• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UOCer stopped in E Palo Alto store and asked to leave

dirtykoala

imported post

EPA is crazy. I only go there if I need to get to the dumbarton bridge, or their new shopping center right off 101 with best buy, home depot, nordstrom rack...

Growing up in palo alto, people I knew would often go to EPA for, hm, stuff. most would come back with a crazy story, some would come back shot, one guy I know got raped by a few guys for "being on their turf". I had a friend get shot in the head there, two shots were fired, the first one missed, second hit him in the head, they rulled it as a suicide. Epa still has dirt roads in areas, they have 0 banks, and I'm not sure if they have a high school or not yet. When I was in high school kids from EPA would come over to our PA schools, (rant, if you ask me, EPA is a different county than palo alto, they shouldn't be allowed in palo alto schools) BSGood news is that it can be cheap, I knew a guy who paid $300 a month to rent a 3BR house, this was in 2007. They also have cool guns, I was once offered a 9mm glock with a silencer and 2-30rnd mags for $700, criminals are so much better off than we are!

Streetbikerr6

imported post

cato wrote:
It's working for me.

Here is the 'Paul Harvy'.

"Open carry advocates create a potentially very dangerous situation," Lunny said. "When police are called to a 'man with a gun' call they typically are responding to a situation about which they have few details other than that one or more people are present at a location and are armed. Officers may have no idea that these people are simply 'exercising their rights.' "
Gee, isn't that dispatchers fault?

A plumber doesnt recieve a "man with a plumbing issue" call and jumps forjoyassuming he has a $3000 plumbing project and get pissed at the customer when it turns out to be a $50 clog does he?

Last time I checked the average human doesn't just call 911 and say "man with gun" and then hangs up.

MWAG call dispatcher- so easy a cave man can do it.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

How correct. The 911 call on me was at least a 5 min. call were they kept reporting, "now he is walking past such and such". I guess a man exercising his legally protected method of carrying his firearm and drinking a hot Starbucks and walking down the road was still threat enough to be stopped at gun point to the head?

It is because the cops want the confrontation!!!! They get off on it. There was a study years ago, I have no clue to where to look for the cites.

It goes like this some attorneys were trying to argue that it wasn't criminals fault in the crimes they commit. They did scans and other tests and found out that their brains are wired a little different. So it really wasn't their fault, they didn't have a choice.

Now here's the kicker, Police brains are wired the same way!!!!!

So are firemen and other thrill seekers. Some even dubbed it the T-gene ( I think ) for Thrill. So it is up to people what they do it is the choices they make whether they use this T-gene for good or for evil.

We would hope they use it to save someone from a fire, or rush in to save someone from a violent criminal. Which they do, when given the chance. The reality of the situation though is that this exciting job of being a police officer, is actually boring most of the time. Contrary to what news and officials would have us believe most officers are not constantly in danger. So when some see a chance to satisfy that T- addiction they jump on it regardless of what the 911 call is. Creating the andrenaline rush or dangerous situation they so crave.