• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Feedback from Olympia, looks like SB6369 is going down

Capn Camo

imported post

[OOPS SB 6396]

I received these responses from our SANE reps today:

David I do oppose the legislation. I believe our efforts have stop the bill in committee. Thank you for the e-mail.

Senator Jerome Delvin
8th Legislative District "

"Agreed, David. Thanks again for writing. I will uphold the US and Washington State Constitutions.

Brad

Representative Brad Klippert
8th Legislative District
436 John L. O'Brien Building
P.O. Box 40600
Olympia, WA 98504-0600
(360) 786-7882 Olympia "

"SB 6396 was heard in the Senate Judiciary Committee on January 26th. No executive action was taken on the bill at that time and the word is that it will not be voted out of committee. However, with that being said, committee cutoff isn't until next week, so we won't know for sure until that time.

Please be assured that if any of the gun restriction bills come to the Floor of the House for a vote, I will be voting no.

Larry Haler
State Representative
8th District"

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate unprecedented 5 dancing bananna.

Crap, now that box of AR mags I bought will only be worth $15 each. Fair tradeoff.

DEROS72

imported post

Next week ...lets keep the pressure on these guys they will resort to anything to advance there anti agenda..

Squeak

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Next week ...lets keep the pressure on these guys they will resort to anything to advance there anti agenda..
'Nuther field trip to Oly? I'm up for it.:celebrate

Squeak

imported post

attachment.php

Squeak

imported post

Sorry about the size. Maybe someone else should be doing this. Deros mentioned about posting a few pictures. :?

PoppaGary

imported post

If Kline could go out shooting, hear both sides, with the opposition being pretty well represented and is suppose to follow the law, but is still driving this wreck, I'd say he is non-factor and we really should focus on the other members. (Well not total non-factor, he is still pushing it when he could have killed it right there, I think.)

I mean, how many newbies have we all taken shooting and how many don't see the muzzle flash? Usually not many. :D

Lots to do, off to email.

Gary

Edit: Corrected "falsh"; nah, I don't need to preview or spell check, all the big words have been checked. :banghead:

Richard6218

imported post

I just watched about the first hour of the video and what impresses me about Kline is his arrogance. He made a big do at the outset about how he was going to conduct a fair hearing, with equal time given to both sides. First one speaker "pro" then one "con" with all having a fair chance. But as the hearing progressed herebuked Pam Roach for questioning a witness with what I thought were reasonable questions and called her interruption "badgering", and "we don't allow that here". The first "con" witness didn't helphimself or the causeby attacking Kline's background which apparently includes membership in SDS --- not exactly a democracy-friendly organization. But the guy was not smart by wandering off-topic as he did.

I stopped watching with an hour and 8 minutes still to go -- just got too late tonight.