• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Landmark Theatre in Richmond

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ClumsyCandy wrote:
Ric in Richmond wrote:
I'll be at the second to last show. CC until it is over since my wife really wants to see it.....but I'll OC on the way out!!!

I'll be there Saturday, I'll let you know what I think! : ) Where did you get seats at? Ours our Center section! : ) I hope you enjoy it, I really love going to see shows at the Landmark. Parking is at VCU's parking deck there, its' usually $5, cash only. Arrive early, as the deck fills up fast!
Keep in mind that VCU parking deck is likely covered by the same falsely interpreted "rule" about guns as the other VCU properties.

Unless you want to be our much sought after test case. :p :D

Yata hey

ClumsyCandy

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
ClumsyCandy wrote:
Ric in Richmond wrote:
I'll be at the second to last show. CC until it is over since my wife really wants to see it.....but I'll OC on the way out!!!

I'll be there Saturday, I'll let you know what I think! : ) Where did you get seats at? Ours our Center section! : ) I hope you enjoy it, I really love going to see shows at the Landmark. Parking is at VCU's parking deck there, its' usually $5, cash only. Arrive early, as the deck fills up fast!
Keep in mind that VCU parking deck is likely covered by the same falsely interpreted "rule" about guns as the other VCU properties.

Yata hey

LOL well its that or you park a mile away and have to walk THROUGH VCU to get to the Landmark. When I took my class there 2 summers ago, before I knew about the sillinees, I'd leave the deck everyday with my firearm in the passenger seat. Never had any of the attendants say anything to me.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ClumsyCandy wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
ClumsyCandy wrote:
Ric in Richmond wrote:

Yata hey
LOL well its that or you park a mile away and have to walk THROUGH VCU to get to the Landmark. When I took my class there 2 summers ago, before I knew about the sillinees, I'd leave the deck everyday with my firearm in the passenger seat. Never had any of the attendants say anything to me.
Didn't say you could not - just reminding others to "keep it in mind."

Not saying how I would handle it. :cool:

Yata hey

ClumsyCandy

imported post

Got drop off and pick up service and chose to make my mom comfortable as well as myself, since I was going to be sitting for almost 3 hours in a very small uncomfortable seat. Chose not to carry. It turned out to be for the best because the show was SOLD OUT and very crowded and even with a retention holster I would not have felt safe.

The show however, was SPECTACULAR! The lady who played Elphaba, was the stand-in and she was a show stopper! Very good! It is almost 3 hours long with intermission so be prepared to sit! : )

The Wolfhound

imported post

Ok, was there ever a true consensus on carry at the Landmark? I had occassion to go there over the weekend and could not be sure of the status of the venue. They serve beer and wine in at least a portion of it. Would that have meant only open carry would have been legal? I saw no signs attempting to bar carry. I think we were clear that ownership is the City of Richmond and that premption is in effect but the Wine Bar does muddy the picture.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

The Wolfhound wrote:
Ok, was there ever a true consensus on carry at the Landmark? I had occassion to go there over the weekend and could not be sure of the status of the venue. They serve beer and wine in at least a portion of it. Would that have meant only open carry would have been legal? I saw no signs attempting to bar carry. I think we were clear that ownership is the City of Richmond and that premption is in effect but the Wine Bar does muddy the picture.
I've never been able to find their ABC license on the ABC website but I can't imagine it being considered a restaurant or club. I would guess"performing arts facility", but that is a guess.

VCDL President

Centurion
imported post

peter nap wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
VCDL President wrote:
The Wolfhound wrote:
They do serve popcorn, too. I can see someone trying to claim "restaurant" status.
I can't wait for July 1 to come around!
But some of us would rather OC. :p

Yata hey
And some of us have to.:lol:
I said ***I*** can't wait, nothing about either of you two misfits! :lol: