• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Front Royal

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Two Hands wrote:
OCD at Fidays in Front Royal with the better half. No signs on the door. No off looks or any problems. Better half even complained about the service.
Two Hands.. I think you were lucky or you look like a cop.

See this: http://www.vcdl.org/static/gue.html#TGI

Your better half probably complained for good reason.. around here anyway TGIF is not that great and the fact they want to turn away legal gun owners just adds to it.

Ed

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Two Hands wrote:
OCD at Fidays in Front Royal with the better half. No signs on the door. No off looks or any problems. Better half even complained about the service.
Hey there. First, welcome aboard! Happy to have you here.

Have you OC'd at the best pizza place in Virginia yet? You and I both know it's Melting Pot Pizza. Have you carried there?

Two Hands

imported post

I have not OC'd there recently, but will soon. ( I didn't carry for a few years while I sorted out.....spiritual issues). I usually order delivery since they stay crowded and parking is a pain. The ovens aren't brick but regardless they mayhave the best pizza in the world!! I never order anywhere else!!

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Two Hands wrote:
I have not OC'd there recently, but will soon. ( I didn't carry for a few years while I sorted out.....spiritual issues). I usually order delivery since they stay crowded and parking is a pain. The ovens aren't brick but regardless they mayhave the best pizza in the world!! I never order anywhere else!!
Hey Two hands.. maybe you should go... make sure it's cool and everything... and then set up a dinner where a few of us can come out your way?

SouthernBoy

imported post

Two Hands wrote:
Absolutely the best. Did you know that Mr. Bachelor started that business with 64 cents! Incredible.

SouthernBoy

imported post

ed wrote:
Two Hands wrote:
Hey Two hands.. maybe you should go... make sure it's cool and everything... and then set up a dinner where a few of us can come out your way?
Great idea. I would be up for it.

Marco

imported post

Stopped at the Wal-Mart in Front Royal yesterday, no issues.
We went for a drive after breakfast and I forgot the diaper bag at home.

gis

imported post

I was there this past Saturday with my wife. I OCed a part of the time on Main Street (was dressed in 5.11 pants and a golf shirt). Wanted to stop at the pawn shop by the gazebo to look at the gun counter, but the place was closed for Easter. Had a nice chat about guns with one of the local cops on foot patrol. Went in to buy a couple of sandwiches into the local European "gourmet" place. The guy who runs it is from Italy, but didn't even give a second look to my OC Glock. The only comment I got was from a couple who sounded British. Shesaid "don'tpeople get scared thinking that gun is real"? I replied "it is real, madam". I got a huge :what:, after which she and her husband walked away really fast.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

gis wrote:
I was there this past Saturday with my wife. I OCed a part of the time on Main Street (was dressed in 5.11 pants and a golf shirt). Wanted to stop at the pawn shop by the gazebo to look at the gun counter, but the place was closed for Easter. Had a nice chat about guns with one of the local cops on foot patrol. Went in to buy a couple of sandwiches into the local European "gourmet" place. The guy who runs it is from Italy, but didn't even give a second look to my OC Glock. The only comment I got was from a couple who sounded British. Shesaid "don'tpeople get scared thinking that gun is real"? I replied "it is real, madam". I got a huge :what:, after which she and her husband walked away really fast.
Aaah, you missed a good chance to talk awhile first.

They probably went away thinking those crazy Yankees - you do realize that we are all collectively referred to as Yanks - right? :lol:

Yata hey

gis

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
gis wrote:
Aaah, you missed a good chance to talk awhile first.

They probably went away thinking those crazy Yankees - you do realize that we are all collectively referred to as Yanks - right? :lol:

Yata hey
I admit to being one (Yankee). I am from Michigan.:D

Two Hands

imported post

Haven't had much time for the forum lately. Stopped at the Shell in Linden on my way home last week- Had a good conversation with a knowledgeable youngman who liked my XD. OC'd at Wal-Mart for ammo and the Quarrels north of town. No issues. Still haven't made it to the Melting Pot.

Two Hands

imported post

Saturday 4/24, K-Mart and the ABC store. Today at Lowes and B&L Custurd. No questions, stares, etc. Last weekend at Wal-Mart a passerby stopped at my truck to see if he could pet my dog and saw my pistol laying on the seat. He was driving a big rig to California, and had stopped outside of Baltimore for some excercise and had two thugs try to take his bike. Had a nice conversation about gun rights and self defense.

Two Hands

imported post

Panda Express. A couple of
shocker.gif
but no issues.