Thread: Battle Creek police chief to retire... hmmm interesting!

Post imported post

BC Police Chief Headings to retire65-year-old to be replaced by Jackie HamptonUpdated: Thursday, 28 Jan 2010, 7:38 PM EST
    Published : Thursday, 28 Jan 2010, 7:38 PM EST
    Battle Creek Police Chief David Headings is retiring in February, making way for a new leader.
    The 65-year-old has reached the mandatory retirement age, and will hand the reins to deputy chief Jackie Hampton, who has been with the force for 22 years.
    "If you look at the progression of my career and you think of the natural progression of things, then yes, I would be sitting in this chair," Hampton said. "But I say that humbly. I'm definitely honored to be sitting here. And I can't wait until the time comes."
    When it's his time to retire, Hampton added, he hopes he has left the Battle Creek Police Department and the community a better place.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local...ings-to-retire
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

Wouldn't it be interesting if his comments pertaining to OC got him to "resign"?

Post imported post

Yeah that was what I was thinking... or he knew he was resigning so he wanted to get his digs in...
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

Yes he knew he was retarding in Feb, and if you noticed that they did not even look at anybody but Hampton HUM !!!

Post imported post

Anyone know what the new incomming cheifs veiws are on OC? Does he follow suit to his predicessor?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

The article says "mandatory retirement age".