Thread: Citizens arrest for felonies?

Post imported post

While my fiance was walking dogs this morning(she works nights and i work days) by her self. It's icy on our dirt road to say the least. She was still just in front of our house wearing reflective clothes.

When a jeep coming down the road accelerated and swerved towards her. She had to dive into the woods to keep from being hit. She came in only saying someone tried to kill me. I checked outside and they're are definitely tracks in the snow where they floored it.

Assault with a motor vehicle, on top of reckless endangerment, both of which are class D felonies. Would that not allow for a citizens arrest? I'm not "asking permission" to arrest anyone, but I'm concerned.

I'll be the one walking the dogs 24/7 now, With a video recorder and a .40 S&W. Cites would be greatly appreciated.

PS: Fiancee doesn't want the police involved because she didn't even see what color it was. Also if i had been out there i would have called them right away. But the cops will definitely get called if i get more info.

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

The short answer if yes, you can make a citizen's arrest if you personally witness the felony. Do some homework though, there is more to the issue than I am qualified to speak about.
    United we STAND!

Post imported post

Citizens arresting someone in a speeding automobile would be ambitious, to say the least.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

I wouldn't try it without stop sticks...
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    Citizens arresting someone in a speeding automobile would be ambitious, to say the least.
    I agree...

Post imported post

I've been put under arrest in my car before by a citizen.

yes, at the "stop yo unda arrest fo havin a dirty car" car wash on north saginaw st in flint.

Post imported post

Now I wasn't there, but you have no idea nor would your wife what the drivers intent was. I could think of a few crazy off the wall scenarios where the driver was just a bad driver.

Anyways, not sure what you would have done had you been there. I'm guessing with our retarded legal system you would end up getting in trouble.
    Freedom isn't free, but this is America! We will find a way to outsource it and save some money - Jeremy

Post imported post

Call 911 while you're chasin em in your vehicle,shoot em if they're headin at you?Etc.Etc..
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Post imported post

Yeah, if someone is intentionally trying to hit you with their vehicle,some people might fear fortheir life and use ANY means to stop that threat. Some people might put a double tap through the drivers side windshield.

Post imported post

T Vance wrote:
    Yeah, if someone is intentionally trying to hit you with their vehicle,some people might fear fortheir life and use ANY means to stop that threat. Some people might put a double tap through the drivers side windshield.
    Double tap? How about dropin a clip or two, thru the driverside windsheild. Also have a buddy with a 50 cal sniper rifle put some holes thru the engine.

"Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Post imported post

eastmeyers wrote:
    T Vance wrote:
    Double tap? How about dropin a clip or two, thru the driverside windsheild. Also have a buddy with a 50 cal sniper rifle put some holes thru the engine.

Some people might do that too.