• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Grand Rapids and Surrounding Cities

d_hillman00

d_hillman00

imported post

Come guys and gals! We are up to 4 new members already! We all need each others help to get the knowledge and conversation traveling in this group. Come check it out! Post anything, Pictures of carrying are awesome. Lets be heard in Grand Rapids! Check it out and post something! Thanks!

d_hillman00

imported post

Its been a couple of days since the last post, so I would like to bother you Grand Rapids locals again in a nice friendly way! There has not been increase with membership for the Grand Rapids Open Carry/Concealed Carry group on facebook. With all this madness happing on MOC, we need to stick together and keep showing the public that we are just trying to educate them with guns. Everyone needs to break down the big group of OC/CC members and make a local type statement to show the public on a personal level guns are ok! So please consider joining if you are a local to Grand Rapids or surrounding cities. Feel free to post whatever is on your mindof the OC/CC world. Thank You! I hope to see you there soon!

Group Link: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=275632514110

d_hillman00

imported post

I havent bothered you guys and gals in a few weeks. We are up to 13 new members for the Grand Rapids Open Carry/Concealed Carry. Please, please come join this facebook group if you have facebook and are located in Grand Rapids or the surrounding cities. If we increase our membership numbers, we can use this group as a tool to exercise our 2nd Amendment on a local level. I hope that we can have people create more local groups and make the public know of guns being a positive thing in their community. If you know family and friends who would be a positive addition to the group please invite them as well. I hope to see you all there! Thank you!

Heres the link:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=app_2373072738&gid=275632514110#/group.php?v=wall&gid=275632514110

d_hillman00

imported post

BudStrohs wrote:
I live in Grand Rapids, and Carry a gun, and I just joined!
Welcome!!!!! Please tell your friends and family about the group! The more members the sooner we can get conversation rolling and maybe some get togethers when the snow finally goes away! Welcome and Thank you for joining!

quarter horseman

imported post

Hello and welcome,nice to see a neighbor here.I have not seen too many meetings in GR area, but would like to see more happen. Who are FB friends? How did you hear of OC? have you seen me carrying around town?

leftcoastrighty

imported post

Hey neighbor,

I heard about OC from the Defensive Carry website. There really is no Michigan group on there so I was just looking around.

FB is an abbreviation for Facebook. I am reluctant to have everyone on facebook that I am connected to know I concealed carry a weapon. Some are just not there yet.. and some I work with. We have a "no weapons" policy at my office and I don't need folks wondering about me.

I have not seen you around town but we just moved here from Houston last summer. I've only seen one other guy open carry and that was a couple weeks ago at the Grandville Meijers.

Do you get many questions?

I grew up in Grand Rapids but we really enjoy living out this way. I'll keep an eye out.

quarter horseman

imported post

I dont get alot of questions just mainly looks and points. I have had one negitive encounter at the Wayland park behind the cop shop. The guy didnt like the gun around kids, I guess he thinks that the bad guys wont bother kids or be in a park. That might have been me you seen at Mijers, I havent sen anyone else carrying except when I go to meet and eats. I hopefully will be going to the meet and in in Kzoo march 13th, I'm so busy all the time I sometimes plan on going but dont make it. Hopefully we can get something going around this area. Maybe see you around some time, carry on!

BlueStarDad

imported post

Hello, I live in the Muskegon area and was wondering if anyone else OC in this area. I'm new to the OC concept.I do have my CPL (rec'd 1st one in 2002) and I CC every day. Just wondering about OC experiances in my area. Thanks.

quarter horseman

imported post

Welcome to OC, before you start OCing I would advise you to study the laws, just to keep you out of trouble. With your cpl it makes ocing alot easyer, I have mine also, and carry everyware. If you look down the posts you will come across ziggyziggyzoo who designed a card with no carry places that maybe a quick place to learn, and a quick reminder.Again welcome and carryon!

d_hillman00

imported post

I havent bothered you guys and gals in a few weeks again. We are up to26 new members for the Grand Rapids Open Carry/Concealed Carry. Please, please come join this facebook group if you have facebook and are located in Grand Rapids or the surrounding cities. If we increase our membership numbers, we can use this group as a tool to exercise our 2nd Amendment on a local level. We already have great conversation posting at the groups site.I hope that we can have people create more local groups and make the public know of guns being a positive thing in their community. If you know family and friends who would be a positive addition to the group please invite them as well. I hope to see you all there! Thank you! Already a member, Thank you for joining and keep the conversations rolling, is how great groups get started.....!

d_hillman00

imported post

Hello fellow gun carrying neighbors!!!! This is Hillman!!!! I am still trying to make the facebook group "Grand Rapids Open Carry-Concealed Carry" grow in numbers so we gun carriers have another usefull tool! We are up to 30 members in a few months. Please keep in mind all your friends and family who may be interested in the group! It is nice to know you have local people who have the same interest as yourself! So please take the time to join and maybe a local type chapter may be of interest to all of us!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=275632514110&ref=ts

chino357

imported post

I'm 17yrs old does anyone know how i can get a pistol before i turned 18??