• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UOC at establishements that serve alcohol?

kfraz

imported post

My name is Kyle and I am brand new to the forum and UOCing in general. I fully support the movement to raise awareness of our 2nd amendment rights while also protecting oneself from being victim to crime. With that being said, I appreciate forums like this and the constructive manner in which people on this site comment on postings.

I live in Los Angeles and would love to UOC when possible, however, I am concerned about going to a restaurant that serves alcohol. To take this question to a hypothetical level as well, what about a bar?

I am fully aware of the age old rule of the dangers of mixing alcohol with firearms so with that being said, constructive, informative responses would be more appreciated than the opes rebuking ones.

Thank you.

inbox485

imported post

kfraz wrote:
My name is Kyle and I am brand new to the forum and UOCing in general. I fully support the movement to raise awareness of our 2nd amendment rights while also protecting oneself from being victim to crime. With that being said, I appreciate forums like this and the constructive manner in which people on this site comment on postings.

I live in Los Angeles and would love to UOC when possible, however, I am concerned about going to a restaurant that serves alcohol. To take this question to a hypothetical level as well, what about a bar?

I am fully aware of the age old rule of the dangers of mixing alcohol with firearms so with that being said, constructive, informative responses would be more appreciated than the opes rebuking ones.

Thank you.

I don't know of any law in California that prohibits possession of firearms in proximity to alcohol, but the owner/manager would be within their rights to either not serve you any drinks or ask you to leave.

oc3068

imported post

Hey Kyle,

Welcome to the board, I'm in LA also, and I just came across this board last week very recently too. I sent you a little greetings in your private message.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I've open carried in many restruants where alcohol is served. In fact, our first annual open carry dinner was at one such establishment.

I've also open carried into a restuarant with a seperate bar area, sat at the bar, and had a beer. I've done this on 3 occasions.

As for the age-old "guns and alcohol don't mix"... I instead say, "guns and intoxication don't mix." Just like there's nothing wrong with operating a car with a 0.01 BAC, I see no reason to fear the effects of such a small amount of alcohol on the possession of a firearm.