Thread: Dear Beavercreek Councilwoman Phyllis Howard

Post imported post

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/7091
    http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/...an-515759.html

Dear councilwoman:

No, you don't agree with the right to bear arms. Or maybe you just don't think anybody should protect themselves near children. WTF.

So if anybody wants to go stand around in a park while OCing, Beavercreek has just announced their need for such. ;P

Post imported post

This sorta stuff pisses me off so much I don't even know where to start. It's like a I need a premade crash course guide to dealing with idiots / ignorants.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Post imported post

Seriously. Not to mention that Greene is a conservative county - WTF was she thinking?

Post imported post

It's not like criminals will obey a ban in public parks. Morons.

Post imported post

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/7092

Update!

Today, Howard met with fellow Greene County Republican Central committee member and Buckeye Firearms Association Region Leader Larry S. Moore, and we are pleased to report that Howard is now rethinking her stance on the issue.

Howard informed Moore that she has been contacted via email this week by a number of gun owners, and that all have been polite and informative. She has also talked personally with other constitutents who have provided her with more information.

Howard admits she didn't understand Ohio's concealed carry law when she made the comments, nor the extensive training process Ohio concealed handgun license (CHL) -holders have to go through in order to obtain a license.

Councilwoman Howard says after having better educated herself on the issue, she is prepared to go to council and say she understands that CHL-holders are not the problem, and express her support for the city's efforts to align city law with state law.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar

Post imported post

I have always thought you should not judge someone by their hair color.

Post imported post

I just hope that the change of heart, was truely a change of heart, and not politically motivated. I would hate to find out that she and Al Gore have the same kind of flip flops.