• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LOCAL Meeting 2-3-2010

sraacke

imported post

It's almost time again for the monthly business meeting of the Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League (LOCAL), SE La Chapter. Open Carriers, their supporters and anyone interested in Open Carry is invited to attend the meeting.

Date- Wednesday, Febuary 3, 2010.
Time- 6:30pm meeeting called to order.
Place- Shoneys Resturant, Hwy 51 near I-10 in Laplace, La.
We have the back room reserved.

IA-Pro

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I hope we have a good sized turn out. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting new folks interested in Open Carry.

p.s. I think this is the first ever moderated sticky on the Louisiana forum... :cool:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

yale wrote:
The meeting is tommorrow night. Bring the family for dinner and join us for the meeting.
Hope it went well and was productive.

Yata hey

sraacke

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
yale wrote:
The meeting is tommorrow night. Bring the family for dinner and join us for the meeting.
Hope it went well and was productive.

Yata hey

It went great.

We had 10 members present and a special guest, Dan Zelenka, President of the La Shooting Association, who talked for an hour with members about the LSA, it's history, what they are working on in the near future and several other subjects.

We then took a break and after the break spent about an hour on business including firming up bylaws and electing a Treasurer.

We even had a truck driver who was sitting at a table right outside the room who heard parts of our meeting and spoke to a couple of us during the break about who we were and what we were doing. Turns out he holds a CHP from Indiana where he lives. He was in LaPlace because he had a load to deliver in New Orleans in the morning and was parked for the night at the truck stop next door. After the break we invited him to join us and he sat in and watched us destroy Roberts Rules of Parlmentary Procedures.

I typed out the Minutes and have already posted them to the website. Now I'm waiting for next month when we meet again.

sharpshooter79

imported post

Howdy Folks,
I grew up in Louisiana, even though I live in Wyoming, please keep me informed of what ya'll are doing back there.