View Poll Results: Whos up for restoring the Constitution in WA

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck yes, Mabel

    2 16.67%
  • Of course

    8 66.67%
  • Lets do it

    0 0%
  • yesterday

    2 16.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: A Petition to the WA Legislature

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    E TN
    Posts
    165

    Post imported post

    How about we get up a Petition to push the Legislature to strike un COnstitutional gun laws. After all, they ALL are Un Constitutional.

    Why should a CP license be needed? Its a STUPID law anyway, it cannot be enforced.
    Why should carry be banned in a Court room? Who will protect the Judge? Disarm the CRIMINALS.

    WA firearms are as gutted of force as they could make them, because they KNEW they were UNCONSTITUTIONAL. The penalty for CCW without a permit is $250 DOLLARS and thats only if the Court gets around to processing it within 48 hours.

    Whos up for a Petition? How about we contact this Tim Eyman (spelling?) as he seems to be good at this sort of thing.

    Example: Look at Idahos laws. They basically dont have any:

    http://www.idaho.gov/laws_rules/firearm.html

    The search function is flooded at the moment, I wonder whos looking at what?

    Theres apparently a similar thing in AZ:

    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum10/36593.html

    Over.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sedro, Washington, USA
    Posts
    533

    Post imported post

    Please cite the $250 fine for CC without a CPL. Much appreciated.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    E TN
    Posts
    165

    Post imported post

    Go study RCW for yourself, to know the LAW is your responsibility. I do. ITs not my responsibility to explain it to you. Its everyones responsibility to know it for themselves, because I cant be there when/if youre harassed for exerting your RIGHTS. If they do make the mistake of harassing me, be sure I can almost close my eyes and cite RCW.

    Heres a little help in getting started:

    http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.050


    PS the question is off topic. What are you going to do about the Petition?

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,667

    Post imported post

    Capn Camo wrote:
    WA firearms are as gutted of force as they could make them, because they KNEW they were UNCONSTITUTIONAL. The penalty for CCW without a permit is $250 DOLLARS and thats only if the Court gets around to processing it within 48 hours.

    Go study RCW for yourself, to know the LAW is your responsibility. I do
    Capn Camo: Part of the rules of this forum is that if you make a claim about law you are to offer a cite for it.
    Live Free or Die!

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    E TN
    Posts
    165

    Post imported post

    Sorry, forum rules do not trump law. IT IS EVERYONES RESPONSIBILITY TO KNOW THE LAW.

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,667

    Post imported post

    Capn Camo wrote:
    Sorry, forum rules do not trump law. IT IS EVERYONES RESPONSIBILITY TO KNOW THE LAW.
    Well since this is the forum, let's show proper etiquette and decorum.

    As far as your petition, you are correct. All laws regarding firearms are null and void in theory. And piece by piece they need to be repealed.
    Live Free or Die!

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sedro, Washington, USA
    Posts
    533

    Post imported post

    Capn Camo wrote:
    Sorry, forum rules do not trump law. IT IS EVERYONES RESPONSIBILITY TO KNOW THE LAW.


    If you can't follow the SIMPLE forum rules and cite your **** then who could possible stand behind you? Who do you think you are?

    Good luck, you're on your own.

  8. #8
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Post imported post

    If it's everyone's responsibility to know the law and you withhold the information that would inform us of this law. Than you are guilty propagating our ignorance.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sedro, Washington, USA
    Posts
    533

    Post imported post

    Pretty much. Who can speak of responsibility and ignore the rules of the forum in which they participate? Integrity is severely lacking here.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Everett, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,339

    Post imported post

    Capn Camo wrote:
    The penalty for CCW without a permit is $250 DOLLARS and thats only if the Court gets around to processing it within 48 hours.
    The 48 hours is not a limit on the court processing but rather a limit on the amount of time the issuing officer has to file it to the courts.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

    "though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Blaine, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,315

    Post imported post

    Capn Camo wrote:
    Sorry, forum rules do not trump law. IT IS EVERYONES RESPONSIBILITY TO KNOW THE LAW.
    There is no law that says you don't have to follow forum rules however. So in this case forum rules trump your non-existent law. IT IS EVERYONES RESPONSIBILITY TO KNOW THE FORUM RULES.



  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Long gone
    Posts
    2,575

    Post imported post

    Capn Camo

    This is a private web site, Mike & Johnallow us play here. By not following the rules thatMike & John have laid down you are being rude. It is equalivant to going to someones home and refusing to abide by the rules. When I do not like the rules I leave and go somewherewhere I do like the rules. Think about it.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    E TN
    Posts
    165

    Post imported post

    In attacking me, you prove two things:

    1.) Liberty is not first in your minds
    2.) youre hypocrites when condemning me for not following "rules" when the FIRSt rule of a BBS is STAY ON TOPIC.

    The topic is legislation, not whining.

    I have to assume that the crowd here is actually anti 2A rights.
    This is what the anti gunLIBERALS do, when they have no argument, THEY LAUNCH PERSONAL ATTACKS.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sedro, Washington, USA
    Posts
    533

    Post imported post

    Capn Camo wrote:
    In attacking me, you prove two things:

    1.) Liberty is not first in your minds
    2.) youre hypocrites when condemning me for not following "rules" when the FIRSt rule of a BBS is STAY ON TOPIC.

    The topic is legislation, not whining.

    I have to assume that the crowd here is actually anti 2A rights.
    This is what the anti gunLIBERALS do, when they have no argument, THEY LAUNCH PERSONAL ATTACKS.
    Wow, in your infinite wisdom you must be right. What amazing logic, now I see it, I am just an anti 2A libtard and that's why I spend all my time on OCDO! /sarcasm

    Personal attacks weren't made, you were told to adhere to the rules that everyone else does.

    Go away, Boo Boo's minion.

  15. #15
    Regular Member Metalhead47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Whidbey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,812

    Post imported post

    Capn Camo wrote:
    In attacking me, you prove two things:

    1.) Liberty is not first in your minds
    2.) youre hypocrites when condemning me for not following "rules" when the FIRSt rule of a BBS is STAY ON TOPIC.

    The topic is legislation, not whining.

    I have to assume that the crowd here is actually anti 2A rights.
    This is what the anti gunLIBERALS do, when they have no argument, THEY LAUNCH PERSONAL ATTACKS.
    No one is *attacking* you, what we have a problem with is your attitude. I'm sure it's not intentional, but you're coming across as an arrogant know-it-all. Basically, you're behaving like a tool. Drop the attitude and we'll all get along fine.
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

  16. #16
    Regular Member FMCDH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,043

    Post imported post

    Capn Camo wrote:
    Go study RCW for yourself, to know the LAW is your responsibility. I do. ITs not my responsibility to explain it to you. Its everyones responsibility to know it for themselves, because I cant be there when/if youre harassed for exerting your RIGHTS. If they do make the mistake of harassing me, be sure I can almost close my eyes and cite RCW.

    Heres a little help in getting started:

    http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.050


    PS the question is off topic. What are you going to do about the Petition?
    Um, no...

    The "class 1 civil infraction" thatyou are actuallyreferring to only applies to people WITH permits who fail to follow therequirementsasreferenced in 1 (b) within 9.41.050.

    Carrying a pistol concealed on the person without a permit is a misdemeanor in all other contexts within 9.41.050. A misdemeanor in Washington State is punishable by up to 90 days in jail and/or a $1000 fine.

    http://www.pelleylawgroup.com/crime-and-punishment/

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lakewood, WA
    Posts
    1,001

    Post imported post

    Capn Camo,

    Take your attitude and GTFO. Sign the petition on your way out the door.




    Everyone else,

    Let's get this petition rolling!:celebrate
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

    Shooters before hooters.

  18. #18
    State Researcher Bill Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nortonville, KY, USA
    Posts
    4,291

    Post imported post


  19. #19
    Regular Member Metalhead47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Whidbey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,812

    Post imported post

    M1Gunr wrote:
    ROFLMAO where'd you find that one? This forum needs more smileys!
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

  20. #20
    State Researcher Bill Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nortonville, KY, USA
    Posts
    4,291

    Post imported post

    Metalhead47 wrote:
    M1Gunr wrote:
    ROFLMAO where'd you find that one? This forum needs more smileys!
    right click, photo properties....

  21. #21
    Regular Member massivedesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Olympia, Washington, USA
    Posts
    866

    Post imported post

    M1Gunr wrote:
    Metalhead47 wrote:
    M1Gunr wrote:
    ROFLMAO where'd you find that one? This forum needs more smileys!
    right click, photo properties....
    smiley jacker!!!!!!!!
    www.WaGuns.org

    Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!

  22. #22
    Campaign Veteran Right Wing Wacko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    645

    Post imported post

    My Favorite:



  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Poulsbo, Washington, USA
    Posts
    546

    Post imported post

    While I admire your spirit, isn't the point of a poll to have multiple options?

  24. #24
    Regular Member FMCDH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,043

    Post imported post

    antispam540 wrote:
    While I admire your spirit, isn't the point of a poll to have multiple options?
    Only if your open for others to disagree with your personal opinion.

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    736

    Post imported post

    Capn Camo wrote:

    The penalty for CCW without a permit is $250 DOLLARS and thats only if the Court gets around to processing it within 48 hours
    Go study RCW for yourself, to know the LAW is your responsibility. I do. ITs not my responsibility to explain it to you. Its everyones responsibility to know it for themselves, because I cant be there when/if youre harassed for exerting your RIGHTS. If they do make the mistake of harassing me, be sure I can almost close my eyes and cite RCW.

    Heres a little help in getting started:

    http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.050
    Actually, Capn Camo, you'd be wise to take your own advice.

    RCW 9.41.050 (1)(a) states:

    Except in the person's place of abode or fixed place of business, a person shall not carry a pistol concealed on his or her person without a license to carry a concealed pistol.
    RCW 9A.20.010 (2)(a) states:

    Any crime punishable by a fine of not more than one thousand dollars, or by imprisonment in a county jail for not more than ninety days, or by both such fine and imprisonment is a misdemeanor. Whenever the performance of any act is prohibited by any statute, and no penalty for the violation of such statute is imposed, the committing of such act shall be a misdemeanor.
    (emp. added)

    Therefore, violation of RCW 9.41.050 (1)(a) is a misdemeanor, which, according to RCW 9A.20.021 (3), is:

    Every person convicted of a misdemeanor defined in Title 9A RCW shall be punished by imprisonment in the county jail for a maximum term fixed by the court of not more than ninety days, or by a fine in an amount fixed by the court of not more than one thousand dollars, or by both such imprisonment and fine.
    And for some reason, this is re-iterated in 9A.04.040 (2):

    A crime is a felony if it is so designated in this title or by any other statute of this state or if persons convicted thereof may be sentenced to imprisonment for a term in excess of one year. A crime is a misdemeanor if it is so designated in this title or by any other statute of this state or if persons convicted thereof may be sentenced to imprisonment for no more than ninety days. Every other crime is a gross misdemeanor.
    The penalty laid out in RCW 9.41.050(1)(b) is not applicable to RCW 9.41.050(1)(a), because it is specifically applied only to 9.41.050(1)(b):

    Every licensee shall have his or her concealed pistol license in his or her immediate possession at all times that he or she is required by this section to have a concealed pistol license and shall display the same upon demand to any police officer or to any other person when and if required by law to do so. Any violation of this subsection (1)(b) shall be a class 1 civil infraction under chapter 7.80 RCW and shall be punished accordingly pursuant to chapter 7.80 RCW and the infraction rules for courts of limited jurisdiction.
    (emp. added)

    (The Class 1 Civil Infraction being, of course, the $250 fine)

    Therefore, it is incorrect to say that carrying a concealed handgun without a license is a $250 fine, for indeed, it could be up to 90 days in prison and a $1,000 fine. It is correct to say that carrying a concealed handgun without the license in your immediate possession is a $250 fine, but that, sir, is not what you said. If you think the distinction is arbitrary, that's fine, I agree. It's not me making the distinction though; the distinction is in the law you claim to know so well.

    And that, my dear friend, is why we @#$%ing ask for cites 'round these here parts when you post @#$% like that. It's not necessarily for our edification, but rather, for yours.

    Sincerely,

    @#$% you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •