Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Comments on SB6396

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    E TN
    Posts
    165

    Post imported post

    Comments just filed with Delvin (WA LEgislature) et al.:

    " At a time when our Nation is at WAR with Al Quaeda, and they are IN THIS COUNTRY, now is not the time for traitors in the Legislature to subvert the Constitution and attempt to disarm Citizens. We will not tolerate it.

    Newt Gingrich comments incorporated by reference:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZiw3qVdFzw

    6396 is about the "black rifle." It is the ENTRY LEVEL item needed to defeat terrorists. Our PDs are utterly understaffed and untrained to do so.

    The RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS belongs to the Citizen, and the Legislature SHALL NOT usurp that.

    Never mind that there is no such thing as an "assault weapon" Assault is a verb, it is not a modifier in the English language for the noun "weapon."

    Your "NO" vote(s) are appreciated as are your leaning on the advocates of this traitorous, unConstitutional bill.

    http://second-amendment.tripod.com"

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Everett, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,339

    Post imported post

    I fear it is hopeless that they will understand what these weapons are really used for in the hands of the vast majority of people.

    On a side note, the word assault in assault weapon is an adjective.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

    "though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Blaine, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,315

    Post imported post

    joeroket wrote:
    On a side note, the word assault in assault weapon is an adjective.
    Although as an interesting etymological aside, there is no listing for "assault" as an adjective in any dictionary that I have looked through. Assault is a noun or a verb in the English language except when redefined by liberals looking to make our arms seem scarier.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,327

    Post imported post

    Capn Camo,

    You might stick to firearm-related stuff and leave linguistics out of it. In fact a compound noun (i.e. a noun modifying another noun) is a regular feature of English. Please don't try to argue that "there's no such thing as an assault weapon" on the grounds that it's a grammatical mistake, because it isn't.

  5. #5
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Post imported post

    I by no means want to defend the anti's use of the word since we know there is no such thing as an assault weapon.

    But wouldn't it be like saying "running shoes"?

    Hmmm on second thought though saying "assault shoes" doesn't seem to fit no matter how I try to make it work.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  6. #6
    Regular Member Metalhead47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Whidbey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,812

    Post imported post

    Assault weapon is a made up term for liberal propaganda referring to scary-looking semiautomatic rifles covered in tacticool doodads. They are not used by any military.

    Assault rifle is a legitimate term referring to small to medium-powered military-spec rifles that are, by definition, fully-automatic, and already illegal in WA state. (M-16, AK-47, etc)
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Everett, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,339

    Post imported post

    heresolong wrote:
    joeroket wrote:
    On a side note, the word assault in assault weapon is an adjective.
    Although as an interesting etymological aside, there is no listing for "assault" as an adjective in any dictionary that I have looked through. Assault is a noun or a verb in the English language except when redefined by liberals looking to make our arms seem scarier.
    Very interesting. This may be one the defies grammatical law.

    After reading your post I found that "assault weapon" is actually listed in Webster's dictionary as a noun with a date of 1973 and is defined as " any of various automatic or semiautomatic firearms".

    Where in the hell did they get that?
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

    "though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sedro, Washington, USA
    Posts
    533

    Post imported post

    joeroket wrote:
    heresolong wrote:
    joeroket wrote:
    On a side note, the word assault in assault weapon is an adjective.
    Although as an interesting etymological aside, there is no listing for "assault" as an adjective in any dictionary that I have looked through. Assault is a noun or a verb in the English language except when redefined by liberals looking to make our arms seem scarier.
    Very interesting. This may be one the defies grammatical law.

    After reading your post I found that "assault weapon" is actually listed in Webster's dictionary as a noun with a date of 1973 and is defined as " any of various automatic or semiautomatic firearms".

    Where in the hell did they get that?
    HAHAHA, the Webster's Dictionary for Anti's.



    I agree with leaving out linguistics. The fact is that connotationalways has been and always will bestronger than denotation.

  9. #9
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Post imported post

    Like that saying "gun crime".
    Guns never commit crimes some people in possession of them do.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wa, ,
    Posts
    2,769

    Post imported post

    All, of my firearms are ANTI Assault weapons.

  11. #11
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Post imported post

    Trigger Dr wrote:
    All, of my firearms are ANTI Assault weapons.
    Nice turn of words I like that.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •