• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who needs a gun in a shop... in NYC???

ABNinfantryman

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Not near as messed up as the other two that didn't survive. Heck, they're already messed up. If prison was like it use to be, it might straighten their butts out.

Prison use to be hard time, making little rocks out of big rocks with a sledge hammer, all day long.

You can blame neocon Republicans who've made prison into a profitable business. I know in Florida the inmates used to grow all of their own food, worked on the local town or city's infrastructure (i.e. road crews), and generally did hard and menial tasks in ungodly humid heat. They still do in certain minimum security institutions when they can trust the inmates not to run off and need little watching over. However in the institutions in Florida the food and labor has been taken over by a contracting company owned in part by none other than the Bush family and won their contract during a certain governor's term. The state spends millions on inmates now who used to be for the most part self sustaining.

Why would someone do this? Because it turns prison into a fluff camp which has no rehabilitation value and guarantees the inmates will continue to return and continue to keep putting money in the pocket of that contracting company. Why rehabilitate when it benefits you for more people to be in prison? Thankfully Charlie Crist sees this and is starting to reverse the policy ordering prisons to start their self-sustaining programs again since the state can't afford to keep paying a contracting company.

MKEgal

imported post

buster81 wrote:
The two surviving members... two other men were killed.
:question:
I'm wondering why they're not facing felony murder charges?
Their 2 accomplices were killed as a result of their attempt to commit a felony,
so their deaths are on the heads of the surviving 2.

-