, US
imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
PilotPTK wrote:

However.. Would you go to a First Amendment demonstration where they prohibited some forms of speech?
To further the cause? YES. It WILL have an impact. If I am in town, I'll volunteer. That is, of course, if I am allowed to by the organization.

You're absolutely right. it will have an impact, and it will make a statement. It will make a statement that you are willing to suspend your rights in return for gain, and it will make a statement that you support organizations who would deny you your rights.

Obviously, being a free society, you are more than welcome to go and share and eat a nice meal. I simply choose to avoid any place that expects me to give up my right to self defense - even if that particular place provides benefit to me.

Ben

Taurus850CIA

imported post

PilotPTK wrote:
Taurus850CIA wrote:
PilotPTK wrote:

You're absolutely right. it will have an impact, and it will make a statement. It will make a statement that you are willing to suspend your rights in return for gain, and it will make a statement that you support organizations who would deny you your rights.

Obviously, being a free society, you are more than welcome to go and share and eat a nice meal. I simply choose to avoid any place that expects me to give up my right to self defense - even if that particular place provides benefit to me.

Ben
I would get some personal gain from it. I would enjoy a nice meal, and good conversation. You have to consider the effects far down the road, though.

Consider this:
You show up to inform people of the right to carry openly. It is in a PFZ, which is also private property. One stipulation is that you not carry. Go about your business speaking with folks, conveying information. A lot of these people will be those who attend on a weekly basis. You turn several non-believers into believers. They start talking among themselves, and eventually approach the "presiding official" about carrying on the property. He gives them permission based largely on the fact that you decided to show up despite the fact that not carrying is against your belief. In doing so, you have demonstrated a level of respect that many people are lacking. It tells him that you are not the typical media hyped, right wing, extremist gun nut. Next time, he may allow CC, or even OC at the same event. Everything we do, everything we discuss, everything we decide, especially here on this forum, has an impact on our image, and ultimately our goal.
I'm saying, don't throw away an opportunity because you have to sacrifice a little something. We can't make all our gain without pain. The benefits potentially outweigh the negatives by a long shot.

If you're truly hungry, you'll eat what's within reach.

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
PilotPTK wrote:
Taurus850CIA wrote:
PilotPTK wrote:

Ben
I would get some personal gain from it. I would enjoy a nice meal, and good conversation. You have to consider the effects far down the road, though.

Consider this:
You show up to inform people of the right to carry openly. It is in a PFZ, which is also private property. One stipulation is that you not carry. Go about your business speaking with folks, conveying information. A lot of these people will be those who attend on a weekly basis. You turn several non-believers into believers. They start talking among themselves, and eventually approach the "presiding official" about carrying on the property. He gives them permission based largely on the fact that you decided to show up despite the fact that not carrying is against your belief. In doing so, you have demonstrated a level of respect that many people are lacking. It tells him that you are not the typical media hyped, right wing, extremist gun nut. Next time, he may allow CC, or even OC at the same event. Everything we do, everything we discuss, everything we decide, especially here on this forum, has an impact on our image, and ultimately our goal.
I'm saying, don't throw away an opportunity because you have to sacrifice a little something. We can't make all our gain without pain. The benefits potentially outweigh the negatives by a long shot.

If you're truly hungry, you'll eat what's within reach.
But if I have my gun with me then I'll just go hunting and kill my own food and I'll never be hungry. ;)

Just messing with ya Taurus