Thread: House Bill 879 - AKA: The Library Loophole Civil Rights Suppression Act

Post imported post

Here is the e-mail I sent to my delegate

House Bill 879 - AKA: The Library Loophole Civil Rights Suppression Act

Dear Delegate BaCote,

I am a registered voter in the 318th Precinct (Wilson) of Newport News.

I am very disturbed by your sponsorship of House Bill 879 which would allow localities to strip the right of law abiding citizens to exercise a civil right in public libraries.

Why would you propose the suppression of civil rights? It is inconceivable to me.

This legislation would also create a patchwork of local laws which could ensnare otherwise law abiding citizens. Preventing this sort of situation is the very reason that we have a firearms preemption law in the Commonwealth.

Your Library Loophole will not prevent criminals from carrying firearms because they do not obey the law. Your Library Loophole will only disarm law abiding citizens that wish to use the library, turning those libraries into victim disarmament zones.

I respectfully ask you to reconsider and withdraw your support from this legislation which will suppress a civil right in Virginia.

Please let me know what you intend to do.

Thank you for your time,

xxxxxxxxxxxx
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitableľand let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come ůůůů. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Thundar wrote:
    Here is the e-mail I sent to my delegate┬*

House Bill 879 - AKA: The Library Loophole Civil Rights Suppression Act

Dear Delegate BaCote,

I am a registered voter in the 318th Precinct (Wilson) of Newport News.

┬*I am very disturbed by your sponsorship of House Bill 879 which would allow localities to strip the right of law abiding citizens to exercise a civil right in public libraries.┬*

Why would you propose the suppression of civil rights?┬* It is inconceivable to me.┬*┬*

This legislation would also create a patchwork of local laws which could ensnare otherwise law abiding citizens.┬* Preventing this sort of situation is the very reason that we have a firearms preemption law in the Commonwealth.┬*┬*┬*

Your Library Loophole will not prevent criminals from carrying firearms because they do not obey the law.┬* Your Library Loophole will only disarm law abiding citizens that wish to use the library, turning those libraries into victim disarmament zones.┬*

I respectfully ask you to reconsider and withdraw your support from this legislation which will suppress a civil right in Virginia.┬*

Please let me know what you intend to do.┬*

Thank you for your time,┬*

xxxxxxxxxxxx
    nice work.
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

Nice.

Post imported post

Good job, Thundar. You know that Mamie submits this bill every year. I think it's in response to the flap about the "No Weapons" signs that were posted at NN libraries a few years ago. The city was required to remove them.

On Lobby Day, my delegate, Robin Abbott, informed me (and severalother VCDL members)that she was a co-patron of Mamie's bill. We told her that she had made a poor choice because we were happy with preemption just the way it is, and that the bill wasn't necessary because people weren't being gunned down in libraries. I think Mamie got her to sign on because she is the new kid on the block.

On a side note, Robin was the only politician with constituents whose homes contain Chinese Drywall (Hollymede) not mentioned in the recentDP story. Yet she's a consumer advocate lawyer...
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA

Post imported post

It's dead
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."