• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A Petition to the WA Legislature

Whos up for restoring the Constitution in WA

• Heck yes, Mabel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Of course

• Lets do it

• yesterday

• Total voters

massivedesign

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
Metalhead47 wrote:
M1Gunr wrote:
popcorn.gif
ROFLMAO where'd you find that one? This forum needs more smileys!:cuss:
right click, photo properties....
smiley jacker!!!!!!!!

FMCDH

imported post

antispam540 wrote:
While I admire your spirit, isn't the point of a poll to have multiple options?
Only if your open for others to disagree with your personal opinion. ;)

grishnav

imported post

Capn Camo wrote:

The penalty for CCW without a permit is $250 DOLLARS and thats only if the Court gets around to processing it within 48 hours
Go study RCW for yourself, to know the LAW is your responsibility. I do. ITs not my responsibility to explain it to you. Its everyones responsibility to know it for themselves, because I cant be there when/if youre harassed for exerting your RIGHTS. If they do make the mistake of harassing me, be sure I can almost close my eyes and cite RCW.

Heres a little help in getting started:

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.050
Actually, Capn Camo, you'd be wise to take your own advice.

RCW 9.41.050 (1)(a) states:

Except in the person's place of abode or fixed place of business, a person shall not carry a pistol concealed on his or her person without a license to carry a concealed pistol.

RCW 9A.20.010 (2)(a) states:

Any crime punishable by a fine of not more than one thousand dollars, or by imprisonment in a county jail for not more than ninety days, or by both such fine and imprisonment is a misdemeanor. Whenever the performance of any act is prohibited by any statute, and no penalty for the violation of such statute is imposed, the committing of such act shall be a misdemeanor.
(emp. added)

Therefore, violation of RCW 9.41.050 (1)(a) is a misdemeanor, which, according to RCW 9A.20.021 (3), is:

Every person convicted of a misdemeanor defined in Title 9A RCW shall be punished by imprisonment in the county jail for a maximum term fixed by the court of not more than ninety days, or by a fine in an amount fixed by the court of not more than one thousand dollars, or by both such imprisonment and fine.

And for some reason, this is re-iterated in 9A.04.040 (2):

A crime is a felony if it is so designated in this title or by any other statute of this state or if persons convicted thereof may be sentenced to imprisonment for a term in excess of one year. A crime is a misdemeanor if it is so designated in this title or by any other statute of this state or if persons convicted thereof may be sentenced to imprisonment for no more than ninety days. Every other crime is a gross misdemeanor.

The penalty laid out in RCW 9.41.050(1)(b) is not applicable to RCW 9.41.050(1)(a), because it is specifically applied only to 9.41.050(1)(b):

Every licensee shall have his or her concealed pistol license in his or her immediate possession at all times that he or she is required by this section to have a concealed pistol license and shall display the same upon demand to any police officer or to any other person when and if required by law to do so. Any violation of this subsection (1)(b) shall be a class 1 civil infraction under chapter 7.80 RCW and shall be punished accordingly pursuant to chapter 7.80 RCW and the infraction rules for courts of limited jurisdiction.

(emp. added)

(The Class 1 Civil Infraction being, of course, the $250 fine)

Therefore, it is incorrect to say that carrying a concealed handgun without a license is a $250 fine, for indeed, it could be up to 90 days in prison and a $1,000 fine. It is correct to say that carrying a concealed handgun without the license in your immediate possession is a $250 fine, but that, sir, is not what you said. If you think the distinction is arbitrary, that's fine, I agree. It's not me making the distinction though; the distinction is in the law you claim to know so well.

And that, my dear friend, is why we @#$%ing ask for cites 'round these here parts when you post @#$% like that. It's not necessarily for our edification, but rather, for yours.

Sincerely,

@#$% you.