Thread: Fallout continues from AWB hearing in Olympia

Post imported post

Fallout continues from hearing on proposed 'assault weapon' ban

Picking up on subtleties, gun rights activists are dissecting and analyzing testimony from supporters of the ban proposal, and pointing to glaring flaws in logic, firearms knowledge and candor.

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seattle-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2010m1d27-Fallout-continues-in-wake-of-assault-weapon-ban-hearing

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/ybuxclm

Post imported post

I watched the hearing on the internet after I got home from work yesterdayand want to publicly acknowledge and thank Pam Roach for her efforts. I did send her an email thanking her. It always seems to be a tragic event that spurs this type of "knee Jerk reaction".

Thank You to all the people who traveled to Olympia to show support, I could not be there but am thankful to all who made the trip.

While the death of Aaron Sullivan and the Seattle Police officers is tragic and should not be diminished, they were not killed with the type of weapons outlined in this bill, and the type of weapon that killed Aaron Sullivan is not known but is described in court documents as "an assault-style weapon" . The removal of these "assault weapons" from commerce assures only one thing, criminals will be the only ones with them. When you outlaw guns only the outlaws will have them.

This bill appears to be taking advantage of a series of tragic events and skewed polling to further unnecessary legislation. The data submitted by all respondents can be interpreted differently depending on how you look at it. The Police Chief gave only the details of the FBI data that support her "personal position", yet there is data in the same reports that support the other side as well.

I would submit that if as much effort in legislating "common sense" gun laws was put toward "common sense" punishments we would not have as many gun crimes. Simply put, if the punishment for crime fit the crime we would have less crime.

I believe the showing in Olympia today reflects the general public opinion and will also be reflected in upcoming elections.

Very Respectfully,

Whitney Slater
    The problem with America is stupidity.
    I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Post imported post

Imaginethe following conversation between a legislator and Bellevue Police Chief Linda Pillo:

Legislator: How many rounds does the pistol you are carrying hold?

Linda Pillo: I don't know.

Legislator: Would the pistol you are carrying be banned for sale to the general public under Senate Bill 6396?

Linda Pillo: I don't know if the pistol I am carrying would be banned under this bill.

Legislator: Don't you think you should have checked on that before coming here to testify today?

Linda Pillo: I came here today to express my strong support for the 2nd Amendment.

Legislator: Do the weapons which are banned under Senate Bill 6396 have any social utility?

Linda Pillo: No, they have no social value and should be banned in order to protect children.

Legislator: If the weapons have no social utility, why does the bill provide an exemption to allow the Bellevue Police Department to use them?

Linda Pillo: I don't know. I'm confused. Can I go home now?

Post imported post

44Brent wrote:
    Imaginethe following conversation between a legislator and Bellevue Police Chief Linda Pillo:

Legislator: How many rounds does the pistol you are carrying hold?

Linda Pillo: I don't know.

Legislator: Would the pistol you are carrying be banned for sale to the general public under Senate Bill 6396?

Linda Pillo: I don't know if the pistol I am carrying would be banned under this bill.

Legislator: Don't you think you should have checked on that before coming here to testify today?

Linda Pillo: I came here today to express my strong support for the 2nd Amendment.

Legislator: Do the weapons which are banned under Senate Bill 6396 have any social utility?

Linda Pillo: No, they have no social value and should be banned in order to protect children.

Legislator: If the weapons have no social utility, why does the bill provide an exemption to allow the Bellevue Police Department to use them?

Linda Pillo: I don't know. I'm confused. Can I go home now?
    But it didn't so what is the point of posting that besides wasting forum space and peoples time?
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

Joerocket, the point is to EDUCATE people, and it appears that its WASTED ON YOU.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Here's a good idea ask those questions to her personally and post her response. Then we can leave speculation at the curbside.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

Capn Camo wrote:
    Joerocket, the point is to EDUCATE people, and it appears that its WASTED ON YOU.
    Educating would be showing her errors. Posting an imagined discussion educates no one.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

joeroket wrote:
    Capn Camo wrote:
    Educating would be showing her errors. Posting an imagined discussion educates no one.
    +1

The dialog about this bill is a real debate about serious issues. Hypotheticals have no place here.

Post imported post

Richard6218 wrote:

The dialog about this bill is a real debate about serious issues. Hypotheticals have no place here.
    But what if they did?
    Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Hey in schools across the land many hypotheticals are taught as fact.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

Whitney wrote:
    I did send her an email thanking her.
    Could you post her email. I tried to go through the Olyred tape,but not being in her district, I didn't get it.

Post imported post

Squeak wrote:
    Whitney wrote:
    I did send her an email thanking her.
    Could you post her email. I tried to go through the Olyred tape,but not being in her district, I didn't get it.
    Roach.Pam@leg.wa.gov

I sent her a thank you as well, and got this reply:

Dear -----,

Thank you for your support of the Second Amendment and for your encouraging words. I will continue to oppose SB 6396 in any way I can.

Sincerely,

Pam Roach

No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

Post imported post

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/37317.html

See my column on the reaction of an anti-gunner to the OCDO crowd in Olympia...

Post imported post

AK56, Thanks for the email address.

Post imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
    Richard6218 wrote:

But what if they did?
    What you did there -

I see it.