Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roommate is on probation and I have a cpl!!!!!

Post imported post

My roommate just got put on probation for a high court misdomenor, I have a CPL and live on a different floor than he does. The gun is always on me at all times, it is never laided down, if i cant carry it, its locked in a big safe, with me only knowing the code. He just showed me a pamphlet from his probation officer that talked abouthe could not be around guns at all. I dont really know how this works. I would love for you guys that actually know the law to fill me in cause I have no other place to move right now so I am stuck living here. I dont know whats going on or what to do,please help me!!!!!

Post imported post

I can't cite any specific laws, but I do know one thing. It's his problem, not yours.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    I can't cite any specific laws, but I do know one thing. It's his problem, not yours.
    Exactly what I was going to say.

Post imported post

Any probation orders are his problem......only he can violate his probation.

Post imported post

The way it works is HE can't be around guns. It is his problem. He might ask you to remove them from the house/apartment. If you want to do that, it's your choice. Just remember, HE is the one who decided to go out and commit a crime, so he is the one who should find a way to deal with it.

Post imported post

T Vance wrote:
    Michigander wrote:
    Exactly what I was going to say.
    +1
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Post imported post

if its "locked in the safe" or "strapped to your hip" he shouldnt be in violation...

if its laying about where could get posession of it , then there is a problem..

but hes the one in violation, not you..
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Post imported post

See, the problem is, is that he is the son of the guy that owns the house. And both of them are not blood family, but close enough to be family. We were discussing this issue about no guns and i told him that I didnt pay a total of almost $800 to have and carry a gun. He told me i could leave it in the truck when I was in the house. So what am I supposed to do when someone breaks into the house, tell the robber to hold on while i go upstairs and outside to get my gun. After he told me to leave it in my truck I said I didnt know if I really want to do that, then he was like if you send me back to prison cause you have a gun in the house you are going to need that gun when I get out. It just pisses me off because he is one of those 23 year old gangster type white guys and thinks he is billy bad ass because he has been through the jail system for sometime. And myself being 23 years old and can follow the rules and carry a gun on me. Now I need to be punished and not carry my gun. Its not right, thats why this is such a problem and dont know what to do?

Post imported post

Move.

Post imported post

i would talk to his probation officer.

Post imported post

I cant, i have been unemployed since august...lol so I only have enough money to pay my rent, I am no longer ahead a month.....so i am stuck here but do you think its right that I pay to live there and since july 2009 and now I have to change my ways cause I just got my cpl not to long ago. There was no contract drawn up either but, remember they are like family...

Post imported post

Has anyone ever had to discuss this issue with a probation officer, like maybe a married couple (one is a felon and other is CPL)

Post imported post

That's your problem in a nutshell... They're family and you're not.

Talk to his PO, like Kimberguy said.

You may not like the outcome, but you're stuck living with a criminal element. And that sucks big time.

Post imported post

As long as he doesn't have access to it, there's no issue. You can even leave NFA guns at someone elses' house provided they are locked, and only you have the key/combo.

Reminds me something G. Gordon Liddy once said "I'm a felon and can't own a gun, but thank God my wife isn't"
    Rand Paul 2016

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

d_hillman00 wrote:
    My roommate just got put on probation for a high court misdomenor, I have a CPL and live on a different floor than he does. The gun is always on me at all times, it is never laided down, if i cant carry it, its locked in a big safe, with me only knowing the code. He just showed me a pamphlet from his probation officer that talked abouthe could not be around guns at all. I dont really know how this works. I would love for you guys that actually know the law to fill me in cause I have no other place to move right now so I am stuck living here. I dont know whats going on or what to do,please help me!!!!!
    Why would your room mate be disallowed to be around firearms? Since when did misdemeanors become grounds to deny gun rights?

Post imported post

Unless he is lying about it being a high court misdenmenor, but as soon as I got home tonite he came running downstairs and handed me that pamphlet that his officer gave him and it was all about guns, but I think anyone on probation cant be around guns, I dont know......thats why I am asking?

Post imported post

d_hillman00 wrote:
    See, the problem is, is that he is the son of the guy that owns the house. And both of them are not blood family, but close enough to be family. We were discussing this issue about no guns and i told him that I didnt pay a total of almost $800 to have and carry a gun. He told me i could leave it in the truck when I was in the house. So what am I supposed to do when someone breaks into the house, tell the robber to hold on while i go upstairs and outside to get my gun. After he told me to leave it in my truck I said I didnt know if I really want to do that, then he was like if you send me back to prison cause you have a gun in the house you are going to need that gun when I get out. It just pisses me off because he is one of those 23 year old gangster type white guys and thinks he is billy bad ass because he has been through the jail system for sometime. And myself being 23 years old and can follow the rules and carry a gun on me. Now I need to be punished and not carry my gun. Its not right, thats why this is such a problem and dont know what to do?
    I would have to ask, how close of a family is he near if he threatens you, and if he truly was as "bad" as he says he is I would think he would keep his mouth shut about you having anything unless he is planning on getting into more trouble. If he told you you are going to need the gun when he gets out I would think you wouldhave told him that right there is why I think I need this gun to protect me from people like you who would do me bodily harm.IMHO
    Don't confuse me with the facts, I have my emotions!

I guess that's the difference between no crime and "stopping" a crime in progress. I prefer no crime.

Post imported post

is this the same roomate that has a felony in his past for robbing a store you told us about two days ago, or is this a seperate crook roomate? if so, do you live in a flop house?

if so, I think your best bet untill you move into a house that isn't full of crooks and convicts is to sell your gun to me at a deeply discounted price.

edit: also the solution for wanna be gangsters in grand rapids is to remind them of the fact they actually live in grand rapids.

edit edit: also on January 16 you posted that you were getting a gun next month and planned on ocing. it is only the 27 of January, have you recieved your gun already and went through this much trouble with it? if so what did you get? if not, I'd seriously consider waiting to purchase. it sounds like you are at a bad place in life to own a firearm.

Post imported post

Keep your gun on you at all times or locked up. Even though you don't have any contract written up to live there, you have established residency. They can not just kick you out with out going through the legal eviction process, which will take at least 60 days. My suggestion is find a job, any job, regardless of what it is, and move as soon as possible. It sounds like this environment is nothing but trouble, and unfortunately you could get caught up in it. He threatened you, that's not family. Stop worrying about him violating his probation and take care of yourself.

Post imported post

sprinklerguy28 wrote:
    Keep your gun on you at all times or locked up. Even though you don't have any contract written up to live there, you have established residency. They can not just kick you out with out going through the legal eviction process, which will take at least 60 days. My suggestion is find a job, any job, regardless of what it is, and move as soon as possible. It sounds like this environment is nothing but trouble, and unfortunately you could get caught up in it. He threatened you, that's not family. Stop worrying about him violating his probation and take care of yourself.
    What he said x2

Post imported post

T Vance wrote:
    The way it works is HE can't be around guns. It is his problem. He might ask you to remove them from the house/apartment. If you want to do that, it's your choice. Just remember, HE is the one who decided to go out and commit a crime, so he is the one who should find a way to deal with it.
    +1 like you would not believe!

d_hillman00 wrote:
    See, the problem is, is that he is the son of the guy that owns the house. And both of them are not blood family, but close enough to be family. We were discussing this issue about no guns and i told him that I didnt pay a total of almost $800 to have and carry a gun. He told me i could leave it in the truck when I was in the house. So what am I supposed to do when someone breaks into the house, tell the robber to hold on while i go upstairs and outside to get my gun. After he told me to leave it in my truck I said I didnt know if I really want to do that, then he was like if you send me back to prison cause you have a gun in the house you are going to need that gun when I get out. It just pisses me off because he is one of those 23 year old gangster type white guys and thinks he is billy bad ass because he has been through the jail system for sometime. And myself being 23 years old and can follow the rules and carry a gun on me. Now I need to be punished and not carry my gun. Its not right, thats why this is such a problem and dont know what to do
    Let me explain how probation works... since i was recently released from this.

If you speak to this guys probation officer, and you state that you have guns and keep them in the house, the PO will either tell slim shady 1 of 2 things. either find a new place to stay or go to jail.

If you speak to the PO and tell them that this guy is threatening you, guess what... they WILL revoke/violate his probation and send him to jail.

With this being said, you could call his PO and inform them that you are currently sub renting a room or floor of slim shady's residence, and that you are being told as a renter that you are no longer allowed to keep your personal firearms with you, or face eviction.

TBH... you are between a rock and a hard place...

The only thing that will fix slim shady's boat... is a nice little stretch in Jackson... I bet it will take him once to figure out that baggy pants in prison means something totally different than on the street.

Worst case scenario, you get his ass thrown in prison... then you have atleast 3 to 5 years before you have to move or really need to worry about dealing with him...

Post imported post

THway wrote:
    The only thing that will fix slim shady's boat... is a nice little stretch in Jackson...
    hooray for Jackson!!!!! then he will be about a mile from my house!!! hope he makes a good neighbor!

Post imported post

Yes this is the same roommate from a few days ago, his felony got dropped to a high court misdemenor, i dont live in a flip flop house....lol....I didnt buy a gun yet but i plan on it next week because i can get a armed security job very easily with my background, so i need one soon so i can get off unemployment because i hate being on it.....why cant people just grow up.....i am.....lol

Post imported post

d_hillman00 wrote:
    Yes this is the same roommate from a few days ago, his felony got dropped to a high court misdemenor, i dont live in a flip flop house....lol....I didnt buy a gun yet but i plan on it next week because i can get a armed security job very easily with my background, so i need one soon so i can get off unemployment because i hate being on it.....why cant people just grow up.....i am.....lol
    it thought the threads were related! soooo your felon friend that threatens you that cant be near guns that you dont even own yet!!!

sooo are you one of those weird made up scenerio crazy idea, just so you can ask a question interwebstubes troll foolish boy wanna bes just waisting our time guys???
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Post imported post

this is actually happening, this isnt a made up senario, if you have read my other posts, he actually stabbed somebody and was on the news for it, this roommate is not a joke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast