• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Max Con V

Section32

imported post

I received mine this Monday and I'm having trouble getting comfortable with it. Advice?

Update 1/27: After talking to the maker, I've discovered that I have been trying to wear this holster too far back. The maker had recommended "between 4:00-5:00" and I had it at 5:00. This made it very uncomfortable to lean against while seated. I have adjusted it to 4:00 which is working better. The maker is claiming a two week break-in and I'm only able to wear it 3-4 hours per day. I'm hopeful that it will become much more comfortable with wear. On the plus side, this is the finest leather craftsmanship I've seen in a holster. Beautiful fit and finish. The fit of the gun broke in flawlessly with the old 'two layers of wax paper overnight' routine. It draws cleanly while still exhibiting very firm retention. You can tell a lot of attention was paid to the boning process on this one.

Section32

imported post

I wore the holster for 14 hours on Saturday, mostly around the house but also one one errand in the car. I'm settling on 4:15 as the location and it's becoming much more comfortable. I am starting to forget I had it on. This is definitely the most position sensitive holster I have worn. That is due to the 'tail fin' Brommeland leaves below the closed slide slot. This unique design has a built in curvature that wants to find the top of your buttock to wrap around. It is very stiff because it is two layers of cowhide joined together so it doesn't give much. Once you find the proper position, the holster holds my G26 very snuggly to my side and becomes increasingly comfortable. I'd say the height is spot on for my tastes and the overall slimness of the design makes this the most concealable IWB rig I've worn. I'm looking forward to more wear and further break-in. Oh, and did I say this is the most beautiful, best constructed holster I've seen?