Thread: UOC at establishements that serve alcohol?

Post imported post

My name is Kyle and I am brand new to the forum and UOCing in general. I fully support the movement to raise awareness of our 2nd amendment rights while also protecting oneself from being victim to crime. With that being said, I appreciate forums like this and the constructive manner in which people on this site comment on postings.

I live in Los Angeles and would love to UOC when possible, however, I am concerned about going to a restaurant that serves alcohol. To take this question to a hypothetical level as well, what about a bar?

I am fully aware of the age old rule of the dangers of mixing alcohol with firearms so with that being said, constructive, informative responses would be more appreciated than the opes rebuking ones.

Thank you.

Post imported post

What you describe isnot a crime.

If you are new then do your research:

http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/Main_Page

and

http://californiaopencarry.org/

IF you decide to UOC, after readingEVERYTHING,try to stick to a group event.

Post imported post

kfraz wrote:
    My name is Kyle and I am brand new to the forum and UOCing in general. I fully support the movement to raise awareness of our 2nd amendment rights while also protecting oneself from being victim to crime. With that being said, I appreciate forums like this and the constructive manner in which people on this site comment on postings.

I live in Los Angeles and would love to UOC when possible, however, I am concerned about going to a restaurant that serves alcohol. To take this question to a hypothetical level as well, what about a bar?

I am fully aware of the age old rule of the dangers of mixing alcohol with firearms so with that being said, constructive, informative responses would be more appreciated than the opes rebuking ones.

Thank you.
    I don't know of any law in California that prohibits possession of firearms in proximity to alcohol, but the owner/manager would be within their rights to either not serve you any drinks or ask you to leave.

Post imported post

Hey Kyle,

Welcome to the board, I'm in LA also, and I just came across this board last week very recently too. I sent you a little greetings in your private message.

State Researcher

Post imported post

I've open carried in many restruants where alcohol is served. In fact, our first annual open carry dinner was at one such establishment.

I've also open carried into a restuarant with a seperate bar area, sat at the bar, and had a beer. I've done this on 3 occasions.

As for the age-old "guns and alcohol don't mix"... I instead say, "guns and intoxication don't mix." Just like there's nothing wrong with operating a car with a 0.01 BAC, I see no reason to fear the effects of such a small amount of alcohol on the possession of a firearm.
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.