• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Citizens arrest for felonies?

BreakingTheMold

imported post

While my fiance was walking dogs this morning(she works nights and i work days) by her self. It's icy on our dirt road to say the least. She was still just in front of our house wearing reflective clothes.

When a jeep coming down the road accelerated and swerved towards her. She had to dive into the woods to keep from being hit. She came in only saying someone tried to kill me. I checked outside and they're are definitely tracks in the snow where they floored it.

Assault with a motor vehicle, on top of reckless endangerment, both of which are class D felonies. Would that not allow for a citizens arrest? I'm not "asking permission" to arrest anyone, but I'm concerned.

I'll be the one walking the dogs 24/7 now, With a video recorder and a .40 S&W. Cites would be greatly appreciated.

PS: Fiancee doesn't want the police involved because she didn't even see what color it was. Also if i had been out there i would have called them right away. But the cops will definitely get called if i get more info.

kyleplusitunes

imported post

I've been put under arrest in my car before by a citizen.

yes, at the "stop yo unda arrest fo havin a dirty car" car wash on north saginaw st in flint.

jeremy05

imported post

Now I wasn't there, but you have no idea nor would your wife what the drivers intent was. I could think of a few crazy off the wall scenarios where the driver was just a bad driver.

Anyways, not sure what you would have done had you been there. I'm guessing with our retarded legal system you would end up getting in trouble.

Haman J.T.

imported post

Call 911 while you're chasin em in your vehicle,shoot em if they're headin at you?Etc.Etc..

T Vance

imported post

Yeah, if someone is intentionally trying to hit you with their vehicle,some people might fear fortheir life and use ANY means to stop that threat. Some people might put a double tap through the drivers side windshield.

eastmeyers

imported post

T Vance wrote:
Yeah, if someone is intentionally trying to hit you with their vehicle,some people might fear fortheir life and use ANY means to stop that threat. Some people might put a double tap through the drivers side windshield.

Double tap? How about dropin a clip or two, thru the driverside windsheild. Also have a buddy with a 50 cal sniper rifle put some holes thru the engine.

T Vance

imported post

eastmeyers wrote:
T Vance wrote:

Double tap? How about dropin a clip or two, thru the driverside windsheild. Also have a buddy with a 50 cal sniper rifle put some holes thru the engine.
Some people might do that too.