Thread: Woodman's Grocery stores, now supports legal OC, Let's thank them

Post imported post

Please let Woodman's know that we appreciate them changing their policy.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Post imported post

couple questions.

1) how should one go about thanking them??? each store individually, or thank corporate???

2) assuming it's going to take a while for EVERY store to receive the updated policy information, and then even longer before ALL the managers and employees are informed of the new policy, how should one handle the situation if confronted again with the request to leave??? after all if you try to explain it to them and they want to be hard headed and call the cops, then you would be trespassing correct??? even though per corporate policy it's now ok???

just figured i'd ask for my own education and incase anybody else had the same question.

Post imported post

Good point, I think I will call tomorrow at corporate and I will personally thank the Onalaska store mgrs. As for those of you who are interested in giving Woodman's some positive feedback, I suspect an email or phone call to Corporate would help reinforce the rightness of their decision.

I just want to say Thank You to all of you who had my and my wife's back on this.!~

WOW!:celebrate
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

Post imported post

could someone ask corporate for a letter, stating their new policy. Then post a scanned image of it on here ?
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Post imported post

blayze wrote:
    If you want me to I have some running around to do on Thu and Fri. I can stop at their headquarters and will politely ask.
    YOU ARE DA MAN !!!! Thanks !

Banned

Post imported post

I for one will not be rushing to thank anyone. This could have simply been a ploy to get members here to stop calling the store.

Actions speak louder then words. Go shopping and lets see what kind of response you get, then maybe thanks will be in order.

Post imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
    I for one will not be rushing to thank anyone. This could have simply been a ploy to get members here to stop calling the store.

Actions speak louder then words. Go shopping and lets see what kind of response you get, then maybe thanks will be in order.
    this is why i asked the question that i asked above.

they may have changed the policy, but how long is it going to take or that information to become common knowledge throughout their stores???

that's why i had asked:
    2) assuming it's going to take a while for EVERY store to receive the updated policy information, and then even longer before ALL the managers and employees are informed of the new policy, how should one handle the situation if confronted again with the request to leave??? after all if you try to explain it to them and they want to be hard headed and call the cops, then you would be trespassing correct??? even though per corporate policy it's now ok???

Post imported post

Was at the Onalaska store this morn. Shopped for awhile and waited for mngr to arrive at 8. Had a nice chat with him and he said than Clint woodman had called him at home to inform and discuss policy change. Made sure I talked to him b4 I paid for stuff...lol.

Mngr's only concern was that people do this in a lawfull manner. He says he's had a few lately that had jackets covering the gun or most of it so it wasn't properly "open".

Seems we are good to go. I failed to ask if he had a paper copy of policy change yet. sorry

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

I was all set to send an angry letter; and then I read this. Good News! Let's see how it plays out...

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Can one of you Wisconsin gun rights organizers maybe contact your friendly local woman tv reporter and have her discreetly film you discreetly picking up some eggs and milk at a Woodmans?

Then a short interview ouside noting how thankful you are Woodman's "clarified" its policy to accept Wisconsin law?

Post imported post

For every angry letter we were going to write, we should write/call them thanking them for clarifying and supporting our rights.

I just did, and let them know that I had never heard of them until this week, and I plan to do my grocery shopping there from now on.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc.'s Avatar

Post imported post

We have verified that Woodman's has indeed decided to have a "no policy" policy by allowing those who can legally carry for personal protection to do so. In addition to Woodman's, we would like to thank all those who so quickly responded to the call for action and would encourage each of you to continue to answer that call by joining Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Please visit our website: http://www.wisconsincarry.org/

where you can find a printable membership application:

http://www.wisconsincarry.org/pdf/Me...pplication.pdf

You can also join Wisconsin Carry instantly using our on-line application:

http://www.wisconsincarry.org/secure...pplication.php

Carry On

Hubert Hoffman, Vice President
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    www.WisconsinCarry.org
    Hubert@WisconsinCarry.org
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    P.O. Box 270403
    Milwaukee, WI. 53227
    Hubert@wisconsincarry.org
    608-792-0669
    http://www.wisconsincarry.org
    Disclaimer: Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

This almost makes me want a Woodmans store near me.

I used to patronize the one off I-94 & Hwy C (Kenosha?) and it was decent if you didn't want any nice deli items, or custom-cut meats. I was always amazed the the frozen pizza sectionbeing larger than the entirity of most grocery stores I have visited in the past.

I actually stopped going to that location because of the scum that liked to hang around in the parking lot with their goallooking like it was strictly toharrass and intimidate customers in the evening hours.

Campaign Veteran GlockMeisterG21's Avatar

Post imported post

Excellent result and great work by all. I am very surprised at how fast they caved. I will say that you have restored a bit of my faith in trying to reason with these corporations.
    “The 1911 pistol remains the service pistol of choice in the eyes of those who understand the problem. Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair.” — Col. Jeff Cooper, GUNS & AMMO, January 2002

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. wrote:
    We have verified that Woodman's has indeed decided to have a "no policy" policy by allowing those who can legally carry for personal protection to do so. In addition to Woodman's, we would like to thank all those who so quickly responded to the call for action and would encourage each of you to continue to answer that call by joining Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Please visit our website: http://www.wisconsincarry.org/

where you can find a printable membership application:

http://www.wisconsincarry.org/pdf/Me...pplication.pdf

You can also join Wisconsin Carry instantly using our on-line application:

http://www.wisconsincarry.org/secure...pplication.php

Carry On

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    http://www.WisconsinCarry.org
    Hubert@WisconsinCarry.org
    Okay...I don't have a problem with you guys having your own thread with recruitment info, but this right here (hijacking a thread to advertise) is pushing what should be allowable on here.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar

Post imported post

Mr. Greg,

Mike Stollenwerk was the one that encouraged us to incorporate Wisconsin Carry. I assure you we have his full support.

When we had the online petition it was frequently suggested in threads with new posters etc as a reminder that people sign it.

This is an internet forum, and notoriously nothing stays perfectly on topic, but if people can overlook the incessant ******* matches between "master doug" and everyone else that have almost NO point, then surely they can deal with an occasional post by us (wisconsin carry) to generate as much support for our federal GFSZ lawsuit challenge as possible, which unlike the ******* matches that proliferate the Wisconsin Forum threads, has a genuine and massively important purpose.
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

If Mike's got no problem with it, then by all means keep going. My angle was from experiences on other boards, where doing what you did was a bannable offense.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar

Post imported post

No problem Greg,

To be honest, I think our group has been met with more skepticism from some on the board than the general public. We have generated fantastic interest from a number of groups in Wisconsin that have thrown their support behind us. And while we had no idea what to expect in terms of membership, it has been a steady flow.

Mike encouraged me for a while to get something in Wisconsin similar to VCDL, Michigan Open Carry, and Georgia Carry organized here.

I was reluctant because there are a number of other gun-groups in Wisconsin vying support.

The GFSZ lawsuit and the opportunity to overturn the GFSZ as unconstitutional was the reason we incorporated. First, because rather than ask people to join our cause on the promise of doing something, we would first do something big and then we aren't leveraging people's goodwill on hope and promise to do something. Second, these civil lawsuits and the opportunities to expand rights which they provide (and clearly have been effective in other states to preserve and restore rights that are being deprived by police and municipalities)are a different approach than any other group in Wisconsin was pursuing.

We saw the opportunity to really affect change and we took it. I know I speak for myself and the board when I say we had no intention of trying to get into the popularity contest of who's the most prolific gun-rights-organization in Wisconsin. For that reason, we clearly state in our mission that we do not disparage the work of ANY other gun rights group in Wisconsin. But we do think there is an opportunity to have a big effect that we don't see happening.

Georgia Carry has 4000+ members and they do great things. They started with the same action plan. They filed a few lawsuits, won a few cases, restored people's rights, and people started to join.

Our attorney on the Federal GFSZ lawsuit is John Monroe. He is a board member of Georgia Carry.

We see the opportunity to be a group that makes substantive change in Wisconsin. We see the opportunity once we have success with a few of these lawsuits to be recognized by legislators in Wisconsin for our influence. NOT as individuals, but collectively as a group of thousands of members. Thats why membership is so key. We want legislators to see that in Wisconsin Carry rests not just the thousands of votes of their membership, but the friends and families of membership who's votes we influence.
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan

Post imported post

What is the status of Madison Woodman's concerning OC?
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

I have never tried there, although I have had an empty holster in the one off Gammonon numerous occasions with no issues.

Post imported post

Plankton wrote:
    What is the status of Madison Woodman's concerning OC?
    I think this thread pretty much describes it.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)