Thread: SOTA Address - No mention of our issues!

Post imported post

I read through President Obama's 2010 State of the Union address, today. I did not see any mention of our typical topics of firearms-related concerns anywhere in his speech.

Since he did mention many other controversial things, I think that's a good thing!
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Noticed that too. Couldn't have made our Brady Bunch friends too happy.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Didn't hear any from Bob McDonnell in response either, but then I didn't anticipate it.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

He knows he can't directly attack the 2A, he is a lawyer who may be looking for the loopholes, to null and void it.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
    He knows he can't directly attack the 2A, he is a lawyer who may be looking for the loopholes, to null and void it.
    Virginia's new governor, Bob McDonnell, is actually very pro 2A.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
    Did I miss something I thought we were talking about the president? If so my bad.

Edit: Ah I see the confusion, I didn't see your post directly above mine. I saw it but that wasn't the post I was responding to.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

I had absolutly no interest in watching the show, I waited until the next day to flip back & forth between Glenn Beck and MSNBC to get a good enough idea of what was said, and how it was understood by 2 totally differing viewpoints.

Tuthfully, whenever I see any image of the pres. or his wife on TV, I hit the mute button first, and change channels shortly after. I do not need any extra agravation from hearing the lies and misguided direction this ass-clown is pushing for.

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
    Did I miss something I thought we were talking about the president? If so my bad.

Edit: Ah I see the confusion, I didn't see your post directly above mine. I saw it but that wasn't the post I was responding to.
    I confused the issue by not being clear - sorry.

Yata hey

Post imported post

Nutczak wrote:
    I had absolutly no interest in watching the show, I waited until the next day to flip back & forth between Glenn Beck and MSNBC to get a good enough idea of what was said, and how it was understood by 2 totally differing viewpoints.

Tuthfully, whenever I see any image of the pres. or his wife on TV, I hit the mute button first, and change channels shortly after. I do not need any extra agravation from hearing the lies and misguided direction this ass-clown is pushing for.
    Good move, Nutczak. I listened to the address in the cab, and had to wonder at several points just what in hell he was even talking about. Then he said something about showing the Chinese who's the bad cat by building a train that's faster than theirs. :?

I think he is starting to crack up, I really do. I am dead serious; Congress ought to start thinking about declaring him unfit. This is the guy with the nukes, you know. And he is starting to sound absolutely deranged.